• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ill be there around 4, if there is no tourney anyone mm my falco/maybe my peach? needs moar experience

literally anyone, chillin/chu included if you are going

I've got the stream for Evo running on my laptop. Chaos, you should watch it here and maybe stream party or some ****

Temporary Videos/Results Post | 17 videos

Sypher's Secret Tournament
Fairfax, Virginia. July 30, 2011
[collapse=1v1][collapse="winners bracket"][collapse="round 1"]Alcohol :fox: vs EPsilon :peach:
mers :falco: vs CrimsonBlur :marth:[/collapse][collapse="round 2"]Alcohol :fox: vs Plank :falco:
Boss |わロ$$|:falco: vs mers |MERS| :falco:[/collapse][/collapse][collapse="losers bracket"][collapse="round 2"]mers :falco: vs EPsilon :peach:[/collapse][/collapse][collapse=semis][collapse="winners semis"]ChaosKnight :fox: vs Boss :drmario:
Plank :falco: vs Mahone :jigglypuff:[/collapse][collapse="losers semis"]Plank [white] :fox: vs ChaosKnight [red] :fox:[/collapse][/collapse][collapse=finals][collapse="winners finals"]Boss :mario2: vs Mahone :jigglypuff:[/collapse][collapse="losers finals"]Plank :falco: vs Mahone :jigglypuff:[/collapse][collapse="grand finals 1"]Boss :drmario: vs Plank :marth:[/collapse][collapse="grand finals 2"]Plank :falco: vs Boss :drmario:[/collapse][/collapse][/collapse][collapse="money match"]ScrapMettle :marth: vs EPsilon :peach: $1[/collapse][collapse=friendly]Boss :gw: & hhpp :jigglypuff: vs mers :falcon: & Crimson :marth:[/collapse][collapse=miscellaneous]A nice way to start the game
I wanted that so hard[/collapse][collapse=results]

1: Boss :drmario: :mario2: :falco: $16
2: Plank :sheik: :falco: :peach: :marth: :fox: $6
3: Mahone :jigglypuff: :fox: $2
4: ChaosKnight :fox: :marth:
5: Sypher :fox: :marth:
5: Alcohol :fox:
7: EPsilon :peach:
7: ScrapMettle :falcon:
9: mers :falco:
9: hamhampopo :jigglypuff:
9: The Crimson Blur :marth:
9: Mark :link2:[/collapse]

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Damn MD/VA, GET ****ED UP.

Oh, Mers baby. Sorry I wasn't able to come say bye =( I really hope to see you in the future... best of luck in all your endeavors. <3

I'd like t say Alcohol is the biggest boss ever: Never wins a friendly vs me nor Crimson, then beats us in tournament (me 2-0'ed)

mers, I see 3 games you played vs Boss from the tournament sets. Should I split/upload games 1 & 2 or 2 & 3?

Wait, me v. mers wasn't recorded? I thought it was?

I wanted to critique myself. :(
Everything I wrote was from memory. I think I separated a video of you vs mers (the big batch of rendering videos it's in is still rendering). I'll begin uploaded after everything's done rendering

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
So, I'm pretty sure someone took my controller by accident. (It wasn't mers because I was using it after he left.)

It's a black controller, with the distinguishing feature that the R button doesn't work properly. If you press it you won't hear a click. In game, you can use R to shield, but you can't LRA+Start reset with it. That should be enough to tell that it's mine... unless someone else's also does that....

Does anyone have it?

Bones0

Smash Legend
So, I'm pretty sure someone took my controller by accident. (It wasn't mers because I was using it after he left.)

It's a black controller, with the distinguishing feature that the R button doesn't work properly. If you press it you won't hear a click. In game, you can use R to shield, but you can't LRA+Start reset with it. That should be enough to tell that it's mine... unless someone else's also does that....

Does anyone have it?
Sounds like the rubber on your controller got ripped up. That's what happened to my L button the day of Crimson's tournament. It made teching really difficult cause I had to push it down hard and didn't feel that click to know if I had pressed it or not.

On a related note, I am hosting a Smash House v2!

mers

Smash Ace
Finally made it home.

I just want to thank you all again for everything. You guys have an amazing community, and I feel lucky to have been a part of it.

Crimson - You're an awesome guy, and you have an awesome house. Those draft crews were hella fun, and I'm still mad salty about them. Thanks for helping me with Marth dittos. You best keep practicing, cuz otherwise I'm gonna take all your money next time I see you.

Alcohol - You're getting better so fast. Both of us made so much progress, and I'm excited to see how good you are in the future. Keep putting in that work.

Eric - I'm so frustrated I couldn't ever quite beat you. Also, I'm glad our MMs got recorded, so I can always be embarrassed about taking you to RC and losing. Thanks for the ride to Lotte, you saved my ***.

Mahone - You're such a nice guy. Your Puff is ****ing obnoxious though. I'll never get gimped by dair again without flashing back to my matches with you. Good luck with your secondaries, but don't let that Puff get too rusty.

Boss - You're so ****ing good at this game. Someday I'll learn to avoid jab->grab and platform waveland grabs. I'll also learn to consistently beat your G&W. I hope I see you kicking *** at APEX.

Redd - You helped me improve so much. Your tips on CPing Fox changed the matchup for me. You're also ridiculously good, and I can't wait to see you at your full potential.

Winston - Thank you SO MUCH for helping me with the Fox matchup. You're easily the person who helped me improve the most, and I really appreciate it. You changed the way I think about Falco.

DoH - **** your bull**** powershields, man. You're ****ing good, though, and I loved playing you. You're my current target, and I'm gonna beat you for real sometime. Also, thanks for teaching me doubles. It's your fault I play Peach in teams now. Also, Peach has no lag.

Everett - You and your ****ing MadCats. Sorry we didn't get to do those MMs, I had to leave kinda early.

and finally...

Max - I have so much to thank you for, I don't even know where to begin. Thanks for hosting, thanks for teaching me a million different things about the game, thanks for helping me improve, thanks for letting me crash at your house. The work you do for this community is truly incredible. Don't ever stop. See you at APEX!

There are tons more people that I wanna put in this post, but I gotta go. Thanks again to everyone for the awesome two months. I better see y'all at a national sometime.

<3

ScrapMettle

Smash Cadet
Mers too good
If you're salty, wanna grudge $match at Apex? I probably won't cp puff on Brinstar...

The mers vs Crimson draft crew battle rivalry is so cute. A tie breaker would be so cool next time you've got a long visit in MDNOVA

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Daaaw mers. You're breaking my heart here.

<3 Can't wait to see you at APEX.

mers was madd cool though......damnz =/

now i jus hafe to play wit boring mahone jiggs and freeK

-_^b

dnt take it personal fellas xD
And me *****.

The mers vs Crimson draft crew battle rivalry is so cute. A tie breaker would be so cool next time you've got a long visit in MDNOVA
Tiebreaker? I'm up 2-1 son.

Top Bottom