• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 11, 2014] Roll Tier X4: Remix $1100 Ft Mew2King Darkrain Strong Bad (Bellevue, NE)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
PRE-REGISTER HERE!
We are no longer forcing people to pre-register but to be guarenteed a spot into the free sm4sh tournament that's the best way to assure it, other than coming to our set up party on Friday Night and pre-registering then.

https://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/42457

Presents

Roll Tier X4: Remix

Date: October 11th, 2014
Venue: 12642 S 9th St. Bellevue, NE, 70MGame Center
This place is huge and ready for a huge regional Melee/PM tournament

More space if we need it

Lots of Space outside to possibly grill?

$1000 total pot bonus and free Little Caesars Pizza

Please Bring System/Game Please, especially if you want these PM/Melee tournament to run more efficently. We can't do this proper without your help!

Streams (MORE ON THIS!): http://www.twitch.tv/camtendo ran by @CommonRockRacer
http://www.twitch.tv/satisfyler/ ran by team Tyler

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/334...3806281/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

There will be a full team of TOs to bring you the best experience Nebraska has to offer.

Sponsors List:
70MGame
Little Caesars Pizza

There will be water and other drinks available along with snacks for purchase. (more on this later)

NO VENUE FEE BUT PLEASE BRING SET UPS! WE MAY HAVE A FRIDAY NIGHT ROUND UP "PARTY" TO ACQUIRE SET UPS

ALL AGES EVENT!

Smash Games:

Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles $10 ($300 pot bonus on top)
Super Smash Brothers Melee Doubles $20 per team ($200 pot bonus on top)

Project M Singles $10 ($300 pot bonus on top)
Project M Doubles $20 per team ($200 pot bonus top)
Plus a free Sm4sh tournament (entry capped to first 32 people who sign up for at least 1 other event at this tournament) ($70 to winner $30 to 2nd)

Time Frame:
10am Doors
11am First wave of Melee/PM Pools will begin
We will be streaming the Top 4 for each event at the end of everything.
--Everything else is T.B.D. closer to tournament date --

Full time frame is very TBA but we will be running waves for pools so you may enter PM and Melee both.

Payouts

If >23 attend
1st ~60%
2nd ~30%
3rd ~10%

If 24-31 attend
1st ~52%
2nd ~26%
3rd ~14%
4th ~8%

If 32-63 people attend
1st~50%
2nd~23%
3rd~15%
4th~7%
5th~2.5%(paid out twice, will not be paid out much more than entry fee)

Payout for 64+ people
1st~50%
2nd~25%
3rd~15%
4th~10%
5th-$50
5th-$50
7th-$20
7th-$20
Housing

Nebraska has tons of housing, and we will gladly house OOS. I already have had people ask me about it from 4 different smash scenes.

Full list of people who can house and how many people is TBA, but right now

MRD-~7-~9~11 people
CueDavid-~7 people

More to come later, but you should be good if you act soon.

If you like, there are tons of hotels around as well if you feel better at those.

General Rules

#0-Don't be a jerk
#1-No stealing
#2-Don't trip over hippies
#3-Be respectful of other peoples property and person
#4-Be on time for your matches, let the TO know if you are going for a smoke break or food break.
#5-Coaching allowed between matches, not during
#6-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
HOWEVER
I understand that people play pranks. Joker doesn't know this but on someones wii all of his inputs are set to shield and taunt, so if something like this occurs, I will laugh at you, but your match will be restarted with the understanding that you must change your controls afterwards.
#7--Intentional forfeiting, match fixing and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO. Splitting is a touchy subject, but so long as you play your set out, I don't care what you do with your $ or who you share it with.
#8-All hacks must be approved by the TO, specifically stage/character textures. Music is usually fine but I may request that you turn off some specific songs, and you must oblige.

Pools specific rules

Total Sets(wins+losses)>Total Games(wins+losses)>Head 2 Head

* In the event of a X-way tie in Pools after all tiebreakers are exhausted, a best-of-1 round robin will be played out between the X players until there is a clear order of placings

Melee Rules

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Best of 3 until Winners/Losers/Grand Finals, then it becomes best of 5
* 1 stage ban until best of 5 then no stage bans.
* Wobbling is LEGAL
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, and using Master Hand are banned.
* You May not pick a stage you have already played on unless all players agree.
* In teams matches, ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins G&W Judgement will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Judgement winner will get the last port. If there is a conflict in singles, G&W Judgment will determine who chooses port/stage striking first.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while endlessly grabbing the ledge or flying underneath the stage is.
*In the event pause is left on and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon the TO's judgment, the situation will be resolved. Punishment may range from nothing, a warning, free attack (will be chosen by the TO and will be character specific), loss of stock/match/set or ejection from venue

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Team Attack is turned ON
* If a player is using the character Falco, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Marth or Mario, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

*Any additional disputes will be up to determination by the tournament organizer.

TLDR; 4 stocks, 8 minutes, WF/LF/GF b/o 5, 1 stage ban until b/o 5 then none, Wobbling is LEGAL

Stages

Singles: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshis Island
CP: Pokemon Stadium

Doubles: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshis Island
CP: :Kongo Jungle 64

Project M

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer

* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If the match goes to Sudden Death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* DSR Modified: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* All tournament sets will be best-of-3 except the following, which will be best-of-5: Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

To decide the stage for the first game of the set, stage strike from the Starters stagelist in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

After each game:
1. Winner announces THREE stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

TLDR; 4 stocks, 8 minutes, no buffer, no items, 3 stage bans

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee)

Counterpicks:
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Metal Cavern
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Dracula's Castle

Sm4sh 3DS

there are no official rules, see TLDR;

It is free to the first 32 people to sign up for the tournament (note you must enter at least 1 other event to enter the sm4sh tournament) as an incentive to people to sign up early.

TLDR;

32 MAN BRACKET SINGLE ELIMINATION ALL SETS ARE 2/3 EXCEPT GRAND FINALS 3/5

Winner gets $70 2nd gets $30.
2 stock 6 min, no bans

Starters:
Final destination
Battlefield
Yoshis island brawl

Counterpick:
Lumiose City

Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us, the venue, or any parties involved responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.

Contact MegaRobMan via PM or @ 402-305-5522

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
IT begins again. Need to make a pre-reg page earlier this time. As for Smash 4 on the 3DS I'll check up on it and ask around for ideas to how it will work or wait till Xyro does his tourney and watch him lol.

Last edited:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So with the advent of the 1000 pot bonus, and this tournament being a week after The big house 4, you still plan to keep the tournament a one day event?

I think that sounds good if we start early. Hype!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Updated but way more to come including a big overhaul.

Also I have tried to get rid of those ****ing spoilers for like 20 minutes :(

Camtendo

Based Black Programmer
NNID
Camtendo
3DS FC
3437-3049-5613
Yo, could you link to my Twitter instead of that cheesy FB account I made? I'd be grateful. Apparently I can't post links yet (<10 posts at this point in time), but it's @CommonRockRacer (anagram of my full name)
Also, a special guest streaming team is pretty hype. VGBC confirmed?

Camtendo

Based Black Programmer
NNID
Camtendo
3DS FC
3437-3049-5613
Nevermind. I know who it is. "I'll be doing money matches on stream all day"

Camtendo

Based Black Programmer
NNID
Camtendo
3DS FC
3437-3049-5613
Haha. It still links to FB though. Whatever. I appreciate the effort.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Thread Updated

Here is the Pre-register page. You Must Pre-Register to sign up!

Sethlon and I (And others from TX) would confirm this if Smash 4 had an entry fee.
^^^
Tenwouldlovetocomes
Here's the deal guys

Based on the attendance we are expecting for these games, and we don't want to run doubles sunday.

We just simply don't have enough time to run a full out sm4sh bracket, and we will, instead, be running a free tournament.

It is free to the first 32 people to sign up for the tournament (note you must enter at least 1 other event to enter the sm4sh tournament) as an incentive to people to sign up early.

Payouts are $70 and $30.

HOWEVER, and Denti this ones for you, the week after this, we are having IT HAS BEGUN!!!!
Which is our first ever Sm4sh tournament, and it will have Brawl and 64 at it.
I might even donate some $ personally to that event for brawl and 64.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'm interested if I can get an Oklahoma carpool (that's a ****ty drive to make by oneself) but unfortunately there's a much less interesting local tournament here on the same day that many of my slothful cohorts will probably attend.

what's the melee turn-out expected to look like?

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm thinking of going, it depends on if I can get people from St. Louis interested in traveling with me. I do want to confirm something though - the PM and Melee ruleset state that the only sets to be Bo5 are WF, LF, and GF. This means that WS and LS will not be Bo5, correct? Also will pools be bracket pools or RR pools?

Last edited:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Damn. It would be insanely hype if Texas came for PM! If only this was two days instead of spread out over two weekends. There's a local going on the week of IHB.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm thinking of going, it depends on if I can get people from St. Louis interested in traveling with me. I do want to confirm something though - the PM and Melee ruleset state that the only sets to be Bo5 are WF, LF, and GF. This means that WS and LS will not be Bo5, correct? Also will pools be bracket pools or RR pools?
You are correct about the Bo5 rules.

Also we are still debating that, I want to do pools more bang for your buck, but logistically bracket pools might be the best option. It depends on how many people we get which is why pre-registering and all that jazz is important. We still have a few meetings before we are 100% on the things that haven't been fully fleshed out.

We just want to get everything right so we can have a bigger next time.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm interested if I can get an Oklahoma carpool (that's a ****ty drive to make by oneself) but unfortunately there's a much less interesting local tournament here on the same day that many of my slothful cohorts will probably attend.

what's the melee turn-out expected to look like?
I don't know, we're expecting a ton more people for both events than last time, we have $1100 in pot bonuses and last time we had $300 and people from over 5 hours came. This time North Dakota, Texas, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconson maybe OK as you are saying, tons of far far away regions are coming.

So I would say I don't know. We had 44 people who signed up for melee last time but a lot of people left early.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
@ Sethlon Sethlon @ Denti Denti and other cats from Texas are you guys still interested to come to this cause I really would want to play some PM and Smash 4 with you guys?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
If Smash4 had a full tournament, we would probably show up...but as currently planned, chances are pretty much nil.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
(Major Announcements regarding $1100 pot bonus tournament)

First Off, Roll Tier X4 is THIS SATURDAY. You no longer must pre-register to sign up (Yes, you may now register at the door!!!!!!!!!!!), but the fun starts on Friday with our set up party ran by the Velvet Room, bringing the Smash Chateau to Bellevue.

Friday starting at 7 (possibly earlier) with casuals, money matches on stream and maybe some competition as well. Please bring your TV and Set ups on Friday!

Also Friday is your last chance to be guaranteed a spot in our free single elim. Sm4sh tournament with $70 to 1st and $30 to 2nd. Registration for all events will be open Friday Night as well.

If you are coming from out of state and you haven't pre-registered please let me know asap, or please call me if you are running late, we are going to follow our schedule as much as possible!

If you are local and you can house, please let me know asap.

Also, if you aren't local and need housing, please let me know asap.

Currently we are planning on having people from North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Georgia, "Wherever the hell M2K damn well pleases", with possible people from Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado gracing us in Nebraska, making this possibly the largest gathering of midwest west players in the history of mankind.

-Facebook for rtx4 https://www.facebook.com/events/334665033369521/?ref=29&ref_notif_type=plan_user_joined&source=1

Smashboards for RTX4 http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-...bonus-pm-melee-free-sm4sh-bellevue-ne.363291/

Pre-Register https://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/42457

Last edited:

lovenigma

Smash Rookie
2.5 hours left to pre-register and pay online! Please take a moment to do so. You can still go through the process, but pay in cash on Friday or Saturday.

Thanks~ One of your many TO's

Top Bottom