• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC3 - STAFF - Discussion

manacloud1

Smash Champion
THIS THREAD IS MAINLY used for staff members of OC3 to discuss matters when the staff cannot reach each other outside of the tournament. To post updates etc so each staff member knows what's going on.

Current Staff: Hoang family, arash,pha, aznlep, caotic, and rickety (more soon).

OC3 - Website ( in progress )

OC3 - Venue ( in progress )

OC3 - Date ( N/a)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OC3 - Information -

Every year my family and I hope to bring one of the largest tournaments to so cal this year. This year 07, we are stepping it up to bring over the top players from japan once again, including masashi and bombsoldier two of their greats. Possibly thunders and fumi, as most of you dont know Japanese players are rather busy and if they get the time off we jump to the opportunity to get them to come.

Japanese players are very poor and they are in need of donations.
Current players asking for help:
Bombsoldier/ Disc san
Shu
Hiko

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Staff Updates ( to be added ) :
------------
Note-
This thread isn't meant for non - staff members to just randomly spam or discuss other matters. There are other threads for that. If spam or nonsense occurs in this thread. A mod will be informed. Like I posted above this is mainly for staff members to get in reach for each other.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
yes, If I see one ounce of freaking spam, having it be

"champ likes it in the butt" , "knives talking about how he likes men or any matter of gayness"
"JTB running his mouth on saying he agrees or doesn't agree"
Araknophob and NeighborhoodP jumping into a thread where they don't belong and posting like they know whats going on

then I'm going to be giving out warnings like candy. I'm dead serious.. Not like I'm already stressed out from school work, I'd like to hear what the 0C3 staff has to say without going through pages and pages of spam.

It doesn't matter who does it, even if it was "ARASH, Manacloud, KIRA or even me" I'm not going to play favorites here

this is a thread to inform each other of what's going on if other staff members are currently out of reach and to keep up to date. Such a big tournament such as 0C3 will need something like this...

once again Dead serious.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I have a question for Mike. Like a week ago you asked me if I would serve as the Midwest OC3 representative for promoting the event here and fund raising to get our best players to OC3. I accepted, and my question is were there people selected from other regions in the US? Because while I'm starting preliminary action to get certain players to this tournament (as of right now, mainly Darkrain), I'm having a little difficulty coming up with ideas or ways to promote this. Last year I just got on the hub and spammed OC2 things like crazy, saying it was going to be the best and all that. This year I think I'd like to take a more effective approach. I'd like to know who else is helping with promotions and fund-raising from other reasons. Thanks.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
mike, how much are you looking at when it comes to a venue? theres quite a few here and they all vary. i already have an idea on cheap housing also, it just depends on how much the turnout is... + the place im looking at is right by the beach. this venue offers free security also. PM me ASAP.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Do we have a general quota on donations/funds we need for the venue, airfare for japanese, maintenance costs? Or is everything still TBA?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

these are good questions to bring up. Zivlyn i want to talk with you directly on aim. Your job isnt only to bring over the midwest players but raise funds as well for oc3.

bones i think ricketys got the venue set. As for housing i think we need to work something out with San diego smashers and see what we can do.

fatboi - everything is in the process still, once the venue is set things will start rolling foward.

As for donations no oc3 needs more donations, i am trying to gather those right now.

hopefully more people will support oc3 in donations.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
just to say, if we were to actually raise money right now, bombsoldier said he would go if we could raise enough money for him and his bro. That'll be a total of $2000, as of now we have 0. However I have a feeling it will drastically change in the next few months since we have such an awesome smash community

Edit: also if you are helping to raise money for 0c3, you may post in this thread and stated how much you've raised and what you want the money to go towards.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I will be donating one hundred to begin with. Possibly more as time passes. You can expect it in the next couple of days. See you guys at UCLA. Sucks that you got banned Mana. :(

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

I will be donating one hundred to begin with. Possibly more as time passes. You can expect it in the next couple of days. See you guys at UCLA. Sucks that you got banned Mana. :(
funny thing was nobody was banned from oc3 to began with. Some how the host aesis thought it was a good idea to start crap. Oh well, i wasnt going to attend anyways, but i like the method of "Lex talionis".

Delphiki, your the representative for norcal, and im glad youve already raised some funds. Hopefully we will see more from all the other regions ive setup.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
From what I know, The "Super Champ Combo" tournament is the West Coast event that will be sponsored by MLG.

Are you guys planning to have the OC3 sponsored by MLG as well or are you just going to make it an independent West Coast tournament? And if you are trying to appeal to MLG, will you guys make schedule adjustments to make sure that both events get as many attendees as possible?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
furthermore, who ever's going to be staff, we will have 3-5 mandatory staff meetings and you must come to atleast 3 so we can plan out the event meaning

1)specific times things start so we don't fall behind

2)housing

3) airport pick ups

4) food

5)Tv's + cubes

6)who's incharge of what

7)questions that may come up

8) whatever else needs to be discussed

$BONE$

Smash Ace
wheres the venue going to be? the sooner i find out the easier it will be for me to make accomidations for driving people to and from. saying that im still in on that.

on another note, i know i've stressed it before and you told me that it would be very hard and awkward for you but, if you could get Mikael to make it to OC3... i would still be willing to pay for his whole entire trip and i'd do everything i can to make it fun for him. i was already told he didnt like america.. but this is money, food and very nice people along with housing for him if you can get him to come.

vietgamer1021

Smash Journeyman
San Diego, California (being bored, so I'm going t
if i could have the venues location, then i may be able to go and possibly house people (ill house bombsoldier and disc please XD)

but as of now, is there a month (specific date would be best, but we dont have it yet) approximation for OC3? since its during the summer, i get out of school and then we can hold tournaments everywhere and we can donate money to OC3 funding. maybe withdraw some money off nexus and other tourneys?

are TVs and cubes going to be stored prior to oc3?

to Rickety: we should take out some money for OC3 funding

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
if i could have the venues location, then i may be able to go and possibly house people (ill house bombsoldier and disc please XD)

but as of now, is there a month (specific date would be best, but we dont have it yet) approximation for OC3? since its during the summer, i get out of school and then we can hold tournaments everywhere and we can donate money to OC3 funding. maybe withdraw some money off nexus and other tourneys?

are TVs and cubes going to be stored prior to oc3?

to Rickety: we should take out some money for OC3 funding
All of the info should be in here. ;)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

i cant access the link, but its probably cuz of the librarys crappy comp

but hosting tourneys over the summer prior to oc3 can help pay for it

ill edit this post when i read the thread
your telling me, nobody in so cal so far has actually really step it up to help donate anything to oc3. So if we get more help great.
Rickety is staff so the money he collects isnt from san diegos help either, im talking funds directly from people out of their own will to help.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
1st 0c3 staff meeting will be May 5th "after the biweekly"

we will need to round up some Tv's, Cube's, Chair's Table's ETC.

Further we will need to discuss $$$, donations and people who are willing to house people before the event ( since some people want to be taken around)

Top Bottom