• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

swordsaint

Smash Master
Gopo........ (Why are we doing this again?)

The meet was really fun, had a lot of good games and some good amusing ones too. My favourite was the time out from EA when I was Ganon. =(

Gords

Smash Champion
There is track work on every weekend somewhere and probably will be like that for quite sometime. I think it's something we just need to get used to.

**** CityRail. All this work and the only thing that's changed in the last 20 years is the price of the ticket.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
There is track work on every weekend somewhere and probably will be like that for quite sometime. I think it's something we just need to get used to.

**** CityRail. All this work and the only thing that's changed in the last 20 years is the price of the ticket.
+1.

Ahh I miss the good old days of return ticket to city for 2.50
Now I'm paying 3 bucks to go strathfield >:@

Gords

Smash Champion
just bumping this, Western sydney seems to be quiet lately so lets hear some hype for
ok guys here are the details of the biggest smash meet in over a year
Smash Till Dawn Smashfest 2

Thats right Sydney, I hosted one of these before Sydneys last major, OHN7, and im doing it again this time. Come and get some hardcore training before Thriller or just come and have some fun.

Date: Sat 27th - Sun 28th March (weekend before Easter, 2 weeks before Thriller)
Time: 12noon - 4pm (28 hrs of Smash, or whatever)
Location: My place (campbelltown,will PM exact address to attendees list closer to the day)
My phone: 0433 671 938 (call if you get lost)

Expect to see BRAWL, MELEE, SSB64, NSMBW, MK NDS, MK64, PKM HGSS, PPL, XS ENERGY and more. Also very likely that i will hold a house tourney or put on crue matches on saturday arvo. A little bit of something for everyone so your all welcome. 'Doesn't matter if your black or white' everyboday can come along. Canberra guys, Hunter Valley/Newcastle guys, Sydney guys even OoSers, your all welcome to an epic fun filled weekend of smash.

The best way to get to my place by public transport would be to catch a train to Campbelltown station and then the 880 Busways bus (to minto station) from the west side (Farrow road) of campbelltown station and get off at the corner of Dobell rd and Drysdale st, then walk from there. (if you reach the high school on the corner of drysdale and malachite rds with the basket ball courts then you have gone to far. Get off there and walk back the way the bus came)
However I only have 2 TVs and 1 wii so I can only really make this work with the help of those who can bring TVs and equipment. So to people who can drive, it would be great if you can bring a TV or pick up someone who needs a lift so they can bring theirs.

Also I will be providing some kind of lunch (dont know what it will be yet but most likely pies and sausage rolls or similar) but for dinner, if there's enough cars to accomadate everyone, I was thinking of going to Pizza Hut the Works. This will cost $15 for all you can eat plus $3.50 for all you can drink per person. (sizzler is an option too but is further away and slightly more expensive). If we cant/dont want to we can just order pizza at $10 per large pizza (hopefully cheaper if i can find some discount vouchers).

I dont have much in the way of sleeping gear either so if you want to sleep you will need to bring your own sleeping gear and find a spot on the floor somewhere to sleep. Although we have plenty of cussions to use as pillows so all you really need is some kind of blanket. But lets be honest, who needs sleep anyway.

So if you can make it please reply letting me know what equipment you can bring. Ideally 1 TV per 3 people would be best as i would like to have some team matches. And remember to bring your own controls. Also to those who bring TVs I will pay for your drinks at Pizza Hut if we go.

Current Attendies= 3 ()
Me: Gords - 2 TVs, Wii, Brawl, Melee
EA
Ted

Equipment
TVs: 2 ()
Wiis: 1 ()
Gamecubes: ()
Brawl: 1 ()
Melee: 1 ()

(brackets) mean prossibly

Gords

Smash Champion
@scoot
you dont have to come for the whole thing, even if you just came for the sat that would be good.

@zxv
great to hear it, ill add you to the attendees list when ii update it later, probs after boost this weekend since that is when i will be focused on organising everything for it

swordsaint

Smash Master
@scoot
you dont have to come for the whole thing, even if you just came for the sat that would be good.

@zxv
great to hear it, ill add you to the attendees list when ii update it later, probs after boost this weekend since that is when i will be focused on organising everything for it
We'll see what happens. I only go to TAFE 3 days a week for like 7 hours, so I'll use a lot of the spare time to try and get ahead. Then I might come.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
(Important bump, please don't infract me XD.)

So about tomorow.
For those who do not know, with pretty much no notice, a once in a lifetime opportunity will present itself tomorow.

I, Foxy, am having a meet at my house.

Did that just blow your mind or what?

I repeat, this is a once in a lifetime thing. The people that come tomorow will be the only ones able to brag about this. So outta staters, it goes without question that you'll be there tomorow right?

Details: My house is at 89 Whitecross rd Winmalee. It's either that or White Cross...... both work in google maps though so don't worry. Yes you're right, I apparently don't even know where I live, that's just how exclusive this is. You can't miss it though, it's the last house on the right just before you drive into the bush, so you don't want to miss it either.

Get here at around 10:30am. Unfortunatelly, it can only go till 4pm, so treasure every moment.

If you don't like Bundaberg ginger beer then gtfo or byo drinks. (Prefferably in the reverse order, leaving the drinks behind XD)

Foxy has spoken. Cya there.

(Ted, you're bringin the other TV right?)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
You don't even know.

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

I'll be there, Wii in hand. Got a phone number so we can contact you if we get lost or something? xD

btw ZXV, my number is 0407 345 249 if you need it.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW (official sponser of Foxy's meets)

Phone number is 47542651. You should be alright though. As long as you can find Winmalee, and as long as you can not miss whitecross rd, you shouldn't miss my house. Just look out for the smash van and my awesome hax car at the end of the road on the right.

+ 1 hype

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
You don't even know.

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.
hey hey hey, do you guys even know where this came from?

also foxy as awesome as this sounds I have no way of getting there (getting a tire fixed on my car tomorrow) but you know sure as **** I'll be there in spirit.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok, just to clear it up, the phrase "You don't even know." was first uttered by my little sister as a comeback during a petty argument. At the time we all thought it was so stupid and yet so awesome, that it stuck. So me and my siblings have been using it as a comeback ever since then. It seemed only natural that I would say it to Ted at one of his meets. He thought it was funny as well, so did EA. Ted and EA have used it ever since and now it seems to be just one of those things that are said. But let us not forget who the original genious was, Foxy's little sister.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
your little sister is actually a seer from the future, its true just ask silfa, act's resident time travelling expert

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
My wii went back in time 3 years >_> I'm totally expert.
I've already told Ted/EA/Gords?, but long story short, my wii broke, I sent said wii away to get fixed by nintendo, I got it back and I wanted to see if they'd played any games on it which would make sense of the fact it was away for way too long. I looked at the play memory thing and apparently I'd played TP that day. Go figure, cause TP was at my mates house. This confused me somewhat and after thinking that maybe one of my sisters friends had come round with TP or something, I checked again and apparently, it was the right date (3rd of March or something) the wrong time (It was actually about 4pm at that stage but the wii said it was 2:30am) and it was 2007.....
tl;dr, nintendo has a time machine that they use to send faulty stuff back into the past so they can look at it and prevent the problem from ever occuring or something like that. Nintendo can invent a time machine, and yet random tripping exists.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hmmm... so theres a connection between silfa and nintendo... intresting... I'll look into this foxy my man

edit- heres the source here, funny clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NrtM2oC0mI if you cant be bothered to watch it, its at 9:05, but then it wont make sense if you skip to it, me and friends used to spam that **** all the time.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Ok, just to clear it up, the phrase "You don't even know." was first uttered by my little sister as a comeback during a petty argument. At the time we all thought it was so stupid and yet so awesome, that it stuck. So me and my siblings have been using it as a comeback ever since then. It seemed only natural that I would say it to Ted at one of his meets. He thought it was funny as well, so did EA. Ted and EA have used it ever since and now it seems to be just one of those things that are said. But let us not forget who the original genious was, Foxy's little sister.
Actually no, I've been using it since long before I met you lol. I don't really remember where it came from, it's just one of those things I picked up over the course of my internet experience (lol).

In fact, pretty sure I even had it as the guide to desynching's subtitle since before I met you lulz.

Man I sure hope ZXV remembers to pick me up. :/

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok first of all, seriously, you don't even know. Second of all, why are you trying to burst my bubble?

So have you found out about the whole side-B thing with Wolf/Fox yet? I still think it's harder for wolf to cancel, but that might be because I have considerably less practise with him. Either way, you were going to find out once and for all with frame data. But of course the Fox/Wolf board's frame data was **** and so it didn't have the cancelling frames. So I figured, no worries, he'll just test it himself. Then I waited. Now we're here and I'm wondering if you're done yet. Not to mention the combo video. Don't get me started about the combo video.

Edit: I watched the whole vid, and even though the words are all in the same order, it's said completely differently. The emphasis is all wrong, it's way too serious. It's basically a completely different thing. I don't know what to say, you'd have to hear how I say it to know the difference.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
So I figured, no worries, he'll just test it himself. Then I waited. Now we're here and I'm wondering if you're done yet. Not to mention the combo video. Don't get me started about the combo video.
I didn't even unpack anything when I got home lol, I literally just got home, posted so that ZXV knew my number, and went right to sleep (although gords later woke me up just to tell me some pokemon thing :mad:), I was so ****ing tired. tbh I probably won't even bother testing it until the combo video is done, atm that is the priority (should be done by the end of next week if all goes to plan).
dw I'll prove you wrong eventually. ;)

btw I didn't mean to burst your bubble, I was just saying it how it was, sry. :(

Top Bottom