• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 18, 2014] KING OF THE RING 2014 (Des Moines, Iowa)

GameGeeks

Smash Cadet

at CAPES KAFÉ in the Des Moines Social Club! - Des Moines, Iowa
Doors at NOON on Saturday, October 18th, 2014!

EVENT DETAILS:

$5 Venue Fee (No charge to spectate)
PLEASE BRING SET-UPS
Pre-Register to choose your team
Sign-up on the Facebook event page

MAIN EVENTS ($10/PLAYER):
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles
Project Melee Singles
Ultra Street Fighter 4

SIDE EVENTS ($5/PLAYER):
SMASH 3DS SINGLES
(Bring your own 3DS)
Super Smash Bros. Singles
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

With Interest/Time Permitting:
Melee / Project M Doubles
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
King of Fighters XIII

EXHIBITION EVENT
There will be a 5v5 Project M Crew Battle between Iowa City and Des Moines. When you pre-register you will be asked to choose a city to 'rep'. Everyone who chose the winning side on their pre-register form will win special prizes at the event. The winning cew will get bragging rights until November when we have the King of the Runback Crew Battle. The total stocks from both events will decide the winning city for the year.
This year Des Moines captain is Blank Mauser. This years Iowa City captain is Pat Took.

BROUGHT TO YOU BY GAME GEEKS IOWA CITY

Last edited:

GOLDENMOP

Smash Cadet
GOLDENMOP, my boy, why not indeed. SM4SH 3DS tournament will be at this event. Bring your own gear.

Post update in-coming.
Sweet! It wasn't listed so I thought it wasn't gonna be there. I would assume you guys will be running the bracket right?

GameGeeks

Smash Cadet
How much is the cheap street parking if for some reason I need to use it? And also how does paid street parking work? I have never ever had to do that before.
Actually, I just read this:

Parking downtown is FREE on the weekends. Beginning at 6 a.m. on Saturday, parking in all City ramps are free of charge. Parking at meters is free all weekend, as well as after 6 p.m. during the week.

http://www.downtowndesmoines.com/parking-faq

So, if you can find parking on the street its free. Ramps are also free.
As for where to find a ramp:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
*Screams 67.5 of the worst words I know* all right so I started playing smash competitively 5 days before this happens and I live in Iowa. But I wasn't even thinking about tournaments at the time and now I regret it....I hope there's another one next year...my shiek would of wrecked everyone there.....probably....

Last edited:

GameGeeks

Smash Cadet
*Screams 67.5 of the worst words I know* all right so I started playing smash competitively 5 days before this happens and I live in Iowa. But I wasn't even thinking about tournaments at the time and now I regret it....I hope there's another one next year...my ahiek would of wrecked everyone there.....probably....
Yeah Ninja there will be another in the spring next year. If you are looking for monthlies Game Geeks holds one in Iowa City.

https://facebook.com/events/270166526502681

Top Bottom