• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NSW - Next Event: use discord or facebook i'm lazy

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I know I've missed the coming game but I'd like to come into the next one when it's ready. I think it's high time I start actually going to a tourney.

Gords

Smash Champion
Ok guys. Some announcements.

The next Melee/PM tournament will be held on Sunday the 22nd of March. Check OP for details.

Some of you may have already realized but we have decided to drop the numbering to the Smash City series of tourneys. Since we intend to run regular and multiple tournaments every month we feel it unnecessary to number the tournaments. Along side this we have separated WiiU events from Melee/PM events. There are a few reasons for this however the main reason is we would like to include more events other than singles, such as doubles, money matches, crews , etc, and running all games on the same day does not give sufficient time for us to do so.
From now on tournaments focussed on Smash 4 will be called
Smash City U
And tournaments focussed on Melee and PM will be called
Smash City M
(We still intend to run tournaments that include all games in the future and an announcement of how this will fit into things will be made at a later date)

Also, I have spoken to many members of the community and have found some people that can't attend Saturday events and others that can't attend Sunday events. So starting from next month we aim to alternate which day of the weekend each game is to be held. For example if Melee is on a Sunday for this tournament then the next Melee tournament we will endeavor to hold on a Saturday. I can't guarantee we will be able to keep strictly to this, due to venue availability, etc, however we will do our best.

Gords

Smash Champion
stage lists updated for this Smash City U check the OP
as well as the schedule

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
After winning the tourney I went back to toms and money matched Zxv.
I lost :<
Zxv for 1st on the pr

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Hey guys, its come to our attention that there is another smash group in Sydney that will be holding a tournament on the 22nd of march, the same date as smash city M.

We've yet to talk to the TO but apparently he found out about our event and so out of respect to us, changed his event from melee/pm to smash 4 only.

So if you arent planning on going to smash city M, but you want to play smash 4, go check out their tourney

http://www.reddit.com/r/Sm4shingGoodTime/comments/2szn48/sydney_smash_tournament_mmxv_info/
Maybe put something in the thread title to reflect this other tourneys gords?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
hang onto your butts everyone, it's time to update the PRs again. Expect updates in 2 weeks or so!

(Also looking for people interested being part of a panel for Melee and PM, please send your resume to my inbox)

Gords

Smash Champion
Announcing Smash City Easter.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1413346468978461/

Will feature Melee, Project M and Smash for WiiU

Where: Club Burwood. 97 Burwood Rd, Burwood
Date: 4th April Easter Saturday
Time: 10am - 8:30pm
costs:
$10 venue fee
$5 for each event you are entering

Venue Fee Discount - Bring a WiiU and a Monitor/HDTV (with game mode) to play it on and get your $10 venue fee refunded to you.

Just a reminder guys that there are a couple of tournaments this coming Sunday as well.

Smash City M
Melee and Project M at Phillip lodge Motel Ashfield
156 Parramatta Road Ashfield, New South Wales 2131

Smashing Good Time
Smash WiiU, and Smash 64
UTS Underground, Ultimo

remember its always good to bring TVs and setups if you have them. thanks.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You're ****ed when you get back, mate. :p
It looks terrifying. I can't wait for it, actually - it'll be good to be the understudy again, for a while!

But don't get comfortable! I'll be working my thumbs off to get back on par with you guys when I get back! :grin:

(no really my thumbs have gotten so sore because I wore the control pad off my 3DS and kept playing anyway owwwwww ;_; )

Gords

Smash Champion
Schedule is up for Smash city M, check the Facebook event page to find it
Link in OP

Gords

Smash Champion
Maccas down the road. They have their own restaurant as well however it's not open Sunday's. But any future Saturday bookings we may have at this venue will have their restaurant open for us.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I just wanted to know what the Sydney's stance on customs is/whether they'll be used in the future.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Good luck!! :grin:

This isn't your first tournament isn't it? Still, I think you'll find it just as awesome anyway. :)
Yes, it will be. In fact, due to both lack of awareness and in part my own sloth I was under the impression that there wasn't a Smash scene in Sydney until SmashBoards headlined BAM this year.
I revel at the idea of going to my first tournament and love to largely observe more than compete simply due to my inexperience. I plan to lose spectacularly and not care! :grin: as much.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yes, it will be. In fact, due to both lack of awareness and in part my own sloth I was under the impression that there wasn't a Smash scene in Sydney until SmashBoards headlined BAM this year.
I revel at the idea of going to my first tournament and love to largely observe more than compete simply due to my inexperience. I plan to lose spectacularly and not care! :grin: as much.
Oh gee, then yeah you're going to love it. First tournament is a wonderful thing! Have as much fun as humanely possible. :grin:

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Oh gee, then yeah you're going to love it. First tournament is a wonderful thing! Have as much fun as humanely possible. :grin:
I prefer inhumane fun. :grin:
That's the plan; have fun and aim for the wooden spoon, that way if I beat anyone I'll be staggered.

Top Bottom