• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nstv

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Hi there!

I came here to announce the next addition to the NST tournament series. I know it's a bit late but we didn't want to announce it without a confirmed venue. Here's some of the most important stuff if any foreigner considers coming.

Place: This time the venue will be in Barcelona, not in the proximities like other times. A how to get there part will be developed soon (maybe if there's no interest I'll skip that)

Timetables: The hours in the post are the times the venue will be open (everyone can sleep there!!). The brawl tourney will start on saturday at 10.30 am and will have teams after singles end, somewhere around the afternoon. Same for Sunday and Melee.

The venue fee is 10 euros and the 4 tournaments (Brawl and melee for both singles and teams) are 5 euros each. There's a chance of some more smaller events like always, with 1 euro entry fee or just free. It'd probably be one or two of these: amateur bracket, low tiers, mid tiers, mk banned tourney or crew battles.

Rules

Brawl: usual stuff. 3 stocks 8 minutes. LGL of 25 in case of there is a timeout. Usual stuff that is banned is banned here too (MKs cape glitch stuff). No infinites are banned but they must end quickly after 200% to avoid stalling via not letting the enemy move.

First match blind pick is used. after it winner bans a stage, loser choses a stage, winner choses a character, loser choses a character. Same happens if the set continues.

Starter Stages (via striking system)
Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Final Destination.
Counterpick Stages
Frigate Oprheon, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino, Halberd, Castle Siege.

BRINSTAR IS BANNED.

Melee if I'm not mistaken:
4 stocks 7 minutes.
Starters: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story.
Counterpicks: Jungla Kongo 64, Fountain of Dreams (last one not allowed in teams)

Everything else I think is pretty explicit, if there's any doubt about more concrete rules please feel free to ask. I think we need to talk again the suicide rule in brawl, so I'll update when we know about that. Not sure about infinites either, maybe they end up banned lol, not like it matters since no one do them anyways (Except climbers who wouldnt have their infinites banned anyways)

http://smashbrosspain.com/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=4920 here's a list of the players assisting. The melee list has yet to be updated, but all the top players should be in attendance too.

If you need housing either post in the spanish forums, here, or PM me. I hope to see more foreign people than in NST4, although Im not sure if many people will come considering how late was this posted :/

Also, this is not ngamers, most videos will be recorded like always are. People that have to want their matches saved will have wiis with codes for them to play there.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww already have a tourney 29th :(

Zaar

Smash Rookie
I had to make a account to say...

I'll be going! as a melee player!

I'm from Barcelona btw

For any international player who wants to come i can offer a place to stay.

Cheers!

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Wtf there are streets in France where you have to pay to drive on it...

Just checked Flights etc.

Not under 200€...

NOOOOPE.

Zaar

Smash Rookie
It's a shame tickets are so expensive...

I really would like seeing an international crowd.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Lol how come tickets from holland are 130-150 :o

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Lol how come tickets from holland are 130-150 :o

and the tourney you have is in holland I guess so no dutchies around either xD

from what I see I don't think we have foreigners this year, see you at another tourney then!

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there was way too short a time, otherwise i'd definitly consider it. Would have been fun.

Greward

Smash Lord
we host a tournament called NST once per year but we use to host more tournaments in spain every year.
i didnt know you posted it here marc, maybe we change the stage ruleset (no brinstar is sure though)

Flayl

Smash Hero
You should have posted this a lot earlier, I managed to come the last time because tickets were about 80€

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
You should have posted this a lot earlier, I managed to come the last time because tickets were about 80€
I'm not hosting it this time because im out of the country and they didnt get the venue earlier.

Actually it was not long ago that the hosts decided to host it, wish they had decided earlier like in 09 and 2010 but they couldnt D:.

Hope to see you guys next time!

Top Bottom