• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NyaseNya was right and everyone else was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Glad to see this thread getting so much support. I doubt NyaseNya will bother leaking anything else to the ungrateful masses (I know I'm not going to again). I just hope he/she didn't get caught.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Jesus, some people are really getting worked over some very minor things. I've seen people get angry about a lot of things, but none of them. I repeat, none of them, have been as stupid as the things I've seen people get angry about here. If I'm reading right, people (including the OP) are mad because other people were mad, two months ago, about predictions that someone who hasn't even posted in this thread made.

First of all, leakers don't provide a necessary service. You will know what the roster is sooner or later. You do not need to know it sooner, and thus there is no reason to be grateful for someone who reveals it to you beforehand. So calling people ungrateful for the leakers is rediculously overinflating the importance of leakers. In fact, it's very spoiled.

Second of all, people were mad at Sakurai himself for the roster, let alone the people who turned out to be leakers. The only difference is that there was absolutely no reason to believe NyaseNya. Yes, she got something right, but so did almightygoat. In a world where you believe who you want to believe, would you believe the person that tells you Wolf is in, or the one that tells you Krystal is in, especially if Krystal made more sense to you? Thus, Nyase took on a stigma here as a troll and a rumormill. Yes, the response to her was immature, but you don't need to cuss and spit at people for it.

What I ultimately take issue with is that you people who are mad in this thread were right. You believed NyaseNya, and she turned out to really be a leaker. So why in God's green Earth are you angry? Even while people who acted like tools during the ordeal are apologizing, you're spewing vitriol right onto their computer screens. Why? Is it because you think she was hurt? She knew she was right, but if she was leaking, she probably expected backlash, as anyone who's leaked information should, and she could have just laughed at those who didn't believe her. I see no reason to think she was hurt by the ordeal. Is it because you think we won't have Nyase around next time? Stop being spoiled; you don't need her. Grow up.

Now, before you flame me (which you will, because you're spoiled children, apparently), note that I was quite uninvolved with the whole thing. I didn't even know Nyase had made a whole big prediction post until long after the fact. When I finally did see Nyase's info, I lent her more credence than any other leaker. In child-speak, for you people, I believed her. So don't assume I'm just lashing out at you because I feel wronged. I'm telling you to grow up. Because you really need to.

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
Jesus, some people are really getting worked over some very minor things. I've seen people get angry about a lot of things, but none of them. I repeat, none of them, have been as stupid as the things I've seen people get angry about here. If I'm reading right, people (including the OP) are mad because other people were mad, two months ago, about predictions that someone who hasn't even posted in this thread made.

First of all, leakers don't provide a necessary service. You will know what the roster is sooner or later. You do not need to know it sooner, and thus there is no reason to be grateful for someone who reveals it to you beforehand. So calling people ungrateful for the leakers is rediculously overinflating the importance of leakers. In fact, it's very spoiled.

Second of all, people were mad at Sakurai himself for the roster, let alone the people who turned out to be leakers. The only difference is that there was absolutely no reason to believe NyaseNya. Yes, she got something right, but so did almightygoat. In a world where you believe who you want to believe, would you believe the person that tells you Wolf is in, or the one that tells you Krystal is in, especially if Krystal made more sense to you? Thus, Nyase took on a stigma here as a troll and a rumormill. Yes, the response to her was immature, but you don't need to cuss and spit at people for it.

What I ultimately take issue with is that you people who are mad in this thread were right. You believed NyaseNya, and she turned out to really be a leaker. So why in God's green Earth are you angry? Even while people who acted like tools during the ordeal are apologizing, you're spewing vitriol right onto their computer screens. Why? Is it because you think she was hurt? She knew she was right, but if she was leaking, she probably expected backlash, as anyone who's leaked information should, and she could have just laughed at those who didn't believe her. I see no reason to think she was hurt by the ordeal. Is it because you think we won't have Nyase around next time? Stop being spoiled; you don't need her. Grow up.

Now, before you flame me (which you will, because you're spoiled children, apparently), note that I was quite uninvolved with the whole thing. I didn't even know Nyase had made a whole big prediction post until long after the fact. When I finally did see Nyase's info, I lent her more credence than any other leaker. In child-speak, for you people, I believed her. So don't assume I'm just lashing out at you because I feel wronged. I'm telling you to grow up. Because you really need to.

Oh god, will you get off your high horse. A previous post already pointed out that it wasn't people just not believing her, as that is fine, everyone can take a side. It was just the pure venom in which she was treated, go to the thread linked to from a previous poster, check the threads.

And I find it downright outrageous that you call the person who is making a valid point here spoilt! How dare you? If anything it's those who were so harsh on her for no good reason. And no I didn't believe her, but I didn't ridicule her either. Now the mature people here would surely just eat crow as they rightly should, and the others, well I'll just expect more "Oh I don't care, the roster is out now" posts.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
And I find it downright outrageous that you call the person who is making a valid point here spoilt! How dare you? If anything it's those who were so harsh on her for no good reason. And no I didn't believe her, but I didn't ridicule her either. Now the mature people here would surely just eat crow as they rightly should, and the others, well I'll just expect more "Oh I don't care, the roster is out now" posts.
You're obviously failing to read my post. Yes, what they did was wrong, but they shouldn't be cussed at. Honestly anyone who wants Nyase to stick around so she can leak more stuff is spoiled, because as I said, we would have found the roster out sooner or later, and to want it, nay, expect it sooner is childish, and to whine and complain when you might not get it sooner is downright spoiled.

And with your talk of "How dare you?" I'm going to assume you just want me off my high horse because then you'll be alone on yours.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
She was right about everything. EVERYTHING.
I'm pretty sure she's a he, because someone looked up some of their old posts (before he started leaking stuff) and one was about him getting beaten by his girlfriend. I could be mixing Nya with someone else though....

Rash

Smash Ace
Don't feel bad for her. She was just one of many "leakers" out there, and was one who just happened to be right. Knowing how "leakers" were handled here at Smashboards and at places like Gamefaqs, there should've been an expectation to get flamed. No one's going to believe you if so many other "leakers" were already posting a bunch of BS before you.

No one here should blame themselves for not giving NyaseNya respect. If anything, they should blame the attention-whores who insisted on posting fake rosters and spreading false rumors.

S2

Smash Lord
This person hasn't been here since December thanks to everyone acting like a prick even though NyaseNya was completely nice (before he/she was attacked). Even GimpyFish (with a capital F) trolled on them. Everyone begs for inside info, then gets it, and attacks the person.

Now obviously you can't believe everyone, but there is no need to attack these people who are offering the very info that you're begging for. Then when the person turns out to be right people just say "it doesn't matter now the game is out and we know everything." What ungrateful douche bags is all I have to say. The leeches of the world always looking to take but never to give anything, not even thanks.

I say thanks NyaseNya, even though you'll probably never waste your time coming back here since people treated you the way they did.

Just because you're on the internet doesn't require you to be a prick, remember that.
Its just as not fair to rag on mods like Gimpy, because at the time boards were getting flooded with false prophets.

How does NyaseNya look any different when she's not giving any proof? Hindsight is 20-20, but at the time, the mods had every right to treat her like they would any other "prophet".

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I know some people are upset at the actions of the moderators, but look at it from our point of view. The boards were constantly spammed with new "leakers" and "prophets" every single day. We didn't adopt the policy of "lock only when its blatantly obvious or when its proved fake" until later in the cycle. And even then, look at some of the stuff NyaseNya said. SSBB is dual layered, there are 35 characters, and his friend couldn't even remember all of the characters! It DID seem quite fake at the time.

Given, of course, I'm pretty sure I wasn't even a mod at the time that Nya's thread was locked, I think, at the time, it was the correct decision to lock it. And the reason the first post was edited is because people often copy/paste the first post and make new threads with it. I personally wouldn't have deleted the first post, but thats neither here nor there. If you guys were in our position, what would you have done? Let every "my friend/roomate/dad/sister/cousin in Nintendo said..." thread stay alive?

Let me use this opportunity to formally admit we were wrong, and NyaseNya was right. But I can't honestly apologize for our actions given the circumstances. In the end, I want to say thank you to NyaseNya, ShadowXOR, PortraitOfRuin, and the other leakers for getting that information out. I was indeed one of the few that believed you all since the beginning and I truly do appreciate the risks you took for us.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Don't feel bad for her. She was just one of many "leakers" out there, and was one who just happened to be right. Knowing how "leakers" were handled here at Smashboards and at places like Gamefaqs, there should've been an expectation to get flamed. No one's going to believe you if so many other "leakers" were already posting a bunch of BS before you.

No one here should blame themselves for not giving NyaseNya respect. If anything, they should blame the attention-whores who insisted on posting fake rosters and spreading false rumors.
Exactly nobody knew truth from fiction and our oonly realiable source was the DOJO, what made her so special at the time not to get flamed.
She went staright under the catergory of prophet.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I know some people are upset at the actions of the moderators, but look at it from our point of view. The boards were constantly spammed with new "leakers" and "prophets" every single day. We didn't adopt the policy of "lock only when its blatantly obvious or when its proved fake" until later in the cycle. And even then, look at some of the stuff NyaseNya said. SSBB is dual layered, there are 35 characters, and his friend couldn't even remember all of the characters! It DID seem quite fake at the time.

Given, of course, I don't even think I was a mod at the time that Nya's thread was locked, I think, at the time, it was the correct decision to lock it. And the reason the first post was edited is because people often copy/paste the first post and make new threads with it. I personally wouldn't have deleted the first post, but thats neither here nor there. If you guys were in our position, what would you have done? Let every "my friend/roomate/dad/sister/cousin in Nintendo said..." thread stay alive?

Let me use this opportunity to formally admit we were wrong, and NyaseNya was right. Thank you NyaseNya, for getting that information out. But I can't honestly apologize for our actions given the situation.
Yep. And everyone gets flamed every once and a while, big deal.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
having a policy to just close those threads would be good. let them say their peace but not have an open discussion on whether it's true or not because no one but them can be certain.

that way attention whores don't get the attention they want anyways, solving half the battle.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
Uh, I don't believe that person. If anything PoR, Mark, and Reno is more trustworthy than that person. All this person just did was just made a guest and got lucky. Does this person even work for the media?

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
You're obviously failing to read my post. Yes, what they did was wrong, but they shouldn't be cussed at. Honestly anyone who wants Nyase to stick around so she can leak more stuff is spoiled, because as I said, we would have found the roster out sooner or later, and to want it, nay, expect it sooner is childish, and to whine and complain when you might not get it sooner is downright spoiled.

And with your talk of "How dare you?" I'm going to assume you just want me off my high horse because then you'll be alone on yours.
Point out where I'm saying we should all swear at the naysayers please, or leave that line of thought alone. Also, point out where I've based my reasoning on wanted her to be a round for more leaked info. The whole point of this is that her ridicule was wrong, period. It's like you have tunnelled vision in this debate.

And oh I'm sorry that you find expecting an apology at a just time is pretentious or arrogant in anyway. Please forgive me, maybe if I told everyone to grow and stop being whiney children as you did you would see better of me.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Point out where I'm saying we should all swear at the naysayers please, or leave that line of thought alone. Also, point out where I've based my reasoning on wanted her to be a round for more leaked info. The whole point of this is that her ridicule was wrong, period. It's like you have tunnelled vision in this debate.

And oh I'm sorry that you find expecting an apology at a just time is pretentious or arrogant in anyway. Please forgive me, maybe if I told everyone to grow and stop being whiney children as you did you would see better of me.
Oh stop it, both of you. No one cares about your petty little arguments.

D

Deleted member

Given, of course, I'm pretty sure I wasn't even a mod at the time that Nya's thread was locked, I think, at the time, it was the correct decision to lock it. And the reason the first post was edited is because people often copy/paste the first post and make new threads with it. I personally wouldn't have deleted the first post, but thats neither here nor there. If you guys were in our position, what would you have done? Let every "my friend/roomate/dad/sister/cousin in Nintendo said..." thread stay alive?

Let me use this opportunity to formally admit we were wrong, and NyaseNya was right. But I can't honestly apologize for our actions given the circumstances. In the end, I want to say thank you to NyaseNya, ShadowXOR, PortraitOfRuin, and the other leakers for getting that information out. I was indeed one of the few that believed you all since the beginning and I truly do appreciate the risks you took for us.
Thanks for saying something at least, it makes all the difference in the world. Sure we're on the internet but people think that's an excuse to not display any common courtesy.

And to Rodriguezjr: NyaseNya knew more than any of the other profits said, he/she even said it was the first dual layer Wii game, you don't guess that, the 35 roster, Toon Link, Olimar, etc. I don't know why you hate admitting people are right. The proof is there and denying it makes you look...silly let's say.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
What still bugs me is that these people felt entitled to spoil the game for most people. I mean, the earliest leaks came out in September, 4 months before Brawl was originally supposed to be released. Did they do just for attention or what? Still, if people recieve backlash from leaking info then it really is their own faults.
If you don't like spoilers, why are you even here? No one forces you read spoilers.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If you don't like spoilers, why are you even here? No one forces you read spoilers.
Uh, maybe because I've been tracking this game since it was pseudo-announced at E33 05, perhaps? Also, Brawl news is impossible to avoid and sites like IGN and Joystiq make it front page news all the time. This also isn't the only smash related forum that I'm a part of so in order for me to not know any spoilers, I'd pretty much have to give up the internet entirely for 4-5 months because 90% of the websites I go to revolve around video games. Also, at this point I really don't care about spoilers. I was dead fixated on not spoiling any of the SSE for myself and then I found out about Brawl's underwelming roster and finally took off the rose colored glasses. It's going to be a great game regardless and I'm still going to buy it but, just like with Melee's roster, I think Nintendo squandered a lot of the game's potential and I'll probably be hungery for a sequel within a year or two.

*add in* Also, I'm getting tired of people asking me why I'm even here especially when I'm not spamming or trolling...

Sandwich

Smash Ace
I don't believe it's fair to call Nyase a prophet, though.

We're talking about some speculation on an internet forum, no matter how right they were.

That, is an insult to Muslim. I think.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
haha, you talk as if you're at an intellectual level. be quiet, you obviously are only in this thread to troll. we heard your two cents, now let the smarter people discuss the topic at hand.
Sure, it's not like you're hurting my feelings or anything.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Point out where I've talked about you. At all.

If NyaseNya wants an apology, she can ask for one herself. If I leaked info, I wouldn't, because it would be cocky and assuming. It's even worse that people that just believed her call people "douchebags" and then demand an apology. SamuraiPanda's post says it all for the mods too. The mods have nothing to apologize for. And those who are not mods should not be expected by people who are also not mods to apologize.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I don't believe it's fair to call Nyase a prophet, though.

We're talking about some speculation on an internet forum, no matter how right they were.

That, is an insult to Muslim. I think.
I think you mean Islam (muslims are the followers) also just about every religion has prophets. the definition of a prophet is this

a person who foretells or predicts what is to come

don't get into a religous debate if you don't know what you're talking about.

Milos

Smash Lord
Sure, it's not like you're hurting my feelings or anything.
Ok, but fact remains you've said too much to be quite honest. I understand what it is that you believe, and I respect it. But after you say it a few times it loses merit. and then making a comment about petty arguments? ugh. just let the topic be discussed, if the mods dislike ph00t's argument, they'll deal with it their own way. All I'm saying is that you don't have to involve yourself with those two.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Ok, but fact remains you've said too much to be quite honest. I understand what it is that you believe, and I respect it. But after you say it a few times it loses merit. and then making a comment about petty arguments? ugh. just let the topic be discussed, if the mods dislike ph00t's argument, they'll deal with it their own way. All I'm saying is that you don't have to involve yourself with those two.
Ya think so? I only made one post before trying to stop a pointless attack-fest from happening. Sure, I really don't have much more to say here. But you don't have to be so rude.

Soviet

Smash Cadet
This thread and its counterpart are hilarious. Funny how a few random looks at peoples' profiles in the thread that she got flamed in have so far revealed nothing but people who haven't graduated from high school yet. Shocking. What a bunch of children.

Milos

Smash Lord
This thread and its counterpart are hilarious. Funny how a few random looks at peoples' profiles in the thread that she got flamed in have so far revealed nothing but people who haven't graduated from high school yet. Shocking. What a bunch of children.
Eh I haven't graduated High School yet, however, it seems that on swf age doesn't really define or pertain to maturity much does it -.-

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uh, maybe because I've been tracking this game since it was pseudo-announced at E33 05, perhaps? Also, Brawl news is impossible to avoid and sites like IGN and Joystiq make it front page news all the time. This also isn't the only smash related forum that I'm a part of so in order for me to not know any spoilers, I'd pretty much have to give up the internet entirely for 4-5 months because 90% of the websites I go to revolve around video games. Also, at this point I really don't care about spoilers. I was dead fixated on not spoiling any of the SSE for myself and then I found out about Brawl's underwelming roster and finally took off the rose colored glasses. It's going to be a great game regardless and I'm still going to buy it but, just like with Melee's roster, I think Nintendo squandered a lot of the game's potential and I'll probably be hungery for a sequel within a year or two.

*add in* Also, I'm getting tired of people asking me why I'm even here especially when I'm not spamming or trolling...
You were complaining about how NyanseNya (and others) were "spoiling the game for everyone". One would assume you dislike spoilers (no matter how many warnings one receives before viewing them) because of that.

NyanseNya's thread was titled "Something (massive spoilers)" (The "Something" was something like "Beta test" or something). Only an idiot would click on it not expecting to see spoilers.

What NyanseNya did was provide us with much needed info. A lot of people wanted spoilers. She (apparently it's a she... possibly lesbian?)

She gave us that info willingly and for free, risking who knows what if Nintendo ever tracked her down. Yet, you complain about it as if she did something wrong. Those who do not want spoilers should just stay away from spoilery-threads, especially those with "Spoilers" in the title!

Point out where I've talked about you. At all.

If NyaseNya wants an apology, she can ask for one herself. If I leaked info, I wouldn't, because it would be cocky and assuming. It's even worse that people that just believed her call people "douchebags" and then demand an apology. SamuraiPanda's post says it all for the mods too. The mods have nothing to apologize for. And those who are not mods should not be expected by people who are also not mods to apologize.
No one has called anyone a douchebag for not believing someone. Only for flaming them. Big distinction.

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
Well, if I were in the mods position, I would have locked it as well. The thing I have an issue with is what the first post was edited too. If he would have just written something that explains a valid reasoning instead of, "FAAAAAAKE BAWWW LOL", people wouldn't be so angry.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
yeah, more maturity is expected of a mod, sure maybe it's not fair to expect more of them than a normal member but that's why they are mods, keepers of the peace, not the other way around.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=126260

Searched for treads started by Nyasenya. I remember that thread because Gimpyfish closed it and changed the first post. I think closing it was ok, but editing the first post was uncalled for.

Also, Nyasenya told us about Sonic and other things way before the flood of prophets came in. Nyasenya had not been on these boards for quite some time when the prophets started popping up.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
To be on topic, we all have to take into account that nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed. That's all there really is to it. The only thing that SHOULD be apologized for is the flaming. I don't see how that helps anyone. Sure, one can be annoyed because there were other people suggesting they knew something about Brawl. But that's really no excuse to be ********.

It's better to be skeptical than to be a jerkoff. Even on the internet. A lesson to be learned here is just respect.

I myself was skeptical. But hey, Toon Link IS in. And that's all that matters.

/loling

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
No one has called anyone a douchebag for not believing someone. Only for flaming them. Big distinction.
But it doesn't seem childish to flame someone for flaming? That's what I'm on about. The OP is being really childish and petty about the whole thing. And not just the OP. The people saying these things are inordinately angry about the whole ordeal.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
But it doesn't seem childish to flame someone for flaming?
Yeah. I personally would just want them to apologize to her for flaming her so thoroughly. Apparently they all believed her after she predicted Sonic's reveal date (which is pretty much impossible to guess) and only started flaming her after she revealed (very true facts) stuff that they didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom