• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Power Rankings v3 {26-12}

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
That's not always true, I haven't had Smash to practice on for at least a year! :9
even after almost a year ago I gave you my amazing loving gamecube.
that thing wouldnt break even if you tried, it was so tank.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Well, we'll be taking note of the performances of players over the next few tournaments (Boost 16, This Is It 2, those who're going to RC, etc)...

What we're looking for mostly is a player who is not only consistant with their placements, but also their attendance.

Placing higher than those currently ranked will also be a huge benefit towards one's consideration. Hopefully we can come across an outstanding player over the next few encounters who we can all agree deserves to be ranked.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you better, I thought I gave it to a good home, but you never give it any attention :(

Zxv

Smash Lord
Yeah man. Keru's definitely good enough to place. Come to a few more and do as well as you did and you'll be a prime candidate for Rankings 2.1.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
keru looks good for the new list as of results of last tourney. I am still keen to be on this list but wasnt at last tourney so it might be hard to place me above someone that was. Last one i went to i lost to patv but am johning based on marth vs sheik gayness and was really close anyway. I believe I would have beat Meteor if i had won, (though i have only played him in friendlies so dont really know) and besides I am better than that now.
Basically i am just stating my case for a spot really, ideally keru should be on the list cause he is good enough, but this has really motivated me to get better so i can make it. I guess it will come down to how we do at TII......

Zxv

Smash Lord
Will probably update this after Robocop, since there's not enough time to discuss before travelling down to Melbourne.

Zxv

Smash Lord
People quit, but nobody takes their place... That's the problem...

The list doesn't actually change, as nobody fills the spots that the leavers create, and hence the list is left unedited.

Keru

Smash Cadet
How do I claim someones spot?

i.e, can I "money"(or in this case rankings) match Gords? Because this one time at my first tourney he cheated me and said I wasn't allowed to change my character when we played a tourney match. Was best out of 3 and we both won one. Then he picked pokefloats I was Marth he was Sheik and I;m like er can I change character he was like no you can't wtf. HE WAS SCARED. (I ended up losing)

MEGA DOUCHE.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
wow what a douche gords lol

k ted uhhh **** idk
u seen dbr evolution right? after trying to copy king i got this good in about a week

Keru

Smash Cadet
"Dan's watching from WoW"
"That ain't King! That ain't Dan's puff!"
"Dan's fishing on WoW!"

Zxv

Smash Lord
How do I claim someones spot?

i.e, can I "money"(or in this case rankings) match Gords?
Consistancy is valued higher than one-off performances.

Then he picked pokefloats I was Marth he was Sheik and I;m like er can I change character he was like no you can't wtf. HE WAS SCARED. (I ended up losing)

MEGA DOUCHE.
He should've asked you if you wanted to change your character after choosing the stage. If he didn't ask, you're always entitled to say "I want to change my character". However, if he asked and you said no, then there's nothing you could've done.

If he didn't ask, then you are at any time welcome to change your character. It's up to the loser to ensure that the winner is comfortable with their character selection before choosing their own.

Keru

Smash Cadet
Consistancy is valued higher than one-off performances.

He should've asked you if you wanted to change your character after choosing the stage. If he didn't ask, you're always entitled to say "I want to change my character". However, if he asked and you said no, then there's nothing you could've done.

If he didn't ask, then you are at any time welcome to change your character. It's up to the loser to ensure that the winner is comfortable with their character selection before choosing their own.
He didn't ask me anything hahahaha I said er I wanna change char and he said no. I'll get him next time...

Gords

Smash Champion
i think gords should be above shaya and meteor... surely lol
I dont really play like i do at majors like robocop where you play me and this is why shaya appears to be better than me as he places higher than me even though i beat him.
the one time shaya beat me was the week before RC where i had about 3 hours sleep within the previous 48hrs, if i where awake he would of been clearly beaten like i have done on many occasion.

M, which I am assuming is Ricky now, appears better than me cause he uses jiggs. if he plays any other character I 2 stock him, except for maybe mewtwo which is generally closer but i still win. Jiggs however i lose to because i am to inconsistant with spacing and and punishing to beat jiggs, since jiggs is floaty and easy to use i get beaten by players i am better than but i cant avoid jiggs attacks and this is why Ricky is placed higher than me.

its not just ricky i lose to cause of jiggs. i lost to splice for the same reason and scabe could probably beat me now to since he uses jiggs. the brawl style jiggs can punish my inconsistant spacing and technique more so than any other character can.

@ keru
i cant beleive you are still on about that, it was almost 12 months ago (or however long ZXV has been in the scene, was at his first tourney) and as far i remember it happened like this. you ban stage, i picked stage (forgeting to call it), we start match, after sometime in the match with me in front you say you wanted to pick fox, and i say no not now.

It wont make a scrap of difference to the rankings now anyway so if you want to prove yourself play me and win the next tourney we are at. shouldn't be to hard since i have lost all motivation to play any game on gamecube since no one has yet to return my memory card from Robocop

Zero

Smash Hero
i've beaten gords recently too.

:O

Also I'm 1 up over ricky I believe.
wut

I thought Ricky won that set before, with like dash attack to rest or something hillarious like that

Yeah I beat Shaya and Keru back in 2009, why aren't I on this PR? :cyclops:

Zxv

Smash Lord
I think money matches over $10 should be legit for review by PR panels.
I'll put them forward for consideration. Up to the players to notify me or unny, though.

Also, guys... Make sure you bring your A-game to the next Boost. There will be playoffs for positions 5 and 7.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I don't like that part where I get hit and then die...but it happens to me in Brawl anyway because Falco's crap.

OK, I'll play Melee.

unreon

Smash Ace
Gords, stop johnning.

My Falco is HORRID against Marth. HORRID. Anyone can beat me with Marth.
Turtle plays Marth, and 3 stocks me all the time.
If Turtle picks Fox, his other main, I get a comfortable win. So easy.
Turtle is still #1, I am still #3.

Replace Turtle with ZXV, Marth with Shiek, and #1 with #2. Same story.

Gords

Smash Champion
Unreon. I am not saying I should be higher than them on the rankings at all. I am saying they are higher on list for the reasons stated.
Shaya places higher and Ricky beats me with jiggs.
If I can't deal with jiggs that my problem. And just cause I beat shaya doesn't mean I should be above him in the rankings. With this logic EA should be higher than Toby in the brawl PR.
The only John I see is losing to shaya due to sleep deprivation.
I'm amazed I'm still on this list with the way i have been playing lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom