• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Complex Crew Challenge

Zoap

Smash Master
does it matter, neither of them have isai which makes crew battles epic, and im not talking about him playing either :psycho:

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Hey chok if we don't have our complete crews it really doesn't matter. But here's the thing: I want our entire crew to participate in every battle. What we can do though is send out our first player even if the others aren't there, and then do portions of the crew battle each time our members meet. That way we wouldn't need everyone at the same place at the same time, which isn't likely to happen.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
what is love, by Haddaway

the actual lyric is "lady don't hurt me" not baby.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
well as for this crew battle

WE NEED TO GET THIS $hit started im amped up

as for the whole surpassing FTA thing goes

were nowhere near FTA cuz our best player is as good as everyone in there entire crew

i dunno if we ever surpass them its possible we can get on there level its cuz of them we gathered alot of mindgames if we played more ppl i think our crew could be pretty solid

im not focused really on surpassing anyone i jus don't wanna get pwned by FTA anymore or chok or anybody that pwned me in the past i used to get 4stocked by alotta people and so did others in our crew my goal for team pauk neccessarly is get revenge on anyone who pwned or beat us

also Jamie(Park) is considering to plan another tourney soon so practice up Nova!!!!!!!!!:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :psycho: :psycho: :psycho: :dizzy: :dizzy:

park5150

Smash Ace
well as for this crew battle

WE NEED TO GET THIS $hit started im amped up

as for the whole surpassing FTA thing goes

were nowhere near FTA cuz our best player is as good as everyone in there entire crew

i dunno if we ever surpass them its possible we can get on there level its cuz of them we gathered alot of mindgames if we played more ppl i think our crew could be pretty solid

im not focused really on surpassing anyone i jus don't wanna get pwned by FTA anymore or chok or anybody that pwned me in the past i used to get 4stocked by alotta people and so did others in our crew my goal for team pauk neccessarly is get revenge on anyone who pwned or beat us

also Jamie(Park) is considering to plan another tourney soon so practice up Nova!!!!!!!!!:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :psycho: :psycho: :psycho: :dizzy: :dizzy:
yo, word up....we need to play some peeps...anyway I might throw that tourney, so I'll keep you guys posted

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I'll always try to make it. I have weekends off but the sooner I know the date the sooner I can look for a ride. I hella want to play you guys. I'll see who else I can bring too. Tyde is the toughie, he works on Saturdays :(. But like I said before we can always start it without him then have his matches another day.

park5150

Smash Ace
Team Pauk [this saturday at yoshi town]:
Chok-not show
HmW-will show
Park-will show
MiCk- not show
EDy-will show
Conner-not show

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i guess that makes us the worst crew in norcal LlolOlLOLO:

so i have a new goal for our crew: instead of wanting power and winning crew battles, i wanna follow the footsteps of palmdale and arlington and add any decent modesto smasher that we meet to the crew.

new member as of 3/17:
Michael (link/samus)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol? take another look at the bracket son. i practically eliminated the entire crew and then some. choknater here isn't scared, and neither is pauk. we'll gladly accept another crew challenge when the time comes around. tough luck for getting a counter pick on the first match (or perhaps you guys strategized that shiznit.) we'll accept defeat, for now.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Yeah, how many did you take out? 3? But look at the rest...I took out the guy who took out Park, who was then finished off by Tomi. Catnip took out Palafrak. Chris took out Waffles. AND we took the first two spots of doubles. So.....besides yourself, Pauk got mopped in the tourney too.

Although Park was ****** the hell out of me in freindlies.....tht Yoshi's is sooo fun.

Zoap

Smash Master
KFC, are u joking me.

Zelda = Sheik

One of Zelda's moves is Down B, You cant ban a move from a crew battle, therfore if someone elects to choose Sheik/Zelda, They have a right to change into either of them.

If you want to debate this then next time I play a Falco in Crews I will ban Neutral B, Seeing as banning of moves is ok.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
BTW nova complex isnt from sac, they are from rancho/wherever tomi and hair are, so when you say nova complex is a noob crew who **** talks a lot, dont get confused. thx!

DRGN

Technowizard
Zelda: One Entity or Two? ONE GOD**** IT!! lol

I don't talk ****... :*(

P.S.

oh shutup, crew battles are wierd. lol. chok would have ***** drgn if he didnt bend the rules and changed into zelda.
:(

I bent the rules? Man, I really hate the ideology that I should stick to one or the other in crew battles. I consider Zelda & Sheik both as aspects of a single character.

What is a factor that makes a top or high teir character top or high teir, and prevail often in tournament? Well one thing is their ability to do well against, or at the very least go even with, a relatively high percentage of the other characters in the game.

Consider this: Marth's chain-grabs against a Fox or Falco (I know they're different, but they're close enough that i'm grouping them together for a minute here (and if you broadend this area you could probably fit Falcon in here too)) is a very useful technique, and extremely valuable to giving marth a fighting chance in those match-ups. But that aspect of Marth only helps him to that degree in those match-ups, and he has other strategies & techniques for those other situations. When you think about how many match-ups Sheik does well in, or goes even with, then think about how many of those Zelda contributes, and then cancel out redundant matchups, you get an amount that is average with the current top & high teirs (with only one or two of those matches thanks to Zelda). Zelda is simply another aspect of the character's ability, just like Marth's specific aspect of chain-grabs against Fox/Falco or any other characters that have specific techniques that primarily help them out in certain matchups/scenarios. It's their saving grace in only a few select matchups.

For those who don't get what i'm saying: (this is actually less accurate, and doesn't explain my point as well, but it's simpler)
Pretend Marth, Falcon, and Falco either do well against -or are a good match-up against- an average of 21 characters. And say Sheik does well against or is a good match-up against 19 characters, and Zelda maybe 7 characters. Then you cancel out the characters that they both can deal with, and you get only one or two extra additions to her(Zelda & Sheik) overall matchups. Equaling about 21.​

Also consider that for the most part, Zelda doesn't offer a better match-up than Sheik does against a given character (all it does is give me a different way to fight the fight), in fact many match-ups easily begin to move in the opposite direction of a 'better' match-up. Why would taking away those few additional match-ups be fair? It's simply the same character using different attacks for different matches, just like many other characters would do, only in a different way. -> Same Character. Just partitioned.

Does anybody see what i'm saying?

Plus, there are some match-ups where it is not uncommon for me to use both Zelda & Sheik for specific purposes in the same match (which is in a manner opposite that of what many people first assume, btw), and can be more useful together while for differing purposes, as their attacks have quite different properties. And while she has a larger moveset, I believe the total balance, effectiveness, & properties of the moves are kept at a 'average total ability' that pretty well averages the movesets of the other top/high-teir characters.

By trying to deny part of the character, aren't you subtracting from the character as a whole? Was the character not designed and intended to be used as a whole? Denying such a large part would be denying a healthy portion of her very capabilities, which are just as rightful and deserved as anybody elses various combinations of attacks. (except for the shine. :p, lol, j/k.) (And you all know **** well i'm excluding stalls & irrevocable glitches, so no pulling that card, lol)

The biggest fault I see in Zelda's unique, and personally enjoyable architype is the excruciatingly long transformation time (especially around the fairly low percents I would ideally like to call on it at). While I realize it would be broken if it was too fast (obviously), it's just so slow/laggy that there are several characters that can make it all the way across the stage and land a powerful move before or as it finishes, even if they had just been knocked back by an attack. :/

Btw, i'm not directing all of this at JR, just the ideology itself. And btw, I was told by Delphiki before the crew battle when I chose my character that going Zelda did in fact mean the character as a whole of Zelda & Sheik. It was mentioned because we have run into this before, and it was unfortunately an issue. -_-

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Super long post. Here's the short version for you lazy folks: Zelda and Shiek are the same character. Deal with it. No johns. All rules were up in this thread long before, and if you were to contend the issue (which you didn't, I'm just sayin') you could've done it then.

TS you're next if you're up for it. I don't think the KGB will ever be able to do it but I'd like to face them too.

DRGN

Technowizard
Fo' sho', it's all good, as Drgn <3s Chok too.. :cool:

EDIT: Tyde, you said you wanted to be a part of the next one.. Well next time all of us have a free weekend open, it'll be up to you & Tomi if we can head down there again (as you'll be the ones driving). Both me & Chok already said we had a lot of fun with it, and would be happy to do another one. ^_^

Top Bottom