• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
what is it with Toon Link, Pit, Ike getting most of the votes?? anyway like you might guess I chose Bowser because he's simply PWNS ALL!! plus i've always been maining him ever since my Melee days

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Samus. She may have been nerfed, but I'm determined to keep maining her. I love Metroid, and I mained her in Melee, so...yeah.

XZealot

Smash Rookie
Hello peoples :)

I just joined smashboards and I thought I might just pop in this thread. Anyways, my mains are Ike and Marth, my secondary's are King DDD and Wolf. I voted for Marth though :chuckle:

F1rsTxLas7

Smash Rookie
Kirby. I've played as Kirby since the 1st game. I guess I'm just the most comfortable with him. It's hard for me to get really used to another character than Kirby.

DarkStar92

Smash Cadet
My main is: Marth
Other mains are: Metaknight and Toon link
Other fun characters are: Pit, Wolf, Falco, Ike and Sonic

lol @ poll. i also always call him ganondork;)

Wingman

Smash Rookie
tough choice

my three, in order from best to worst is ike, sonic, and pit. ike because of his sheer power, sonic because of his sheer speed, and pit because of his sheer jumping ability.

MetaMaster128

Smash Rookie
Here is my list:
Main: Meta Knight cause i like his style
Main Fast character: Tied between Fox, Falco and Sonic
Main Heavyweight King Dedede cause he is so powerful
Secondaries: Wolf=Awesome
Marth=Melee Main
Toon Link=Young Link who i was good with in melee
Captain Falcon=Who doesn't like hearing FALCON PUNCH

Kraxil

Smash Rookie
Lucario of course.

-Floaty
-Blue Aura Flame attacks confuse players not used to the flames ability to remain.
-Alt. Costumes are cool.
-Looks cool.
-Dair and U-Tilt are God.
-Online opponents will sometimes get scared when I have a fully charged blast and play erratically(shielding a lot, some use reflectors a lot)
-Did I mention the Dair which can break shields, send the enemy is any direction I please, stop momentum, and prevent juggling?

Live N' Learn

Smash Rookie
Hey, I played Sonic for a very long time, but I decided I did'nt like his Hit-and-Run tactics and his lacking attack power and Special Attacks. So one day I just got bored and picked up Captain Falcon. Turns out I'm pretty good as him, so I'm sticking with him. My other characters in order are

1. Captain Falcon
2. Ike
3. Sonic
4. Snake

Seven Sinner

Smash Rookie
Ganondork, all of his moves are just too perfect for me. I love how he can send just about anyone flying in a matter of seconds. It's surprizing, though... I was never good with heavyweights, so I was shocked at how much I loved using the Gerudo King.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Mains:
Diddy (First in order) - I knew this guy would end up being my main ever since I had been anticipating Brawl's release. Stuck true to his character. :)
King Dedede - This one came as a shock - to me the most fun heavyweight, and the pink costume is overpowered. :bee:
Ike - Above, without the pink costume, though his vanguard costume is awesome.
Ganondorf - Above, white beard and white hair, OLD MAN GANON FTW.

JVMetaknight

Smash Rookie
I like the style of Lucas at the moment...but I think it's just a phase I'm going through.

I'll always have you, Metaknight. <3

Wangler

Smash Rookie
As odd as it sounds, I prefer to main with Fox. He's just so easy for me to use. I've tried Wolf, and didn't find him to my liking. Falco's reflector is nice, but just awkward for me. I 've been practicing with his shine too, and I know my friends aren't pros, but they can't touch me if I get them off the edge, they're dead.

Wangler

Smash Rookie
I used to use pikachu in Melee. I was a one mouse wrecking crew. But I don't like him in Brawl. Though he does seem upgraded for some reason. Faster I think.

Killer-Katnip

Smash Cadet
Yay luigi! This is a really good game. Though never owning a game cube or melee left me with skills from the original was a bit awkward at first.

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
I like wolf, for several reasons

1) Cause regualr wolves are cool

2) Cause this wolf is a beast

Seruiously, he's got a pretty good moveset, and semi-decent grabs. WHat could be better? :p

Osi

Smash Ace
I'm a peach main, I just love how she plays in brawl.

I'm also using samus, fox, D3, and jiggly for the times where peach just doesn't fit right. Like against a MK lol.

Eddiot101

Smash Rookie
Toon Link

I started out in brawl playing meta knight, he was just so dang cool lol, but then I started playing as Toon Link and loved it. He's a good mix of speed and power and just all around awesome. Lately though I have been playing Fox for a change of pace.

Top 5
1. Toon Link
2. Fox
3. Ike
4. Lucario
5. Snake (hes on here just cause I wish I could play him well. I must say it's a beautiful sight to see a good snake player :bee:)

Psyche131

Smash Rookie
I played the japanese version and really liked diddy kong and lucario, so i tried them out once the english version came out. I liked how they each had something different, diddy kong with his nanerz and asortment of fast half comboish things. I also liked lucario because he had a very steady way of fighting, but i didnt like that they each had distinct weaknesses. I was just recently messing around with PT and i really love him. He can adapt to each situation, and each pokemon is awesome, so i just like being able to have so many options, thats why i chose to main him, he really has the best aspects of every character "archetype", though its very very vauge in brawl, basically its fast/medium/slow, but that is very vauge and undefined.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
I played Pit when it first came out. I was decent, and I sorta just puttered along while maining Pit.

Then, one day, I played Meta Knight.

My life changed. He just perfectly works with me, his near-lagless aerial game complemented by his quick ground moves, most of which put the foe in the air for aforementioned near-lagless aerials, and his total haxorz Neutral B.

... In conclusion, I voted Meta Knight. :)

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
When I first played Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I fell in love with Pit. But after playing the game numerous times at home and learning the techniques of each character, I don't play Pit anymore; rather, I seem to lean towards Sheik, Diddy Kong, and Ness.

icicleblade

Smash Apprentice
It was a really close one between Pit and Ike for me, but I chose Pit because I'm slightly more comfortable playing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom