• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 11, 2014] "Victory Smash 1" pres. by Windy City eSports (Plainfield, IL)

AB-80

Smash Apprentice

SATURDAY OCTOBER 11TH, 2014 - 5:30 PM
TOURNAMENTS FOR MELEE, PROJECT M, AND SMASH 3DS

MELEE AND PROJECT M DEDICATED LIVE STREAM VIA TWITCH

Windy City eSports has teamed up with a new venue in Plainfield, Illinois (40 minutes from Chicago) to bring you the best in competitive gaming. Specifically, Super Smash Bros. Victory Games will be providing us a venue for our new "Victory Smash" Series (monthly and weekly), taking place of our former Suburb Smash Series. With ample space, multiple food/drink options in the same strip, and adequate streaming capability, Victory Games is helping us improve tournament quality for you guys most importantly!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

FEES:
Venue Fee: $10
Melee Tournament Entry Fee: $10
Project M Tournament Entry Fee: $10
3DS Tournament Entry Fee: $5
$5.00 DISCOUNT AVAILABLE WHEN YOU BRING CRT, CONSOLE, AND GAME!
Payouts: 60% / 30% / 10%

STORE CREDIT ALSO AWARDED TO WINNERS, GOOD TOWARDS CARDS/ACCESSORIES, STRATEGY GAMES, ART, AND APPAREL
(15% OFF ENTIRE STORE FOR ALL REGISTRANTS)

**REGISTRATION UPON ARRIVAL WILL COST AN EXTRA $2.00**
_______________________________________________________________________________________
RULES:
- For Melee, rules will follow Apex.
- For Project M, rules will follow Apex, but only two stage bans are allowed.

- For 3DS, any available characters are legal. 3 stocks, 8 minutes for each match. Players will follow 1-2-1 striking format to begin match. Winner of first match gets ONE (1) stage ban. Loser of the previous match chooses next stage, followed by winner's character change, which is then followed by the loser's character change. Player choosing stage cannot pick a stage that he/she has previously won on in the set unless mutually agreed upon. DEFAULT MOVESETS ONLY.

LEGAL STAGES
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Prism Tower
Final Destination/Omegas
Arena Ferox

Any questions on rules can be directed to WindyCityeSports@outlook.com.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Tentative Schedule:
5:30pm - Registration Opens
6:00pm - Registration Closes (for Melee/3DS)
6:10pm - Melee Bracket Begins, 3DS Bracket Begins
8:15pm - Registration Closes For Project M; Bracket Begins

Click HERE to Register
Windy City eSports
Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch | Website

2 SLICES OF PIZZA, SNACK AND DRINK OF YOUR CHOICE FOR $5.00
COURTESY OF VICTORY GAMES AND MARCO'S PIZZA
(other food options available in strip)

Last edited:

LynxAngeloC

Smash Rookie
Might be a bit too far for me, but I'll see if I can make it. Registered just in case. If I do go, it will only be for the 3DS tournament. I'm assuming the three tournaments will be successive each other, rather than simultaneous, so I was wondering if you could give an estimated time the 3DS tournament will start closer to the date of this event.

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
@ L LynxAngeloC Melee will be first, followed by Project M. Smash 3DS will actually take place simultaneously throughout the day during these tournaments. The event as of now will be starting at 4:00pm instead of 1:00pm, so you can count on the 3DS event starting at 4:00pm as well.

KoiVene

Smash Rookie
I'm so happy a monthly/weekly started up near me, just as I decided to try my hand at competitive Smash. It's an amazing coincidence. I'm so hyped for this.

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
@ KoiVene KoiVene We're happy this worked out for you! No better time than now to get into the competitive scene. Be sure to register for the monthly when you can.

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
@ oscil8 oscil8 That's exciting! Looks like this will be the first tournament for a lot of players! It's always fun to see new players develop, and it'll be even better now that this will be happening on a more consistent basis between monthlies, weeklies, etc.

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
Our Smash 3DS rules are evolving as we watch more streams for the JP version of the game! Be sure to familiarize yourself with them in time for October 11th.

Registration is open, and available here under the tournaments tab.

iLoveSmash4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninfanboy
3DS FC
2466-2684-0709
il be there. Im doing the smash 3DS one. Where is the tournament. In what building. In plainfield. Il be bringing my 3DS/2DS.

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
Our 3DS ruleset has been updated.
Be sure to register! We are roughly two and a half weeks away from the event!
Dedicated stream will be provided via Twitch. Commentary may or may not be available at that time.

LynxAngeloC

Smash Rookie
There's a closer tournament happening to me on the same date and around the same time, so I'm going to attend that one instead. I've already registered but I don't think I'll show up to this one now, sorry.

Last edited:

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
There's a closer tournament happening to me on the same date and around the same time, so I'm going to attend that one instead. I've already registered but I don't think I'll show up to this one now, sorry.
All good Lynx

Icero93

Smash Rookie
For my equipment list its quiet the assortment of tech lol which more or less fall in the equipment catogorys haha

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
All registrants, please take notice...
THE SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED FOR 10/11. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
ALSO NOTE, THE MONDAY NIGHT SMASH WEEKLY HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL 10/13.

An edit has been made in the initial post. Thank you for your cooperation.
Any questions can be directed to windycityesports@outlook.com.

Icero93

Smash Rookie
So the tournament been postpone to Columbus Day? Sorry if I misunderstood lol

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
@ I Icero93 Victory Smash 1 (monthly, which you have registered for) is scheduled for 10/11 at 5:30pm. Monday Night Smash (weekly) will be starting 10/13 at 7:00pm, which I believe is Columbus Day, yes.

Also, have I talked to you about your setup that you intend on bringing?

iLoveSmash4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninfanboy
3DS FC
2466-2684-0709
This is my 2nd tournament. I lost my first one. ^_^ I took it pretty well. Hey it was my first.

Kawaii-Kun

Smash Apprentice
When's the second one? I might want to sign up for that one since I can't go to this first one.

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
When's the second one? I might want to sign up for that one since I can't go to this first one.
The second one will be sometime in November (obviously), but we probably won't know until next week for sure the exact date. it will have a thread here though. Also, don't forget - Monday Night Smash is every Monday at the same venue, starting this Monday 10/13 at 7pm.

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE FOR TODAY'S TOURNAMENT:
-15% OFF ENTIRE STORE FOR ALL THAT PARTICIPATE
-STORE CREDIT AWARDED ON TOP OF POT PAYOUT FOR WINNERS

Kawaii-Kun

Smash Apprentice
The second one will be sometime in November (obviously), but we probably won't know until next week for sure the exact date. it will have a thread here though. Also, don't forget - Monday Night Smash is every Monday at the same venue, starting this Monday 10/13 at 7pm.
Every monday? Sweet! I'll probably attend those often.

Riverside J

Smash Rookie
That was a great tournament! I had a lot of fun playing you guys. Smash takes a lot of work in the mind! Happy with my tournament result! -Jigo

Top Bottom