• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 11, 2014] Peppy's "Wright in the Palm of your Hand" Event - Smash 3DS! (Centerville, OH)

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Peppy's "Wright in the Palm of your Hand" Event
Smash 3DS Tournament!

Facebook link:

1. Location
2. Date/Time
3. Fees
4. Rules
5. My Contact Info

1. Location

Epic Loot Video Games

9166 Dayton Lebanon Pike

Centerville, OH 45458

We'll be having this cute event in Epic Loot Video Games, which is just a few doors down from Epic Loot Games and Comics, the venue we use for the Dayton Monthlies. It's not hard to find. It has a LAN center in the back for any of your PC gaming needs, and ample space to hold a tournament for our brand new Smash 3DS :)

Food: The venue is located near numerous major food chains and other places to eat, including being within walking distance of Pizza Hut, Subway, Skyline Chili, Hot Head Burritos, China Dynasty, Dairy Queen, Starbucks, and Sinfully Gluten-Free. If you're willing to drive a few minutes... honestly, the area is so packed with meal choices that it would be ridiculous for me to list all of them.

2. Date/Time
The tournament will be held on: October 11th, 2014

Tentative Schedule:

12:00 PM - Registration is Open!
2:00 PM - Registration for Smash 3DS Doubles is Closed
2:30 PM - Smash 3DS Doubles Begins
4:00 PM - Registration for Smash 3DS Singles is Closed
4:30 PM - Smash 3DS Singles Begins
12:00 AM - Venue Closes

3. Fees

Venue Fee: $5
Singles: $10
Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)

Payout <30 Entrants:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Payouts are subject to change if more than 30 players enter any given bracket (unlikely for now).

4. Rules

Okay, here's the scoop on rules:

3 stock, 8 minute time limit
Sets are played Best 2 out of 3
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Pausing the game in the middle of a match results in a forfeiture of your current stock
Infinites and Chaingrabs are legal
Stalling, which we'll define as continuing infinites past 300%, is banned.
Knowingly enabling glitches which make the game unplayable is not allowed. TO's discretion.
Coaching during matches is prohibited; coaching between matches, in the middle of a set, is allowed.
Players are to attend their matches when called.
For doubles, team attack is set to "On."
Custom moves are allowed.

STAGE LIST:

STARTERS
Final Destination (Default)
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lumiose City
Tomodachi Life

COUNTER PICK
Final Destination (All Omega Forms)
Brinstar
Arena Pherox
Mute City (3DS/WiiU)
Jungle Japes

Regarding stages: Stage striking at the beginning of the set will be 1-2-1 format. Stages can (and likely will) be added and/or taken away from the stage list prior to the tournament. Each player gets one ban. If you ban Final Destination, you ban all forms, including the Default form.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN 3DS AND COPY OF THE GAME! THANK YOU!

General Rules: Please be courteous to venue staff and to the venue itself.
Have fun and don't be a douche.

TO's word is final.

5. Contact Info

In case you need to get a hold of me for emergency reasons, my cell # is 937-750-3180.
For non-emergency purposes, PM me here on Smashboards or email me at camprice.2@gmail.com
If you live in the Greater Dayton Area and play Smash Bros., PM me right away so I can add you to the Dayton FB group.

See you all very soon!

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
You should specify whether or not equipment is banned, also stage striking should read 1-2-2-1, not 1-2-1

Kidbuu42

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidbuu42
Definitely thinking about going. What kind of tournament structure? Double elimination and round robin pools? What kind of turnout do the monthlies get?

TheElement116

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3668-8798-7699
I dunno bout you, but to me 1-2-2-1 means each player bans 2 stages
1-2-2-1 is the first person bans 1 stage, the second will ban 2 stages then the first will ban 2 and the second will finally ban 1, but there aren't enough stages for that.

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
1-2-2-1 is the first person bans 1 stage, the second will ban 2 stages then the first will ban 2 and the second will finally ban 1, but there aren't enough stages for that.
When talking about Project M, that is true. But in the case of melee, the numbers refer the the players, not the amount of bans

TheElement116

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3668-8798-7699
Will this be another monthly tournament? I won't be able to make it to this one but if there's a 3DS tourney next month I should be able to make it.

Top Bottom