• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gantrain05

Smash Master
so im gonna say, in melee i played with ganondorf all the time and got good enough to do very well in tournament level with him, although never winning to the faster marths and shieks, i think i did him justice, and then i discovered dr. mario and his awesome combo potential, but in brawl all my favorite characters seemed to get gimped which i didnt like at first, but now i found a new light, bowser, yeah i dont know why but he just seems faster and stronger and just all around better, and anyways, someone gotta be usin the big green lizard.

Nekorion

Smash Apprentice
I'm stuck somewhere between favoriting toon link, lucas and pokemon trainer.

Pokemon trainer each time I play with him feels more and more like something I could get used to. A character that not many people will use but I'll still find use for.

Toon link feels comfortable. He feels like I've already play as him before. I don't know, he feels exactly like a character should ideally play as too me. It's a bold statement but don't tell me you didnt feel that instant familiarity the first time you tried him.

Lucas is pretty much took everything i hate about ness and fixed it, then put it on another character. :p

I wish someone could pick my main for me in these types of situations. It's a pity I have to grow to learn who that is on my own.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Marth, i love him in Melee but Mario was my main

Now in Brawl hes just as good if not better, and his Final smash boosted his status for me

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
surprisingly, i've gravitated towards Olimar, pissing off all my friends (who can't seem to fight him well)

i've also gravitated towards PK trainer and Robot. but i still havn't been able to try a lot of characters enough, like ike, dedede, diddy, lucas, meta-knight, and any of the old characters.

(ouch, 0 votes for donkey kong...)

Deception

Smash Ace
The mighty Ganondorf is once again my main, and I love his new style of play. SP, how dare you disrespect your melee main.

I have quite a few seconds, though. I'm surprisingly good with Diddy, and Meta Knight turned out to be good second as well. My other seconds are Wolf, Zelda, and Mr. Game&Watch.

gmony

Smash Rookie
Me link

I would choose link because hes pretty well rounded, fast range (boomerang) powerful long range (arrows) and explosive range (bombes). his special up is also good area attack. I like his grab too

DarKKight0258

Smash Rookie
Not only is Sonic fast that makes it easy to grab but he's a good counter for Ike and his god **** up-B move. He's so hard to edge guard. Plus has back-A in mid air hits hard. Other then that I like Marth, he was one of my best in melee.

nyrhockey

Smash Rookie
I don't really have a main because I go through these weird cycles where I am good with one character, and then the next day I am good with another. I like Game & Watch, but I am probably best with Samus.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I went with Diddy this time.

It's really a tie between Olimar and Diddy, as I love them both equally.

I went with Olimar last time, it's only fair, but I main them both.

Plus, well, Ive had great luck with Diddy lately online, winning 90% of the matches I play online with him.

And, probably made one Link want to NEVER use the Gale Boomerang again

*Be prepared for a long story...well, kinda*

So, in this online match, it ended up as sudden death, Me (Diddy), a Toon Link, and a Link.

Toon Link is killed early, and now it's just me and Link.

He shoots me with an arrow that hits, I fly back, and grab the edge (Were on PictoChat), and then he throws the gale boomerang, which goes past me. As it comes back though... I jump up into it, and it pulls be back to him. When the boomerang (And me) get right up to Links face, before he catches the boomerang, I kick him in his face, and win the match.

Anyway, Im more in love with Diddy now for online and maining and such, but Olimar will always be my favorite character.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
I main Weegee, cause hes the one and only Luigi:bee:! I just love that guy, his role in any game he appears in is too good. The others I main are ;

ROB, for being the robot that firez lazorz!
Ganon, too cool.
And King D3, gotta love him:)! He always seems to be the one who saves the day:laugh::laugh:!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Toon Link looks to be "the one" for me.

I also really enjoy Luigi, and Ike (a little less than Luigi) as well... but Toon Link is incredible, and I really enjoy playing as him.

CDplayerNotMP3

Smash Rookie
I wanted to try out Brawl when it came out. Basically, I went over to my friend and played it. (I don't have a Wii and I might just get one simply for Brawl... maybe) He was playing as Metaknight and I just picked Diddy Kong to try out. When I played Diddy, all of his moves just flowed nicely for me. I think I'll main Diddy and find another character to try out in case I get tired of Diddy.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
I wanted to try out Brawl when it came out. Basically, I went over to my friend and played it. (I don't have a Wii and I might just get one simply for Brawl... maybe) He was playing as Metaknight and I just picked Diddy Kong to try out. When I played Diddy, all of his moves just flowed nicely for me. I think I'll main Diddy and find another character to try out in case I get tired of Diddy.
if you like diddy's flow, try using sonic and luigi, they have the same kind of floaty fast combos and hits.

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
I've always mained Link so that's probably who I'll end up with but I'm liking alot of characters right now, toon link, wolf, pit, MK, Lucas, Zelda, Pika, Kirby and Samus is always fun and I play with more but I just don't have time to mention them

mtzionlions

Smash Rookie
Lucas > Ness Sticks > Bats

I was always a die hard Ness fan, from n64 to melee, but I have found that he isn't half as cool, popular, sweet, awesome, and how do I say it? Better than Ness.

Way Better.

If only he had that cool Pink and Black Brett "The Hitman" Hart outfit that Ness has...

nothing like spamming pk fire into the wall. and on large stages, that pk thunder is so so so annoying.

although i do love it when I use Pitt's shield and throw back any projectile into your friends face...satisfaction...

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I chose Fox ever since I was reintroduced to the Star Fox series in Star Fox: Assault. Despite the horrible storyline and short missions, I enjoyed the gameplay. From Assault I went and picked up Adventure, it was alright. Then moved to 64 which became one of the best out of them all. I was actually introduced to the game since Star Fox 64, my friend had owned it but I didn't actually play it but merely saw him playing it. After that, I got Command and thought that was the WORSE out of all three. Since then, Fox has become my favorite character.

Pvt. Falcon

Smash Apprentice
Wario. The lack of wario rep saddens us. My name and avatar decieve you. I'm a Wario-man. (no pun intended lolz)

Oh yeah, the Wario Waft is amazing. So is eating items.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Pit is my kinda character. Multiple jumps, beastly reflectors, those wicked arrows, nearly unmatched recovery, and an embarrassing voice.

Who ELSE would I pick with these features?

Dan2056

Smash Rookie
In melee I used to play Falco then switched to Sheik, and was very satisfied. She was very powerful and I learned to play her well, but in Brawl... well, she's not so much, but I'll try the challenge of using her as a main. If Sheik doesn't cut it I'll use Zelda the most due to her being improved so much (she has ridiculous smash attacks and her overb is amazing now). It almost seems they wanted Zelda to be used over Sheik in this one, a change of heart from Zelda/Sheik in melee where Sheik was where it was at.

1)Zelda/Sheik
Alternatives (haven't been able to narrow this down more yet): Wolf, Snake, Marth, Toon Link

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
It is interesting to read the reasons people think when selecting their characters. I would like to open a thread about this.

I would say they consider 5 things:

- The love for the character
- The fighting style
- The "comfortable" factor
- Power (if they feel powerful or competitive with the character)
- Special Moves Arsenal (including final smash)

I usually go for the fighting style and special moves. That's why Ness was my main in Melee. I liked his mix of psychic, bare handed and weapon fighting style. Also, his B moves had different and interesting uses.

In Brawl I pick Kirby because of the love for the character, the copy fighting style and his B moves (including copy too). I really like Cook Kirby becuase is funny, annoying to enemies and can damage an give you items and health after the dinner is ready xD

Pit is comfortable and I like his fighting style and his character (being an angel). His B moves are excellente except for his Final Smash which I don't like.

I also like Lucas, for his fighting style, B moves (all of them) , and the character (peaceful and shy, but brave and talented).

I like Wario for his B moves, and specially for his Wario Man final smash.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
OK. Let's start from SSB:

Ness
Yoshi
Kirby

And in Melee:

Ness
Zelda
Samus

When Brawl was about to come out, these were the 5 characters I would main.

Lucas
Ness
Ike
Dedede
Pit

And this is what's happened:

I've been maining Lucas, with a little Ness there too. To be honest, I expected to play more Ness than what I do now.

I love how Ike plays, he has a tank-y feel, which I like. It's unlike what Bowser was, or even Ganondorf. I love playing as Ike much more than any other heavyweight for some reason.

Next point: I didn't like Dedede. I play him a bit, but not even close to what I was expecting. Oh well.

I didn't like how Pit played at all, either. My little brother does play him a lot though. Maybe that's why I grew to dislike him.

Now comes the surprizes:

-I love me some Pokemon Trainer. I've been using him a lot. I like how each Pokemon plays. I don't know if I'll bring him as a full force main as Ike, Lucas and, well, next surprize:

-Zelda and Samus. I dropped Yoshi and Kirby from SSB to Melee. Not because they apparently sucked... (I did stay with Ness when he was hit with the nerf bat) but because I wanted to start anew with the constant being Ness. That was the plan for Brawl, but here's the thing...

I can't let go of Zelda and Samus. My girls have grown too much on me. I have been playing more Zelda than Samus though. I've also given Shiek and SSZ a spin. I like their counterparts better though, but, we'll see how it plays out.

To recap:

-I have a pool of Lucas, Ness, Zelda, Samus, Ike and Pokemon Trainer. Who knows with who I'll settle with. I don't want to main like, just 3, but I don't want to go overboard and end up sucking as everyone.

firebird34

Smash Apprentice
Pit and game and watch are my mains pit because of his side B and game and watch because of his throw

Nightsorrow

Smash Rookie
I went with ZSS I'm finding her to be my dream Super Smash Bros. character right now; fast fairly durable with strong air + ground KOs :bee:

RyjinX

Smash Apprentice
How'd I know Ike's broken *** would be at the top. I love using R.O.B. good maneuverability and utility.

Tark

Smash Rookie
Jiggs all the way.........First Smash Character on MTV ( Thankyou Killa OR )

RedTone

Smash Cadet
Pikachu for me!
For what?
Playing a character I like and getting good with them makes it 10x more enjoyable, whether it's for playing smash.. or just plain liking the character.
As for competitive play I'm for Pikachu also with a few others on the side, but as for my best it's Pikachu over all

Sub_7

Smash Rookie
There is nothing more satisfying than anticipating your opponent and meeting them with a f-smash by my man Ike.

Toon Link imo has a better metagame than marth this time around, he is so versatile and just all around good.

Thats me .02 anyway.

plato2

Smash Rookie
Olimar FTW

Olimar is my main my sig shows my others but Just getting 5-6 non purple pikmin on someone can rack up to 180% dmg no character has such a cheap over b. Plus his purple pikmin smashes can kill ppl around 100% +

Celes

Smash Rookie
i main DeDeDe and voted for him =) i have all his moves down aside from the Ftilt(i usually smash it by accident T.T) i also learned to foxtrot and turn around in a fox trot for loads of Bair action just for DDD ^^
my secondaries would be Peach(used her as a joke against my friend because its his best character and i owned him with her :o) Diddy kong(i suck major *** with Diddy but i love how he plays. working on it ^^) and finally toon link cuz hes just so fluid when i use him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom