• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's all good.

I'm happy with 20 people, and I doubt we'd be below that.

Less people will probably be better this time around, so I can work on some epic tournament organising strats. And then we'll probably have enough time to actually properly bowl.

It would seem this tournament will have pretty equal standings between melee and brawl; yet melee only has 1 TV...

HOWEVER GUYS, IM PRETTY SURE EVEN THOUGH I HAVE 8? TVS CONFIRMED, IM RUNNING SHORT ON A WII OR TWO.
PLEASE BRING YOUR WIIS ANYWAY.

-

Unfortunately, the pool table will be unavailable to play tomorrow. Sorry.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
BUMP.

Get HYPE.

Remember that day light savings starts tonight, so the clocks are GOING FORWARD.
This will mean that if you don't set your clock forward (im looking at you, swordsaint) that the tournament starts at '9am'.

This time around, to have registration actually HAPPEN FASTER, no friendlies until everyone/MAJORITY have registered.
Or I will just dq you.
Fo Shiz.

Reminder that lunch is at 2PM.
I'll probably start actual tournament matches from quarter to 11.
Be forwarned.

heywes

Smash Rookie
Gahh Glitter

Why can't Toby be coming? I wanted to face off against him first to get knocked out early :(
So much for that plan (Wii is packed and ready to go).
Oh, and i have a video camera packed just incase.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
Outrageous

My rival Shrimprock is not coming

My *new* advice giverer toby is not coming

Absolutely outrageous

Furthermore i might not come...

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
For those coming tomorrow. There is a HIGH chance of me running a Pokemon side tournament with a $2 entry fee.

I'll also bring Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, simply because the multiplayer is ****. =)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Scoot:

Sounds awesome Ricky. What Pogeymanz are legal in this tournament? I might have to not abuse my uber legendaries. :(

planetstereo

Smash Ace
ahhhh, have fun today guys without me, i am having infinitely more fun doing my assignments between mosh pits at christian music festivals than at a lousy smash tournament. go figure if im joking or being serious. :)
Haha no i really wish i was there and show you all how much less i can get schooled by you all, oh and school you at pool ;)
laters
stereo

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
pool wasn't there :p

Tournaments over;
Ted/Shaya/Meteor - Brawl Singles
Shaya & S.D/Ted & Luke - Brawl Doubles
CAO/S.D/Turtle - Melee Singles
Someone won melee doubles between Turtle/S.D and Elypsis and Unreon.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
pool wasn't there :p

Tournaments over;
Ted/Shaya/Meteor - Brawl Singles
Shaya & S.D/Ted & Luke - Brawl Doubles
CAO/S.D/Turtle - Melee Singles
Someone won melee doubles between Turtle/S.D and Elypsis and Unreon.
shaya lost to ted again? and ness came third? lol.

and me and ealert beat ted and luke in teams last time. GG.

S.D

Smash Master
gj cao, s.d. turtle
vids shaya go, i expect uploaded in 5 mins kthx?
Melee was being recorded all day long on a dvd recorder but something went wrong and the recordings are ALL ****ED UP. We are hoping Shaya can somehow fix it because there was a lot of quality smash that went down.

Melee GF was fun, very close matches, but Cao was too clutch for me in the end :( Shoutouts to him for being so good <3

Shoutout to Shaya for again being so awesome and hosting another great tournament, still can't get over the awesome venue!

Shaya upload melee doubles finals ASAP plox, was the greatest set in history of world and I can't wait to see. Mainly because me and Liam were commentating on ourselves.

Special shoutout to Unreon for the Thai restaurant, so good!

Everyone else you know I wub you - Turtle and Liam for my dual soulmates + Ted/Luke

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Free wubs for everyone

Also, I think you should change the title of this thread

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Melee was being recorded all day long on a dvd recorder but something went wrong and the recordings are ALL ****ED UP. We are hoping Shaya can somehow fix it because there was a lot of quality smash that went down.

Melee GF was fun, very close matches, but Cao was too clutch for me in the end :( Shoutouts to him for being so good <3

Shoutout to Shaya for again being so awesome and hosting another great tournament, still can't get over the awesome venue!

Shaya upload melee doubles finals ASAP plox, was the greatest set in history of world and I can't wait to see. Mainly because me and Liam were commentating on ourselves.

Special shoutout to Unreon for the Thai restaurant, so good!

Everyone else you know I wub you - Turtle and Liam for my dual soulmates + Ted/Luke

traitor...

tibs7

Smash Champion
GO CAO!!!!!!
and gratz to ted, must've been a pretty epic final.

S.D

Smash Master
Ted played really exceptional well, and while I don't feel Shaya was at all on top of his game it was nevertheless very impressive to behold. As usual the epic factor was increased greatly via commentary. Melee doubles finals SHAYA!

Edit: Bored as anything at work so I might try some shoutouts.

CAO: You ****. Plain and simple - I feel like I'm getting close but you're just too clutch for me (3 stock to 1 comeback :() Thanks for coming to visit us and as always fun to hang out with you. Yay for Thai! Bring a spare jacket next time.

Turtle: We is 2 gud. But srsly we sorta suck, we need to play way better at Rocky and maybe not kill each other so much. Oh wells, doubles GF was prob most fun I've had playing smash and nice to see you as always <3

Liam: I love you. Thanks for existing. You have all the answers + you're a funny dude and commentary is always fun, especially when we're commentating on our own matches! Grats on beating me in Brawl. I thought maybe I had it won but you came back and stole it away. Grats on 4th! Ps: Play more melee you have potential.

Unny: Jason! Great to see you and thanks so much for coming and bringing equipment too. You're so much fun to play against and hang around with - great call on the Thai place too it was awesome. Thanks for the games and sorry for making you laugh too much to play properly in doubles finals XD

Shaya: Thanks again for another great tournament. I've said it a thousand times but the venue really is amazing. Thanks for winning teams with me this time, sorry I fail at port priority stuff and landing the killer blow coz I'm too busy taunting. Imagine if we'd lost lol. Next time let me finish bowling :p

Ted: Big ups for the win - was very impressive to see you take out such a disadvantaged match, not once - but twice! You seem to be constantly improving and peaking at the right time for Rocky.

Luke: Ah Luke, what can I say - you're a top guy and always fun to be around. 2 gud 4 me in brawlz I thought I could have won with Diddy but silly Snake lived for too long and got me with the u tilit x3 IT'S JUST NOT FAIR! But seriously you earned your revenge :)

Leisha: Lovely seeing you again, we didn't get to play at all this time but you're really cool and I enjoy your attitude towards certain players with neckbeards - splendid portrait btw. Thanks for commentating too, will see you at ROCKY.

Ricky: I haven't really played you in anything in ages, but you're so **** it might be a good thing. Bl on losing to Shaya but even taking a game in that matchup is really something, well done on your placing!

Bjay: We didn't play at all AGAIN apart from doubles XD It is a worrying trend we must rectify. Awesome as always to see you and its a shame you had to leave and forfeit melee doubles :(

Jaz: JAZ! Thanks so much for coming along, especially since you had other things on too. Your presence always adds a lot to smash events and you're still a rapist in melee. Thanks for the games and the stories :)

Gords: Dude you've come a long way and you're still improving, nice work taking a game off me and nearly knocking me out before brackets. Melee game coming along well too keep it up.

EA: Same to you, well done on taking your first tourney game off me! You played really well and you earned it, silly ice climbers with their touchy feely grabs making me feel all helpless. Great to see the level of improvement in your game.

Scoot: ZOMG could we have had a closer set? I guess you were just a little too clutch for me in the end after I messed up my edgeguarding - but srsly 158% each last game last stock generally means it's been a good set. Well done on the win and your placing.

Iso: Hadn't seen you in ages, and sadly didn't get to talk to you too much throughout the day. Only played you in Brawl doubles but your oli is evil and I don't really know what to do about it XD Well done on your placing too!

Stu: Great that you could make it along. GGs in melee and as always nice talking to you.

Tim and Daz: What to say... hi :) Thanks for running to chris it helped a lot - thanks for being tim tim it helped a lot.

Shoutouts to the new people that I met, I didn't get to see much of you guys coz I seemed to be running around busily all day but thanks to those of you I played and it was nice to meet you.

Overall I think as far as brawl goes I have the ability to do well, but my placings just aren't reflecting that atm. Losing all the close games, but yeah I guess I'm becoming something of a wildcard in the Sydney Brawl scene, so watch out for me if I'm having a good day at Rocky XD

As for melee - so near yet so far yet again... darn CAO

Also shoutouts to bowling ppl - we is 2 gud. I missed unnys turkey :(

Gords

Smash Champion
Gords: Dude you've come a long way and you're still improving, nice work taking a game off me and nearly knocking me out before brackets. Melee game coming along well too keep it up.
thanks Sam, and i really enjoyed our melee bracket match, i believe that was the first time i have actually versed you in tournament other than the crew match where you owned me with grabs. i seam to play better melee when under tournament pressure but i still kept making so many stupid mistakes like not grabing the ledge when you where recovering with Falco.
starting to think and play the same way i do in doubles but in singles seams to be starting to pay off. Look forward to playing you more at Rocky.
Also shoutouts to bowling ppl - we is 2 gud. I missed unnys turkey :(
was was more funnier is that after unny's turkey is that Cao only needed two pins for them to beat you and tom, but got a stike anyway.:laugh:

S.D

Smash Master
Yeah I'd be super excited only that I have a **** off large amount of uni work to get through before then plus working full time at a job I don't even get paid for. Smash will be sweet relief until I get knocked out and rage. Ps: **** my avatar is hawt, I might start writing in pink to enhance the effect.

D0N

Smash Ace
A wolf came 4th @ HOBO. There popping up everywhere. Good thing I know the match up now. Hopefully I won't forget it.

So exactly who is that in your avatar anyway S.D?

S.D

Smash Master
My Girlfriend
I wish

Nah, it's Vanessa Hudgens - she was in the tremendously successful high school musical franchise, starring as the sickly sweet braniac, Gabriella Montez. She has since launched a solo singing career and is currently continuing to pursue film opportunities, starring in movies such as Bandslam and Suckerpunch.

Oh and I wub her <3

D0N

Smash Ace
LOL are you kidding D0N.....tsk tsk i am disappointed
I'll LOL when you lose to him at Rocky and I don't :laugh:

S.D I've definately heard of the name and franchise before, I just never watched the movie.

tibs7

Smash Champion
D0N i was talking bout the vanessa hudgens thingo......
but yeah with ted i may lose thats for sure.

D0N

Smash Ace
Oh that lol. Yea It's a real shame. I actually didn't know who she was until yesterday when I was bored and browsed the internet... I'm pretty bad when it comes to movies and famous people.

Top Bottom