• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nowhere Land, Texas - Results Thread

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Tournament results for Nowhere Land, Texas! We had a pretty good little turnout!

Project M Singles:
1: Sethlon ($172.00)
2: CT | TLOC Denti ($36.00)
3: Awstin ($12.00)
4: Oracle
5: Infinity
5: Dr. Dru
7: Bluezaft
7: Problem0
9: Dojo
9: Darkgun
9: Luck
9: AeroLink
13: LKG
13: Hammr
13: Tripp
13: Rel
17: IRL Rascal
17: BOOM
17: Ricecake
17: Bec
17: Matt
17: CORY
17: Cross
17: Wade

[collapse="Bracket."]
[/collapse]

Doubles Bracket:
1: Fire Flower (Sethlon & Denti) ($66.00)
2: Game Goons (Awstin & Problem0) ($33.00)
3: Mad Science (Dr. Dru & Bluezaft) ($11.00)
4: AeroLuck (AeroLink & Luck)
5: Combo Me Please (CORY & Hammr)
5: Daddy Issues (Darkgun & Tripp)
7: Vyrulent (Wade & Matt)
7: Sexy Crunch (Infinity & Dojo)
9: Almond Milk (Ricecake & IRL)
9: Just Look at the Flowers (Rel & LKG)
9: Dead Pests (Bec & Cross)

[collapse="Bracket"]

http://imgur.com/ItmkTbg[/collapse]

Turbo Mode Results:
1: Sethlon ($7.00)
2: Luck
3: Awstin
4: Darkgun
5: CT | TLOC Denti
6: Oracle
7: Tripp

Last edited:

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
shout outs:

thanks Dr. Dru the Dragon Slayer for the warm up practice you gave me man... I feel like it really helped. And congrats on kicking my butt! that was fun man.
thanks CORY for the mm. Sorry for being so salty afterwards.... I'm just hitting walls with my game play atm. Congrats on the wins.
thanks to all the turbo mode contestants... dudes that was so silly it was totally worth it :D
thans to the Brownwood crew... GOOD STUFF GUYS!... We should play soon.
Luck Good games bro! and lunch was fun!
um... DG... sorry bro shout outs a bit of a downer for ya this time... Next time we host a tourney we need to have a mini tourney first to play with the equipment bud. We had to many hick ups on stuff we shouldn't of had.

And the biggest thank you of all... thank you EVERYONE!... this was a ton of fun for me. It was nice having everyone down here and for a tourney we thought was going to be a bust it was fun having all 22 contestants. I plan on hosting one again this summer (this time I'm running it) and i think it will be great... I hope you all had fun!

Last edited:

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Please send me the tio file so I cnan put it in the pr
Sent via Facebook. If you don't get it for some reason, PM me here and I'll try again with dropbox or something like that.

Right, so some quick things! First off, thanks for bringing down the stream setup! That was quite a bit of fun to have around. With that in mind, you guys left a three foot HDMI cable at the venue, which I picked up and have sitting in the back seat of my truck at present. If that is anyone's in particular, I'll happily find a way to return that when next I see you (I'll be going to the Norman, OK event, for example.). Also, I'm not quite sure what happened to it, but my GC controller's gone missing. It has what look like "^" marks (used to be six, though I think one or two have worn off by now) drawn in sharpie around the joystick. I'm still looking around here, but if you happen across it, I'd love to get that back when next we meet.

Oh, and as an exciting piece of news, the venue owner (who was completely unfamiliar with what could happen with a game tournament) was pretty pleased with how everything went this tournament for the shop and is definitely going to be allowing us to host tournaments in the future! Until then, if there's anything you'd like to suggest to help things run a bit more smoothly, or to improve how things go as a whole, feel free to post them here.

Last edited:

LeevisKG

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to everyone
I bodied with Zero Suit. Shoutouts to AeroLink and Bluezaft for beating me. Good job by the TOs, although doubles was hella rigged

Top Bottom