• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NSW thread

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
This thread is inactive, use the Sydney thread instead.

- ZEREUL

falcophantism

Smash Apprentice
Yay another sydney smash thread, anyways when i used to live there my bet mate and i played smash, its been ages since i last spoke to him but i do have his email, i will ask him if he still plays and if he can join in (he lives in Cherrybrook, sort of north west from city) and hopfully the NSW smash scene will grow.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
I started this thread cause CAO is annoyed with all the new Sydney people who casually pop up and start going on about smashfests that their throwing.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Ok the date has changed from Feb to March.

But seriously we need support and interest, this is a properly arrange tournament for NSW, if people do not show interest or attend there won't be anymore. Im just annoyed because there was so much interest before and now its all dropped out again.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
IF you want to make the list of NSW Smashers PM me

This is Jaz just editing a few things here...
If your new to this thread, interested in smash in sydney then you'll see the list of smashers that are above in Zeruel's post...
recently there was a tournamnet in Sydney named OHN5, where 20 people from sydney were rumoured to show up...
I and three others were the only ones present from that list:

Jaz
Ellaphant
Carlos
Max Fuchs

the only smashers accounted for are below:

Zeruel (work)
Kulla (work)

I'm pretty sure everyone else has either given up on smash or hasn't bothered to tell me why they didn't make it, so as a result if you wish to make the list of sydney smashers i am about to post then you will have to not only give your details but also meet up for smash:

That means coming along to either a smash meet or the next big tourny:

so those that i consider to be the real list of sydney smashers are as follows:

Jaz

Name: Jarryd
Mains: Captain Falcon, Link.

Max Füchs

Name: Josh
Mains: Peach, Zelda.
- MSN: Max.Fuchs@hotmail.com
- AIM: MaxFoxFuchs
- YIM: maxfoxfuchs
- E-mail: josh@lspace.cc

ZEREUL

Name: Alexandre Zereul
Mains: JigglyPUFF, BOWSER. Doctor Mario, Sheik

Nesis

Name: Steve
Mains: Marth

Game Name: fiSHtITS
Mains: Cpt Falcon, Peach, Falco (in that order)

Pandemonium

Name: Matt
Mains: Fox, Falco, Pichu.

Brown One

Name: Carlos
Mains: Falco, Marth, Link...others...<_<

Abhorsen

Name: Cameron
Mains: Luigi and Samus. Alright with Mario/Doc, Pikachu and G&W.

Kulla

Name: Simon
Mains: Fox, Marth

I will update this list, as there are many smashers that i have met and are not included here, there are also many that have posted and i have not included because i have not met them in person.

if there are any problems or complaints about the list let me know

- Jaz

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Well heres the low down on prize's, they are being supplied by GAme's Wizard and JB Hi Fi.... and the better the attendence the better the prize.

Basically it IS a BYO, so depending on numbers im going to be looking for some people to supply.

Peace.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Australia is just the Land of the Jarryd and Josh.

Over here it's the land of Rickys and Andys LOL

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
The next OVERDOSE tournament will be at a PCYC in Newcastle, the one after that were trying Sydney.

You thinks thats alot there are like 11 chris's in Halo 2 pro gaming scene.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Any one interested in OverDose, don't worry its still planned, however not all details have been finalised.

C0ME_bac_k-id

Smash Apprentice
man serzly im going for sure with another 2 three sydney smashers but **** ,,,isnt ne other sydney siders gonna show some west coast love...and i noe its at newcastle pcyc...nice thats a big help ....wat about the sign-up fee...wat about THE ACTUAL ADDRESS WUD HELP TO...but yeah as u sed details are still being finalised even though its like 2-3 weeks away ..nice one guys...

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Dude Im a co-organiser from Illawarra 4 hours away from NewCastle, I won't be at the event cause I have to work, Once I get in touch with the organiser from NewCastle I will give you more info.

Its at one of the only PCYC's in Newcastle, I will find out the address for you and entry fee is $10.

I don't know much else at the moment.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Well its almost 2 weeks til the event, and I haven't managed to get in contact with the NewCastle organiser, chances are it will probly have to be pushed back as all 4 OD organisers are pretty much busy.

C0ME_bac_k-id

Smash Apprentice
where have all the sydney smashers gone? The threads have gone quiet and sydney aint having a tourny till OHN5 which is still yonks away...and here i see everyone else having bi-weeklys setting them up and actually following through im pissed sumthing needs to be done...im willing to help organise for sydney smashfests but i need help from anyone and everyone ...ideas, peoples houses etc.; all the old school smahers this means you...we need to put us sydney siders into shape and be ready for all the other smashers out there. . . if u feel wat im saying and care about smash in sydney then PM me or email me...at storm_ryda69@hotmail.com all the help and support needed....

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
We gotta plan something in these holidays, im thinking a rematch with Jaz (this time I will prove im the best :p) and versing some of the ACT guys.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
It didn't, all us organisers were working, and it ain't likely to happen again till like the next holidays, but OHN5 is on during the next holidays anyway.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
a rematch! umm... well i'm tied up just enough not to organise something my friend, work has bested me yet again, but give me a date and a place and i'll be there ja?
always up for a rematch

jazblack009

Smash Ace
oh and sorry for the double post, but i'd like to apologise to Come back kid, i'm sorry about losing my wallet, i obvioulsy didn't mean it and i hope you're not deterred from playing smash still, zeruel is a better organiser anyway, yet again very sorry for that.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
Ok, so I triple posted... but their unrelated I swear.

MELEE @ JAZ

SYDNEY SMASH BROTHERS MEET
(If you plan to come to this, I advise you not to skim through it, but read the whole thing.)
That’s right people next week Jaz is hosting the first properly unorganised smashmeet, and you, the Sydney smash scene (*snort) are invited:

DATE:
The meet will be held on Saturday the 29th of April

TIMES:
Try to get there at 11:00am i expect some to be late
As for leaving, everyone gets kicked out at 10:00 - 11:00 at night
ofcourse if you live far away then you'll be leavin earlier?

ATTENDANCE:
This is the list of people coming, some are not sure if they still can, but if everyone comes it's a full house, if you wanted to bring any friends that aren't on the list... sorry.
But 22 is already 2 over the quota.
[Y]=yes, definitely
[M]=maybe, not 100%
anything in brackets is what you're bringing

[Y] Jaz [well i am gonna be there]
[Y] Mat Ella (1xTV, 1xGC, 1x Projector)
[Y] Carlos (1xGC)
[Y] Damien
[Y] Max Füchs(1xGC)
[Y] Friend of Max Füchs: Matt
[Y] Narcu
[Y] Friend of Narcu: Age
[Y] Friend of Narcu: Gmip
[Y]Come Back Kid
[Y]Friend of Come Back Kid: no 1
[Y]Friend of Come Back Kid: no 2
[Y]Friend of Come Back Kid: no 3
[Y] Forks (1xGC)
[Y] Abhorsen
[Y] Rane
[M] Fonti
[M] Friend of Keamoto: DemiKeaton
[M] Friend of Matt Ella: Josh
[M] Friend of Matt Ella: Jesse

Turnout: 16 people

If everyone confirms their maybe's thats 2+ Full House! o_O

VENUE:
My house XD
Get you're UBD's out or go too www.whereis.com.au and look up Matraville in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, that’s where I am. If that’s too far away, I’m sorry but no one else could be bothered making a venue, or were to busy, it's all I’ve got.

VISION:
The venue will have 4 TV's and a projector, if that’s not enough for someone who doesn't live far away... bring one ^_^
2 of the TVs are decent sized, while the other 2 are pretty small, probably monitor sized... small by widescreen standards anyway. so i'll see if i can organie something there.
UPDATEthere will now be a projector and another cube produced by Carlos and Matt
You guys ****ing rock

EQUIPMENT:
Cubes are settled, Matt, Max, Carlos and Forks are bringing theirs, we don't need anymore, if i can't reach forks to confirm he is bringin one... than i might have to rely on another.

Maths is fun
BYO CONTROLS!
I only have one spare, but everyone bring you're own, people don't like sharing their controllers, well people I know XD
UPDATE Fonti is bringing spare controls for Max's friend Matt

FOOD
FONTI'S LAW: Everyone bring one bag or packet of munchies, means more to eat and less chance of starving.
Bring money for dinner it will probably be pizza or pies if you like them or Chinese if you're rich.

NO ALCAHOL
Oh and for some odd reason, ionno i should include it, No Alcohol, there will be people below 18 and i don't feel like going to jail, i trust you guys though, but just incase...

Anyway you can reach me on 0400484945 by sms or phone call and my msn is unplugged009@hotmail.com
If you know you're coming let me know and I’ll give you the exact address to my house.
I WILL EMAIL MY ADDRESS TO ALL THAT HAVE CONFIRMED ON THURSDAY

END NOTE:
I realise everyone is out of practice, which is why I’m freaking doing this, it’s a wakeup call before OHN5. it is also a test to see who can be bothered or who is busy, I need to know who can constantly be bothered for this kinda thing, a few people are interested in following the examples of other states and doing bi-weeklies.

If you want to do that, this is the first step.

Regards

-Jaz

Max Füchs

Smash Cadet
Gaaaaahhhh...

It's Max Füchs, not Max Fuch, and Matt's name has two t's, not one.

I'm actually slightly not out of Practice. O_O. I put up with two people hitting me from afar while one beat me up at close range. XD

I can bring my own controller, but Matt won't be able to bring his unless he uses my spare which doesn't have a working C-stick half the time. (Actually, they both do, but that's beside the point).

Do I have to bring money for food? I never eat, remember?

Etc...and such.

I'm done.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
i can bring a cube, and extra controllers if needed (but if anyone steals them, so help me god i shall rain down upon them furious wrath, grief and vengeance). i can possibly bring a tv as well, depending on whether fork is driving or not. and might i suggest that everyone bring one item of munchies (bag o' chips, slab o' chocolate, bottle o' coke etc) to take a bit of the strain off jaz, and to make it a more enjoyable and....munchable.....experience.

also max, not everyone knows how to do ü's (its alt 0 5 0 8 by the way, i just figured it out then ahah)

jazblack009

Smash Ace
max, everyone is out of practice like i said, and sorry bout the name.
it's been fixed.
fonti i like that idea, i'll add it under Fonti's law lol.
getting bigger, shaping up to be a decent meet.
apologies to zeruel for putting it on a saturday, he works on weekends
and come back kid if you're reading this, contact me man, i'd like too see you there.

-Jaz

C0ME_bac_k-id

Smash Apprentice
JAZ LONG TIME NO TALK - SORRY BOUT NO REPLYS FROM YOUR MSGS ...MY MOBS BEEN BARRED
but hell yeah i ready for this...i can bring a cube if you want- - -well if my mate drives im 100% can bring a game cube yeah and my own controller -- just update me with your address yeah either email me or msg my mob . . . thanks bro GOOD TO SEE SUMTHINGS GOING DOWN (2-3 mates might come along too is thats fine )

jazblack009

Smash Ace
C0ME_bac_k-id said:
JAZ LONG TIME NO TALK - SORRY BOUT NO REPLYS FROM YOUR MSGS ...MY MOBS BEEN BARRED
but hell yeah i ready for this...i can bring a cube if you want- - -well if my mate drives im 100% can bring a game cube yeah and my own controller -- just update me with your address yeah either email me or msg my mob . . . thanks bro GOOD TO SEE SUMTHINGS GOING DOWN (2-3 mates might come along too is thats fine )
No problem man, i'll put you and your three friends down aswell.
just remember about bringin munchies for each of you and money for food later. everyone has to bring thier own control though, so if your friends don't have one, try and sort that out ;)

good to see you coming :D

fiSHtITS

Smash Cadet
I haven't posted in ages. I will be coming to OHN5 but i can not make it to Jaz's first Smash Meet, if he holds a 2nd i will be more then happy to come :). I'm very bad at this game right now though (recently got rid of my cube due to lack of interest, but i got anohter one today :)), but i will be putting my all into it and my main will be Falco, cheers, hope i can get more people into the NSW scene. Viva La Smash

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm glad alot of you are getting back into it eh? I still have to pay you and Max a visit when I get home. I had unfinished plans, ja?

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Cao your unfinished plans also involve a Bowser Ditto remember?

fiSHtITS

Smash Cadet
Good luck to Jaz and the meet. I've got a few questions and some requests.

Can my info be changed?

Game Name: fiSHtITS
Mains: Cpt Falcon, Peach, Falco (in that order)

Do you need to be 18 to go to OHN5? I ask this because it says bring some ID to fill out your EGG membership. How and where do i fill out my EGG membership? Does it cost anything to become an EGG member? Does anyone know if the OHN5 venue will be open to the fighters mentioned, i.e can we walk around from area to area so that after some smash i can check out justin wong playing his mean chun-li in street fighter?

As for requests can Jaz or another relatively close to the CBD smasher please set up at least one more smash meet before OHN5 because i seriously need to get some practice in.

It's great to be playing smash again and posting on the boards.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
Well, what a meet it was:
yes we did a tourney we did a prelim round robin of seven rounds e.g everyone versed everyone and the top 4 went into the finals based on their win loss record:

The top four were as follows:

Abhorsen: 6 win 1 loss
Jaz: 5 win 2 loss
Carlo & Matt Ella: 4 win 3 loss

We played the best of three in the finals and the results from 1st to 8th are as follows:

Jaz
Abhorsen
Carlos
Matt Ella
Max Füchs
Rane
Damien
Matt

I would like to thank Max and his friend Matt for bringing along a feast of munchies, Cameron for staying for what time he could and Rane for making it to the venue.

Matt, Carlos and Damien, the tournament couldn't have happened without your equipment, and I would of been bored out of my wits without Majora's mask at the end.

It was a great start to melee in Sydney, the atmosphere was positive and everyone enjoyed themselves.
Definitely a big improvement on Max Füchs and Abhorsen’s part, impressive turnip game from Max, it made many fear the stitch face and turnips in general, and Cameron with super WDing and great edgegaurding deserved to be top in the prelims

Damien was off his game so those who underestimate him will pay for it next time, sorry to beat you with DK >.< :p

Rane needed that meet, you could tell he missed the competition, I quoted him saying he hadn’t played the game in a year, Great to see him there.

A big learning experience for Matt, he’s yet to find a character that suits his style, one day Matt :D
And lastly Carlos and Matt Ella, who… somehow (XD) have kept their skill level as high as it was since Animania, WDing and Shffling skill were top notch, excellent effort guys.

Now…
Why only to 8th one might ask...
Well that’s because 8 people showed up,
- Keamoto couldn't get transport to the venue, neither could DemiKeaton.
- Narcu couldn't get a lift either, thus Gmip and Age couldn't front

I don't believe it would be right to criticise those that didn't show up and didn't bother to tell me, you probably have your reasons, but if there ever is a next time I would like to know in advance.

CBK I tried to contact you many times, and the only response I got was a post on here, that’s the same with Fonti i didn't hear a word from Forks.
Josh and Jesse just didn’t come, but I kinda knew that would happen so no big deal, they were friends of Matt's so this doesn't apply to them.
And I had to find out from Zeruel that Kulla couldn’t make it because of work.

Now between you guys that’s 9 people, and a cube that said they could make it 9 messages/emails/phonecalls i didn't recieve

So I don’t know guys, I mean we had too much food, space and people got bored because there was 12 hours of smash with only eight people. We started the tourny late waiting for people so we didn’t even have time for teams, Half of those that came were gone by 6 so that’s 5 hours with 4 of us.

Bit of a let down but it was half expected, I’d be an optimist if I said that I expected 22 people to show.

So yeah I’ll do this again, but I might be unreasonable by doing it on the basis so that if you are coming, you bring enough munchies, controls for yourselves + a game cube and TV, you can even bring your own chairs, I’ll just give you an empty room.

That way no one has to set up a whole room and early start time for nothing, and if you don’t come, you don’t come.

Anyway that’s what happened, it was good to see Sydney taking the first step, a bit wobbly but a step none the less. If there is a next time Fishtits, and Zeruel will definitely be included in the works,

If we want to consider Bi weeklies, then have a good argument cuz right now I don’t see that ever happening.

If there’s anything I’ve learned from this it’s not to be to optimistic, but I mean it when I say we are no where near close to even challenging the yanks when they come to Sydney.

That’s it from me, if you disagree or have a problem with anything I just said be free to post it up here, I’m happy to discuss it with you, smart ***’ will be ignored.

Regards

-Jaz

Top Bottom