• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oc-3 Tournament Housing Before And After The Event Thread

manacloud1

Smash Champion
This forum is getting filled up people posting messages asking for oc3 housing, instead lets just forget individual post and post in here if you really need help with housing prior to the event. Hopefully people in so cal will respond and offer help to those flying from distant countries and who really need help.

This thread is the official tournament housing thread for people who are flying into oc3 who need housing. Just post in this thread and others will reply to you who want to help.

Current list of people who need help ---------- people helping
-------------------------------------

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Before OC

We need housing from the 17th - 20th

After OC

Doraki

Smash Lord
I'm flying in on the 18th and staying till EVO West.
I've seen Rickety say he could house people who do that, though I've not seen anything from him since...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Just for flying? What about by train, bus, hitch hiking, and/or dogsled?

DRGN

Technowizard
this is Delphiki on DRGN's account

I'll probably be flying in Thursday or Friday night, and leaving Monday morning. If I can't be housed at the venue for that whole time I'll need housing and a ride to the airport on Monday.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

so far we got people posting that they need help but nobody from so cal stepping it up to help them, wow. Looks like everyones going to have to get their own motels, so cal doesnt want to help.

Jadin Xquire

Smash Cadet
i will be at long beach airport thursday 19th. and will need to be at long beach airport leaving Monday 23rd. I really need housing please. Who do I report to to pick me up? will give gas money as consideration.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
for pickups, we'll pick you up, just make sure to post your info on the flight registration page, located in the OC3 tournament discussion thread

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
so far we got people posting that they need help but nobody from so cal stepping it up to help them, wow. Looks like everyones going to have to get their own motels, so cal doesnt want to help.
Wow, will you stop trying to guilt trip us? All you do is say 'Socal doesn't want to help house people', when you don't even know that. I would be happy to house people, but unfortunately for me, I live at home with my family, and housing isn't a viable option for me. And I'm sure there are alot of other people in the same situation.

Hell, if I had my own apartment, I would be happy to house as many smashers as I could. But I don't, so does that automatically make me not wanting to help other smashers out?

Rickety

Peace and Love
I was going to make a San Diego Thread for those willing to house in between the time OC3 and Evo West. Do you think I should still make one?

Anyways, I will be able to house 2 people for the entire time between OC3 and Evo West, and I think it might be PC and milktea, but I'm still not sure what their status is.

<3
rickety

romeo619

Smash Ace
Wow, will you stop trying to guilt trip us? All you do is say 'Socal doesn't want to help house people', when you don't even know that. I would be happy to house people, but unfortunately for me, I live at home with my family, and housing isn't a viable option for me. And I'm sure there are alot of other people in the same situation.

Hell, if I had my own apartment, I would be happy to house as many smashers as I could. But I don't, so does that automatically make me not wanting to help other smashers out?
not to mention he posted this thread less than a day ago...

Eggz

Smash Hero
Sorry Mana but I'm kinda with Jake. I really do wish I could help!! and I'm sure a lot of us just CANT..
Sorry guy, but I'm kinda with Mana doing what he can to get So Cal to step it up. I'd rather be housed by someone guilted into it then have to pay for a motel.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
me and 2 others (hydrokirby / kex) will need housing from the 22nd to the 26th. we will also be needing a ride from wherever you live to evo west (SD). so if anyone's willing to house me and 2 others and is going to evo west, please let us know! we will take whatever we can get, so if its just one or two days we will appreciate it x_x.

and rickety, please make that thread xD

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
Alaska (Lunaris, TheCatPhysician, and myself) is driving to this from FC. We'd like housing from the 18th to the 20th. At least if someone could get us housing housing on the 19th, that would be really great.

We're also thinking about staying for Evo West, but realize that housing for it is very unlikely

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=106750 thread that explains what we're doing

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

guilt trip? so cals a huge place and im sure if any so cal guys flew to another state to play at a tournament, someone would help with housing. The truth is simple if people arent willing to house they dont have too. Hell i dont even have to reply to offer help with housing, but dont you see people need it? I could let all these smashers find their own methods if i wanted because as a host ive already done my part with offering housing at the venue. This is not a guilt trip this is the truth, so cal has lots of players attending the event. Nobody has stepped foward to offer housing because they have personal issues and thats fine. However there are a lot of people who can offer housing and do not want too and im talking about those guys. If you cant offer housing you cant, and i dont care if you want to either because thats no sweat off my back jake your doing these smashers a favor and not me.

I thought it would a nice gesture to finally make a thread where so cal smashers can actually come foward to help and still I get no replies to offer help. Which means only one thing out of all the 300 smashers in so cal nobody wants to help because they all cant.

To all the smashers who need housing before and after oc3 sorry I cannot help with housing, because so cal doesnt have my back on this, they have personal issues with me. Ive done my best. Keep asking hopefully someone will help all of you.

also romeo619, do you realize that smashers have been asking for weeks ahead in advance? I made this thread so there are less threads like "help for oc3 housing before and after the event," then guys who want to offer housing have to go through each one just to check pages to see whats up. It is easier to see people who need help post in this thread and have people come here all at once to offer housing instead of going through each individual thread seeing who wants it or who needs it because maybe those guys already found housing. I made this thread maybe a day ago but the people have been responding weeks in advance.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I don't mind housing people, but I don't live close to either EVO or OC3 and I'm not going to either, and I can't provide a ride, so I should be a desperation option.

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
well i just found out i need housing bcuz my ride kinda bailed on me so i have a way there but no way home so if sumone culd house me that wuld be awsome xPP my s/n is akinarybitotze if u wanna contact me for like questioning or sumthing but yea if u culd house me id greatly appreciate it xPPP

i live in westminster a street away from ken if ur wonderin for any reason ..... o.o ^_^ i hope sumone is willing to house me xPPP

manacloud1

Smash Champion

well i just found out i need housing bcuz my ride kinda bailed on me so i have a way there but no way home so if sumone culd house me that wuld be awsome xPP my s/n is akinarybitotze if u wanna contact me for like questioning or sumthing but yea if u culd house me id greatly appreciate it xPPP

i live in westminster a street away from ken if ur wonderin for any reason ..... o.o ^_^ i hope sumone is willing to house me xPPP
if you live in california then you have the benefit compared to all these other guys who do not and really need housing more than you do. This thread is mainly for guys who are flying , driving, or training in who need housing. You are suppose to be helping people since you are from here, not ask for help ........ Plus u live near me meaning the venue is only 45 minutes away and there is no way u can ask for other rides from people you know?

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
no one i kno is going and srry bout that xPP my bad hmm i guess ima have to find sumway then **** xPP srry again

DRGN

Technowizard
Will the venue cover housing if I'm arriving Thursday and leaving Monday? Also, would someone be so kind as to drop me off at the airport on Monday? ^_^

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Myself and RastaImposta are flying in Thursday night, and leaving Monday morning. I myself would like to stay the week and attend EVO as well, but I understand if no one is able to.

For those who could help, I will provide gas money and several sarcastic one-liners throughout the course of my stay. Thank you.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
T!mmy, my crew (most notable Connor AKA Marth/Falco Pro) will be able to house you before and after 0c3 as long as you show us your Kirby pwning skills! Since it's around the 0c3 weekend, there's gonna be a bunch of STDs and smashfests, so food money will be split between all of us. :D

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
T!mmy, my crew (most notable Connor AKA Marth/Falco Pro) will be able to house you before and after 0c3 as long as you show us your Kirby pwning skills! Since it's around the 0c3 weekend, there's gonna be a bunch of STDs and smashfests, so food money will be split between all of us. :D
I guess if nobody replied to my housing offers than I'll house you T!mmy. It's only if you want to Timmy. I also need to be able to trust you not to steal anything. If I'm going to be housing you, we're gonna have to go over some ground rules before this :) Don't worry, I'm just a kid, I won't bite.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I was going to make a San Diego Thread for those willing to house in between the time OC3 and Evo West. Do you think I should still make one?

Anyways, I will be able to house 2 people for the entire time between OC3 and Evo West, and I think it might be PC and milktea, but I'm still not sure what their status is.

<3
rickety
Actually, I'm housing PC and Milktea immediately after OC3 for 2-3 days, then he's gonna stay with you before Evo. This was the plan unless he changed his mind. In which case he would definitely need to tell me so I can plan it all out.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Actually, I'm housing PC and Milktea immediately after OC3 for 2-3 days, then he's gonna stay with you before Evo. This was the plan unless he changed his mind. In which case he would definitely need to tell me so I can plan it all out.
Sounds good! :]

When am I gonna get to play with you again? :] :] :]

<3

rick(ety)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Rickety, maybe if things turn out that we're staying for EVO would there be a chance me n' t!mmy could house with you?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Anyone else arriving in Anaheim before OC should PM me so we can coordinate some sort of big motel-staying-at shenanigans.

DJ Combo, Silent Wolf and I +...everyone arriving early? Ftw/cost efficiency? Awww yeah.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm down to split motel costs with anyone... It's just two of us coming in Thursday night. I guess we'll hang at the venue during the tourney, and after that my friend is going home Monday, but I wanted to stay and attend EVO as well.

I don't know how much motels run in California, but I'm sure I could only be able to hold one for a few days unless someone wanted to split costs/could possibly house me.

I know I've already posted a few times, but I really wanted to go to this and EVO, but it looks like its not going down...

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

at this rate with oc3 in 3 weeks i think its best the people who are flying in earlier rent out a motel nearby the venue, the ones listed by arash or ken which can be found in the oc3 thread.

unless more people in so cal who are also attending the event offer housing for you guys your options are running slim. Post contacts and everyone meet up at a motel and pay your part, and everything will work out. Then we can move on to more further important stuff like oc3 and the tournament itself.

also i think motels here run about 40 to 60 dollars a day, im not too sure though maybe its more.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Should we make Motel reservations or would we probably be fine just getting one when we got there, don't know if thats a dumb question because the amount of times ive slept in a motel is minimal and i didnt usually book/pay for it when i did xD.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Should we make Motel reservations or would we probably be fine just getting one when we got there, don't know if thats a dumb question because the amount of times ive slept in a motel is minimal and i didnt usually book/pay for it when i did xD.
i would make a reservation just incase. You know know its summer and lots of people travel and rent out motels i think. Lets look at possible outcomes.

The worst case scenario is if you came and got no place to go and sleep. You are on the streets basically.

The best out come is if u reserved a motel and came and stayed there then if someone else flys in or has arrangements you can always bring a laptop talk to them online on the following days and they can share the place with you by helping you pay for it.

posting phone numbers right now in this thread for contacts is also wise. Oc3 is just weeks away. If you dont plan now you are fked.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm going to make reservations for a room very soon... Probably Saturday or Sunday evening, depending on my work schedule. If anyone is interested in sharing costs for this, please contact me via PM soon.

In case no one's been paying attention, the tournament will only provide housing for the actual days of the event, so that means anyone coming in Thursday is probably screwed if they don't make some kind of plans for that night until the tourney.

With that being said, will OC3 staff be providing transportation to the venue? Looks like we'll only be needing the room Thursday night, and can sleep over in the venue for the duration of the tournament itself, so we would only need help on Friday morning. Would this be possible?

One more thing, Team Hawaii, where are y'all staying at? I'd like to get some matches in with you guys if you're renting something close to the venue. Just hit me up with a PM or something...

Top Bottom