• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Revival of Sydney 4 (RoS4) 25/05/14! Tell your friends!

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Revival of Sydney! Featuring...

(actually 3.01...)

What is it?
This is primarily a Super Smash Bros Melee and Project M tournament series. Due to logistical reasons Brawl won't be making an appearance at this particular event but keep in mind that is subject to change.

For those of you who aren't aware of what Project M is exactly should check out this link: http://projectmgame.com/en/about

When?
This month May the 25rd (which falls on a Sunday). Sign ups for doubles start at 10am for both games kicking off at 11am with Singles following after a lunch break.

Where:
Manhattan super bowl bowling centre, 549 Gardeners Road Mascot

Click here to bring up the address on Google Maps
There is Parking under the venue

What you need to bring:
  • Your own controller
  • $17 for the venue fee, this cost includes lunch (valued at $12) which is provided from the bistro next door
  • Entry to each event (doubles and singles for both games) is an additional $5 per player (So $10 per team)
We also accept set ups (TV and a console with at least one copy of either Melee or PM) from anybody provided you bring a CRT TV or an equivalent without input lag.

Tournament Rules:
Any acts of forfeiting, match fixing, pot splitting and/or bracket manipulation are subject to punishment from the TO.
Any coaching during the match (but not in between matches) is prohibited. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner
In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players. Please look for an official and do not start such a rematch on your own

Melee Ruleset

4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is legal.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
*Sets will be best of 3 except for: winner's semi, winner's final, loser's semi, loser's final and grand final, which will be best of 5.
*Neutral starting positions may be requested
*Timic Clause: Any stage may be played on if both parties agree
*Players may request a double blind character selection
*In the case of a Port Priority Dispute, players may contest port priority
Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:
Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
Modified Doubles Rules
Team Attack set to “On”
Life stealing is allowed -If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.

Project M Ruleset

Project M 3.0 Rule Set

• 4 stock, 8 minutes.
  • Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
  • Items set to “off” and “none.”
  • Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
  • Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.
  • Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
  • For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
  • Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.
  • Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.
  • If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
  • If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
  • Buffer set to off.
  • Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
  • Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
  • If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.
  • In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.
  • No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump)
  • No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.
  • Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
Stagelist:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1-1-2 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)

Counterpicks:

Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld
Pokemon Stadium 1

Conduct Rules
In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match may be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused losses a stock.
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
Any hacks, including (but not limited to) textures, music, and model changes are not allowed.
The TO reserves the right to change this ruleset up until the day of the tournament.

Any questions? Feel free to post them here and if you need to contact me (the T.O) feel free to call or text on 0423765351

RoS 1 Results

RoS 1

Melee Singles:

1: Zxv
1: Ted
3: RJ
4: Sack of ****
5: Scrubs
5: Scabe
7: Aki
7: Cal
9: Paulie
9: Aron
9: Julian
9: Vincent Tenia
13: Christian
13: KTMFinx
13: Minibro
13: Seb
17: His Spazticness
17: Foulguncoma
17: Chum
17: Invisi
17: Green Pants
17: Tommoner
25: Star

Project M Singles:

1: Zxv
4: Aki (Andrew)
5: Sack of ****
7: Lux
9: Shaya
9: Scabe
9: Julian
9: Seb
13: Vincent Tenia
13: Tommoner
13: Aron
13: Paulie
17: Noser
17: Green Pants
17: Star
17: Foulguncoma
17: Blakn

Project M Doubles:

1: Somethin (RJ + Zxv)
2: ACT (Seb + Joe)
3: New Elysium (Ted + Cal)
4: Brawltards (Shaya + Lux)
5: Team Bulk up (Scabe + Paulie)
5: Cosplay Bandits (Andrew + Scrubs)
7: Teemo Supremo (Aron + Julian)
7: Vegetarian Turtle (Star + Blakn)
9: Free win (Invisi + Noser)
9: Team Game&Watch (Foulguncoma + Vincent Tenia)

Melee Doubles

1: Cosplay Band (RJ + Andrew)
1: Tedxv (Ted + Zxv)
3: Meals on Wheels (Cal + Scrubs)
4: Team Bulk up (Scabe + Paulie)
5: Teemo Supremo (Aron + Julian)
5: ACT (Seb + Joe)
7: Team Game&Watch (Foulguncoma + Vincent Tenia)
7: Ghost face killas (KTFinx + Chum)
9: Don't even (Minibro + Christian)

Brackets:

http://imgur.com/DT0HYkn

http://imgur.com/FTz5oQx

http://imgur.com/WchcX7O

http://imgur.com/S4IaAKy

RoS 2 Results

Melee Singles

2: Zxv
4: Smoking Puppy
5: Scabe + Bucket
5: JBirds
7: Unny
7: Joe
9: Gords
9: Ricky
9: Cal
13: Gamra
13: Cunchy
13: iKill
13: Matt 2
17: Marty
17: Zorsy
17: KTMFinx
17: Aron
17: Pi
17: Phrase
17: Matt 1
25: William
25: Doc
25: Rumple
25: Seb
25: Paul
25: Jene
25: Redmund
33: JNuts
33: Phibzy
33: Dance
33: James
33: Tyrone

Melee Doubles

1: Zxv & Ted (Tedxv)
2: Unreon + Smoking Puppy (Smoking Punny)
3: JBirds + iKill
4: Sack + Seb (ACT)
5: Zorsy + Paulie
5: Cal & Ricky
7: Doc & Marty
7: Aron & Gords
9: Nick + Robbie (Lush Crew)
9: Rumple + James
9: Dance & Tyrone
9: KTMFinx + Scabe + Bucket (Team Bucket)
13: Phibzy + JNuts
13: Pi + Jene (Wombo Combo)
13: Matt & Matt

Project M Singles

1:
2:
4: Seb
5: Paulie
5: Joe
7: iKill
7: Ricky
9: JBirds
9: Cal
9: Unny
9: Lux
13: Invisi
13: Gamra
13: Smoking Puppy
13: Scabe + Bucket
17: Scott
17: Zorsy
17: Aron
17: JNuts
17: Matt 2
17: Redmund
17: Cunchy
17: Gords
25: William
25: Brad
25: Noser
25: Rose
25: Phibzy
25: Dance
25: Escro
25: Matt 1
33: Paul
33: Tyrone
33: Star
33: ArchMage
33: Maggot

Project M Doubles

1: Zxv + Gords
2: Ted + Seb
3: Cal + Rickyu
4: JBirds + iKill
5: Zorsy + Paulie
5: Aron + Joe
7: ArchMage + Jarop
7: Smoking Puppy + Unreon
9: Scott + Brad (Beards of Fury)
9: Star + Noser (Lolly Lolly Hunters)
9: Dance + Tyrone (Roj)
9: Rose + Bucket
13: Matt & Matt
13: JNuts + Phibzy
13: Redmund + William (Godfukk)

Brackets:

http://imgur.com/a/LZGog

RoS 3 Results

Melee:
[collapse="Singles"]
32 entrants total
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/UPz64pp.png
Pot Split: 6/3/1
Prizes:
1: Ted/Zxv (split) ($72/$72)
3: RJ ($16)
4: YogoGogo
5: Zero
7: Unreon

9: Jon
13: Matt2
13: Cunchy
13: Sleggs
17: Christian
17: Matt 1
17: Shaya
17: EA
17: RobTaylor
17: Josh
17: KTMFinx
17: William
25: Invisi
25: Yam
25: Nivlac
25: Plebastian Sooksalotti
25: Redmund
25: Jay
25: Donny

[collapse="Doubles"]
Pot Split: 7/3
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/QXxgRFN.png
1: Tedxv ($63)
2: RG ($27)
3: Scrubreon
4: Calky
5: Paulebb2
5: Sack and ****
7: Christian Dog
7: Jean
9: Yivlam
[/collapse]

Project M:

[collapse="Singles"]
23 entrants total
Pot Split: 6/3/1
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/KVYDSvn.png
1: Ted/Zxv (split) ($51.5/$51.5)
3: Paulie ($12)
4: Scrubs
5: RJ
5: YogoGogo
7: Plebastian Sooksalotti
7: Zero

9: Jon
9: Hawkeye
13: EA
13: Cal
13: Christian
17: Redmond
17: Sleggs
17: Matt2
17: Star
17: Noser
17: William

[/collapse]
[collapse="Doubles"]
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/FR2Kfyn.png
1: zxgrods ($49)
2: Sed and Teb ($21)
3: Sack and Jon
4: Calky
5: Screabs
5: Paulebb2
7: Christian Dog
[/collapse]

[/collapse]

Last edited:

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Great work, Cal!

Due to logistical reasons Brawl won't be making an appearance at this particular event but keep in mind that is subject to change
Can you explain what these logistical reasons are or what would change your mind to include Brawl?

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Lack of both set ups and interest for Brawl compared to the other two games is what influenced my decision. I spoke indirectly to Shaya earlier today and agreed to have a dedicated Brawl set up for friendlies as long as it doesn't interfere with the brackets

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Sounds like a good idea. I only really play Brawl these days in friendlies. My focus is mainly on Melee and Project M as far as competition is concerned.

cheese619

Smash Ace
This looks sick Cal, I'm probably going to be able to make it down for this and we can get our money match in :)

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
Myself and a friend shall be attending this :). We'll bring at least a cube + game, let us know if anything else is needed equipment wise.

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
Also bringing TV's, powerboards, consoles and recording set ups will be a big help
I'm trying to sort out how much room I'll have in my car on the day at the moment. It's likely that I can bring a CRT and power board and extension cord on top of a GameCube and copy of Melee

Dekar289

Smash Hero
after all, who better to revive sydney than its big brother, melbourne

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
Ooo nice! Gotta get hype for this! Been keen for a PM tournament for a while now!
Also if anyone lives around the Western Sydney area and is driving plz let me know, petrol money involved :)! If not I'll do my best with public transport. I can also bring an SD card and Hardrive with PM

Zxv

Smash Lord
Ooo nice! Gotta get hype for this! Been keen for a PM tournament for a while now!
Also if anyone lives around the Western Sydney area and is driving plz let me know, petrol money involved :)! If not I'll do my best with public transport. I can also bring an SD card and Hardrive with PM
I can give you a lift depending on where you live. I live in Rouse Hill.

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
I can give you a lift depending on where you live. I live in Rouse Hill.
Hi Zxv! Sounds great man, I believe it's a little out of your way though, I live in the Mt.Druitt / St.Marys area, but yeah I'll defs put in whatever for petrol I don't mind in that regards, thanks a lot either way though :)!

Zxv

Smash Lord
Hi Zxv! Sounds great man, I believe it's a little out of your way though, I live in the Mt.Druitt / St.Marys area, but yeah I'll defs put in whatever for petrol I don't mind in that regards, thanks a lot either way though :)!
Hmm. Yeah that's like the opposite direction from where I want to go. Is it possible for you to catch a train to Blacktown and I can pick you up from there on the way to the venue?

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
Hmm. Yeah that's like the opposite direction from where I want to go. Is it possible for you to catch a train to Blacktown and I can pick you up from there on the way to the venue?
Yeah that sounds good man, thanks a lot! Whenabouts did you want to leave from Blacktown Station by the way?

Zxv

Smash Lord
Hi Dekar. Also there's a place in Western Sydney that's called Blacktown. It's where a lot of Aboriginals originally settled, so that's what they called it.

The tourney starts at 10, so I'll look to pick you up at about 9:10-9:20.

Gords

Smash Champion
Cal, you should plan 'Sydney Revived' on the 22-23rd feb, just before uni starts up.
i get back into sydney earlier that week

I am hyped for regular tourneys and stuff to actually motivate me to put more time into the game

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Srs question tho Cal why such late notice for this?
Call me naive but I honestly wasn't expecting any attention from Melbourne (or OoS in general) mostly because I assumed you guys would rather just focus on hyping up and attending Miles' tourney and not travel so shortly after on top of plane tickets at the moment being super expensive. If things go well at this tourney I'll organise a proper major :)

logistics?

you're either using the wrong word, or you don't know what it means.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/logistics No I'm using the word correctly... Did you really come here just to say that? lol

Cal, you should plan 'Sydney Revived' on the 22-23rd feb, just before uni starts up.
i get back into sydney earlier that week
Unfortunately for you Gords the revival of a tournament scene doesn't revolve around one member's appearance :p but I'm glad to hear you're keen and I'll keep that in mind when planning next month's tourney

housing !?
Yes, if you somehow make it to this Mr Birds you're more than welcome to stay with me and da boiz (Ted, Andrew (Luke))

Last edited:

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Can we have Project M second?

I'll be arriving later, and taking my Wii with me.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
You'll probably arrive in time for PM singles anyway. Like I mentioned before (in a different way), it's not within the scene's best interest to hold up a bracket or tourney date for one or two people.

With that being said I'm willing to be flexible. Say you show up late but it's only Round 2 then I would be willing to slot you into loser bracket or something.

Last edited:

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
lol not asking you to hold up anything for me; I'm just requesting you have Project M later since you haven't set the order of games yet.

But it sounds like your plan would work out for me anyway. So all good :) thanks

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
So hyped for this! Making sure I put a blank version of PM on another SD card because of how heavily expanded my normal one is. :p

Gords

Smash Champion
Unfortunately for you Gords the revival of a tournament scene doesn't revolve around one member's appearance
are you f'ing serious, as if i would want you to stop a tourney just cause of me.
glad to know you think of me as selfish and self-centered.

Top Bottom