• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O D I N's Signature Shoppe: Round "I've lost track of what number I'm on"

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
And avatar would be cool too if you have tie time.
Oops.

Hey, I know you might not like this one, but I was wondering if you could make a signature with various characters.

If possible, I would like to have a signature with the following characters from left to right (also with their alts in the pictures)
Wario
Ness
Dr. Mario
Villager (if there's not enough room you can leave Villager out)

Here's the thing I'm worried about. I'd like the background to have dark greenish flames with a sort of dark/realistic vibe like in SpectreJordan's (though not as dark/realistic). The thing is I'm not sure how it'll turn out, so if you think it looks really bad, you can choose a background that you think would look better. Also if possible I'd like for there to be enough room for 1 small line of text (like in yours), as well as my name in the bottom right corner (though not too big). Thanks in advance (and sorry for being too specific).

P.S. I'd also like the picture of the Villager (or Ness) from the sig as my icon.

I can do a non gif version too. I don't know why it looks like crap. :/

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

I can do a non gif version too. I don't know why it looks like crap. :/

A non gif version would be good, though it still looks great. Thanks!

EDIT: For some reason when I paste it into my signature it keeps disappearing.

Last edited:

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Hello! I think all your sigs are very impressive. Could you make me one too?

Image:
Similar to Sari's, I'd like a sig with the following character alts from left to right...
http://i.imgur.com/s4HUS34.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lGJ9uGa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Atu3wAK.jpg (if you could, please flip R.O.B. horizontally so he is looking in the opposite direction)
Size: I'm not sure; whatever you think would be best. Probably the same height as Sari's but less wide because there are only three characters instead of four.
Colors: Could you make the background incorporate M&M's somehow? Just go nuts, preferably with an image like this, but zoomed out.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Plain-M&Ms-Pile.jpg
Text: "M&Mavocado" in the center above or below Captain Falcon. But a corner works too.

Thank you so much! I'm sure it will be awesome!

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
A non gif version would be good, though it still looks great. Thanks!

EDIT: For some reason when I paste it into my signature it keeps disappearing.

DieHose, I didn't notice your post, since the page rolled over for me. I gotcha next.

Kids, I wanna explain something so that you guys can understand where I'm coming from.

In art, photography, and even sig making, there is a common rule known as The Rule of Thirds.

This suggests that an image (photo) can be divided into 9 parts, and still appear visually appealing, and not distracting. Along with this rule (in sig making) there is something referred to as flow.

This is the workspace that I work in (usually. It's 450x160). You can see the area is divided into 9 sections.

This is a sig that I did for someone on another forum (Yes. I go to forums that aren't smashboards. Get over it. :p). You can see this follows the rule of thirds. Nothing jagged, nothing disruptive. There is a sense of some flow, but it's not incredibly strong in this image. Didn't fit the 'theme'. The focus is Legion, and the name isn't disrupting the image. It is in it's own separate focus, as it were.

Here is a bad example of the thirds rule. There is no clear focus, and the text can't decide where it wants to be. Starlord is front and center, but everything else around him is distracting.

The point I'm making with all of this, is that signatures with multiple characters are not going to look as good as any other signature I can do. If you really want one with lots of characters, understand that you're not going to get the best quality of work.

Last edited:

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
I think my signature is fantastic. Thank you so much! I couldn't imagine it being any better than this. Great work!

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Really amazing work, I've been thinking about requesting a signature for quite a while now.

Can you flip robin so she is facing left?
Like M&M's can mine have Bowser Jr. in the front with the other two to the left/right behind him?

I honestly don't know for the background, could I leave it to artists choice?

Size:
420 x 126

Text: Just "FloatingMew" (No quotes please)
Avatar: Please. If Floatingmew cant fit in the avatar could it just say Mew?

Thanks so much ^-^

Last edited:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Really amazing work, I've been thinking about requesting a signature for quite a while now.

Like M&M's can mine have Bowser Jr. in the front with the other two to the left/right behind him?

Size:
420 x 126

Thanks so much ^-^

Assuming you read my previous post (rule of thirds), hope you know what you're getting.

Anyway! For the avatar, is there one character you want more than the other? If you want all three, I think I have a way I could make it work. At least my idea, anyway.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Assuming you read my previous post (rule of thirds), hope you know what you're getting.

Anyway! For the avatar, is there one character you want more than the other? If you want all three, I think I have a way I could make it work. At least my idea, anyway.
I read the last post. For the avatar, I would prefer Junior please.

If you think it would be better quality, I would prefer you just do Junior and Robin. Thanks

DieHose

Smash Rookie
. . .
. . .
Wow.

My englisch isn't the best, but let me tell you, that i was really stunned about the signature and am till now ;)
It has a kind of epic feeling and it's exactly what i thought: white, the sniper (not highlighted!) and my Name just icecold written in these letters. Just wow.

But the Avatar isn't my tase (can u say that this way in englisch?), because you can hardly see what there is (maybe just a black frame around the character, just for the avatar?)

I really appreciate your work! I see how you done cute avatars, dark ones or, like i feel about "min" now, epic ones ;D

When i see this, i would really like to have an artistic talent like you :)

Great work!

Thank a lot, Odin!

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So is this where I can get help with Signatures ? Any who I have been looking for this and need help with getting a signature with these 6 With the render art of the Smash 4 official render of these characters :4ness::4tlink::4shulk: and these renders for these 3 :lucas::wolf::popo:

Similar to this:

If you could do this for me I would be very grateful :') With there names on each of course :)

Last edited:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

But the Avatar isn't my tase (can u say that this way in englisch?), because you can hardly see what there is (maybe just a black frame around the character, just for the avatar?)

The word you're looking for is 'taste'. ;)

Sure, I'll redo the avatar for you when I get a chance.

So is this where I can get help with Signatures ? Any who I have been looking for this and need help with getting a signature with these 6 With the render art of the Smash 4 official render of these characters :4ness::4tlink::4shulk: and these renders for these 3 :lucas::wolf::popo:

Similar to this:

If you could do this for me I would be very grateful :') With there names on each of course :)

Your first two images are broken.

Could you try reuploading all of your images to www.imgur.com, and then post those links?

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
The word you're looking for is 'taste'. ;)

Sure, I'll redo the avatar for you when I get a chance.

Your first two images are broken.

Could you try reuploading all of your images to www.imgur.com, and then post those links?
Oh the Wolf and Lucas are from Smash 3 Project
Here are the links :)
Lucas: https://imgur.com/a/cMgeF#1
Wolf:https://imgur.com/a/yQ0Yp#1
and why not here's Mewtwo:https://imgur.com/a/uHrnn#2#
Seeing how I support him too :)
And of course Shulk, Ness and Toon Link are easy to access hope this helps :)

Last edited:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I don't mean
I read the last post. For the avatar, I would prefer Junior please.

If you think it would be better quality, I would prefer you just do Junior and Robin. Thanks
@ O D I N O D I N

I mean junior and robin on the signature itself not the avatar.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
It's really really great to see you still doing amazing work ODIN. You may or may not remember me, but I just to frequent the art section a lot. Glad to see you are still doing great work :) Sorry for the useless post D:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
. . .
. . .
Wow.

My englisch isn't the best, but let me tell you, that i was really stunned about the signature and am till now ;)
It has a kind of epic feeling and it's exactly what i thought: white, the sniper (not highlighted!) and my Name just icecold written in these letters. Just wow.

I really appreciate your work! I see how you done cute avatars, dark ones or, like i feel about "min" now, epic ones ;D

When i see this, i would really like to have an artistic talent like you :)

Great work!

Thank a lot, Odin!

Better?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Size:
420 x 126

Thanks so much ^-^

Hey O D I N First quick question How's the signature coming along
and 2nd what did you think of the Direct are you Hyped :D
ಠ_ಠ

7.) Be patient. Shop artists have lives outside of SWF. Respect their privacy and their space. Make your request, be polite, and you will most likely be added to their running lists of clients.
I don't like being pestered. It will get done when it's done.

http://smashboards.com/threads/read-this-before-requesting-a-sig.173808/

The Direct was good.

Last edited:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I've tried working on this every which direction from Sunday. Pick 3 to 4 characters. The amount you have is too crowded. You'd be better off just pasting them into an image in paint. It would look the same.

Please. 3 or 4. Less would be even better.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hello lad ! I have to say, your signatures and avatars are just excellent ! I kinda want to have one to, so here's my request.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/dE4M1Cy.png and http://i.imgur.com/MLowUUL.jpg
Theme: Well the main theme is simple : having the signature that looks like an old movie from the twenties .The first image (Charlie Chaplin) needs on the left side of the signature, while the second image (hat and canne) needs to be on the right side. The second image is in the background, fading behind, while the first image needs to be on the foreground.
Size: The basic one, 420x126.
Colors: Obviously, it's gray, white and black, just like the Chaplin image. It's really simple. Remember, the signature must look like an old movie from the twenties.
Text: This quote from Charlie Chaplin : "My pain may be the reason for somebody's laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody's pain." .
Avatar: Yes sir, just the Chaplin with my nickname down on the right corner.

I hope it's not too complicated. Take your time, time gives quality and satisfaction to your work.
Have a nice day !

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
.......My Goodness this..... I am honestly speechless I can't put into words how Awesome this is :'D
The arrangement, the Smash Logo, their names, Everything about it is purely awesome :')
Thank you O D I N Thank oh so much this was well worth the wait you did a fantastic job :)
Following you now, so I can keep up to-date on your fantabulous work :D

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
.......My Goodness this..... I am honestly speechless I can't put into words how Awesome this is :'D
The arrangement, the Smash Logo, their names, Everything about it is purely awesome :')
Thank you O D I N Thank oh so much this was well worth the wait you did a fantastic job :)
Following you now, so I can keep up to-date on your fantabulous work :D

Glad we got it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hello lad ! I have to say, your signatures and avatars are just excellent ! I kinda want to have one to, so here's my request.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/dE4M1Cy.png and http://i.imgur.com/MLowUUL.jpg
Theme: Well the main theme is simple : having the signature that looks like an old movie from the twenties .The first image (Charlie Chaplin) needs on the left side of the signature, while the second image (hat and canne) needs to be on the right side. The second image is in the background, fading behind, while the first image needs to be on the foreground.
Size: The basic one, 420x126.
Colors: Obviously, it's gray, white and black, just like the Chaplin image. It's really simple. Remember, the signature must look like an old movie from the twenties.
Text: This quote from Charlie Chaplin : "My pain may be the reason for somebody's laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody's pain." .
Avatar: Yes sir, just the Chaplin with my nickname down on the right corner.

I hope it's not too complicated. Take your time, time gives quality and satisfaction to your work.
Have a nice day !

Had to go with a larger size since it would have been too crunched up.

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
Hey! I absolutely love the signatures you're making! Could I request one for myself?

Size: Just the standard 420 x 160 is good for me.

Image:
Lucina: http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/5/55/Lucina_SSB4.png
Robin: http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/a/a8/Robin_Male_SSB4.png
My idea is that Lucina and Robin have their backs together in the middle of the banner, with Lucina facing the right and Robin to the left. Could you also make it look like the blades of their swords shine a little like they're lighting up?

For the background, on Lucina's side there are blue flames/effects, and Robin's side is purple.
This is kind what I had in mind: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b1/74/63/b17463d01891bd2381ee329e3bbb9a34.jpg
Except that Robin's side would be purple instead of orange.The flames are just a general idea that came to my mind, if you have any other idea for an abstract blue/purple background that would be great as well.

Colors: Basically Lucina's side has a blue/black color scheme, and Robin's has a purplish scheme. I would like to see a darker blue used though, closer to how Lucina's clothes look.

Text: No text needed.

Avatar: Yes Please :D and could you make it focus it on Lucina?

Top Bottom