• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 9, 2015] DIRTY D.Y.T Monthlies! WiiU, P:M, Melee, & Brawl (Kettering, OH)

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Will there be brawl dubz? I potentially have a teammate if they will have the dubz. I think Columbus could have a team or two as well and Dayton might have a team or two at least. It would be fun if they have brawl dubz again!

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Will there be brawl dubz? I potentially have a teammate if they will have the dubz. I think Columbus could have a team or two as well and Dayton might have a team or two at least. It would be fun if they have brawl dubz again!
Sorry QD, no brawl dubz this time. I'll probably add it back next month :)

lou4222

Smash Lord
No brawl dubz kinda sucks. It wouldnt take too long would it?

I hope to make it out for a couple of hours and play some friendlies and get in brawl singles.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE ARE BACK IN ACTION

After a summer of absence, and exciting tourneys elsewhere, the Dayton Crew is excited to continue the Dirty D.Y.T. Monthly Tournament Series. The next tournament will be on September 13th, 2014.

Important info for past attendees looking to return:

1. The tournaments are no longer at my house; we have moved locations to something much, much better! We're now located at Epic Loot Games and Comics in Centerville, OH. This venue is substantially larger and more accommodating than my basement, so naturally we're all very excited about it! The address is 9130 Dayton Lebanon Pike, Centerville, OH 45458.

2. We are no longer able to offer waived venue fees for bringing a setup. The venue fee is what pays for our use of Epic Loot's space, time, and resources. It's a bit inconvenient for us all, but nevertheless, we still desperately need setups! I can only supply a maximum of 6 CRTs for this event, due to limited space in my car, and I only have one Wii and one Gamecube to personally supply. So please, for all that's good in the Smash community, bring setups to this tournament. Do it for the children.

3. We're still running Brawl singles as of now, but it will likely be replaced by Smash 4 following its release. Just a head's up.

4. Do to constraints last time caused by people entering all five events, I'm restricting each given player to entering 4 of the 5 available events. This is Lain's Stupid Rule, or the Mew2King Rule, or the Soul Pech Ruins Everything Rule, depending on where you're from.

That's all for now. Hoping to see you all very soon. :)

Last edited:

Helio

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna bring my TV I have at home and u have my 3 other TVs so u can put me down for 4 if u need them all lol. 1pm setup. Possibly my second one too. I'll get back to u about if I get my melee setup in time

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Going to try and make it to this if I can. Is there any chance someone could pick me up from the Columbus Greyhound station the day of/before(might also need housing and dropped back off if possible too D: )?

Last edited:

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Going to try and make it to this if I can. Is there any chance someone could pick me up from the Columbus Greyhound station the day of/before(might also need housing and dropped back off if possible too D: )?
I haven't decided if I'm going to this or DRDN's tournament in Michigan. However if I'm going to this I can try to help you out as far as Driving from Columbus is concerned since I will be driving through there anyway.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE ARE BACK IN ACTION

After a summer of absence, and exciting tourneys elsewhere, the Dayton Crew is excited to continue the Dirty D.Y.T. Monthly Tournament Series. The next tournament will be on September 13th, 2014.

Important info for past attendees looking to return:

1. The tournaments are no longer at my house; we have moved locations to something much, much better! We're now located at Epic Loot Games and Comics in Centerville, OH. This venue is substantially larger and more accommodating than my basement, so naturally we're all very excited about it! The address is 9130 Dayton Lebanon Pike, Centerville, OH 45458.

2. We are no longer able to offer waived venue fees for bringing a setup. The venue fee is what pays for our use of Epic Loot's space, time, and resources. It's a bit inconvenient for us all, but nevertheless, we still desperately need setups! I can only supply a maximum of 6 CRTs for this event, due to limited space in my car, and I only have one Wii and one Gamecube to personally supply. So please, for all that's good in the Smash community, bring setups to this tournament. Do it for the children.

3. We're still running Brawl singles as of now, but it will likely be replaced by Smash 4 following its release. Just a head's up.

4. Do to constraints last time caused by people entering all five events, I'm restricting each given player to entering 4 of the 5 available events. This is Lain's Stupid Rule, or the Mew2King Rule, or the Soul Pech Ruins Everything Rule, depending on where you're from.

That's all for now. Hoping to see you all very soon. :)
I'm glad to see this is back! Are you sure you will cancel brawl in the future? That makes me sad :(

Also, will there be brawl doubles for this event?

Finally, just so you know, this event conflicts with a tournament in Michigan (DRDN is hosting). I'm still not sure which tournament I'll decide to go to.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
I'm glad to see this is back! Are you sure you will cancel brawl in the future? That makes me sad :(

Also, will there be brawl doubles for this event?

Finally, just so you know, this event conflicts with a tournament in Michigan (DRDN is hosting). I'm still not sure which tournament I'll decide to go to.
Sorry QD, there just isn't enough time in one day to do that many brackets with as many people as I'd like to attend. So no Brawl doubles here, regrettably, and probably no Brawl once Sm4sh comes out. I really think you should consider transitioning to the new game, Konrad; it's pretty likely to have lots of physical similarities with Brawl, and Lucario is in it. :D

Also, I'm aware that this conflicts with a MI event, but I'm over it. This was really the only Saturday that would work in Sept, and it doesn't conflict with any OH events so eh.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Sorry QD, there just isn't enough time in one day to do that many brackets with as many people as I'd like to attend. So no Brawl doubles here, regrettably, and probably no Brawl once Sm4sh comes out. I really think you should consider transitioning to the new game, Konrad; it's pretty likely to have lots of physical similarities with Brawl, and Lucario is in it. :D

Also, I'm aware that this conflicts with a MI event, but I'm over it. This was really the only Saturday that would work in Sept, and it doesn't conflict with any OH events so eh.
Well that would require that I buy a new game, new video gaming system, and I would have to spend time on another game instead of focusing on one which is what I'd prefer to do since I don't have that much time for gaming in the first place. I didn't get a Wii/start playing brawl until 2012 so it may take me 4 years again before I get SSB4.

I'll take a look at this lucario when the game comes out and I'll see what he's like.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I'm very interested in this but I don't know if I can come though, My parents will probably say no but I will ask and see.

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
How come there are no Brawl doubles? Can we add that to the schedule?
If you would read Peppy's post above, you'd see that there is no brawl doubles due to time constraints.

P.S. a rule of thumb for posting: don't just request something to be added to a tournament, if somethings not there, there's usually a good reason for it

Zad

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there with my brother and some friends. It's nice to see Dayton having some action.

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there with some of the usual Columbus suspects. I can maybe bring a PM setup, but I'm not 100% sure. Looking forward to meeting some of you Dayton players.

TheElement116

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3668-8798-7699
I would love to join this tournament! So it's in Dayton, right?
I can bring a Wii with PM and Brawl as well as a GameCube with Melee.

wakka444

Smash Ace
I intend on being there and bringing my younger brother, I tried getting some more smashfield but it's unlikely

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
what time does the venue open and what time do brawl singles start?
The original post contains this information, dude.
I would love to join this tournament! So it's in Dayton, right?
I can bring a Wii with PM and Brawl as well as a GameCube with Melee.
Yep, right in Centerville, in the southern part of Dayton. Thanks for the support!
is Boss coming?
Boss is not coming, as far as I know, but we're getting Plank, DP, and Violence from Maryland.

TheElement116

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3668-8798-7699
Quick question: Is this an overnight event? Because it says it ends at 2:00 am and I was just wondering if we would be at the venue all night.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
paradigms car didnt start so im going to pick him up, ETA 11:45 but pls dont DQ the 5 of us if we're a little later than 12 kthx

D

Deleted member

In Colten's car. We're on our way.

We will be there in about a half hour.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
RESULTS THREAD!

http://smashboards.com/threads/dirty-dyt-monthlies-sept-13th-dayton-ohio.368321/

Can somebody who has experience with Tio Pro message me about submitting the results to the smashboards rankings? I'm getting an error that I'm not sure what to do about.

Anyway, hey - thanks for coming everyone. I hope you all had a good time and you're happy with your results. If you're not, do yourself a favor and practice up, and I'll see you all soon. :) If you have any comments or concerns about this edition of the tournament specifically (venue, etc) express those in the results thread please; any questions about the future of the tournament series can be asked here.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Double post for an update 8)

Hey, those of you who enjoy these Dayton tournaments - we won't be having an October edition of the monthly, due to scheduling issues with the venue. Keep an eye on this thread for updates regarding a November edition (or possibly late October idk)

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD DO? Come to my replacement event, a Smash 3DS tournament on October 11th!

http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-...r-hand-event-smash-3ds-centerville-oh.370652/

If you're already booked for Overswarm's event, please go to that. If not, you should come here and take a chance at being one of the first winners of competitive Smash 4!

Hope to see you all soon!

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Triple post! At this point I'm starting to wonder just how many posts in a row I'll manage. (Someone please combo break this, it's getting awkward)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. The next Dayton Monthly Tournament will be November 29th, 2014! This is more than a month away, but that's okay. At least I gave you guys plenty of notice this time. :)

2. Smash for Wii U will be available in the United States for this tournament, so naturally we'll be hosting ONE OF THE FIRST SINGLES AND DOUBLES EVENTS FOR THAT GAME YEEEEE-HAAAAAAH TRAILBLAZIN'

3. Adding Wii U brackets brings the total number of brackets available at this event to 7, with Brawl doubles being the only one absent. I'm willing to stake my reputation as a TO on my ability to run all 7 of these brackets in one day. I repeat, for clarity: I will absolutely be running all seven brackets successfully in one day.

To provide further explanation: the number of brackets available at this event, whether it be 5 like last time or 7 like this upcoming event, has very little effect on the length of the event provided the number of people attending the event (and other variables, like number of setups) stays relatively similar between different events, provided Lain's Stupid Rule is in effect. If the same number of people come (I expect a few more than last time, but not a large increase) and the maximum number of events each person can enter stays constant, the increase in the time it will take to run the event cannot drastically increase, even as more brackets are added. This is a hypothesis I firmly believe in right now, and one I'm willing to test.

4. We need to discuss a ruleset for Smash Wii U, as we know more about the game; just as importantly, we should discuss a stagelist for Project: M. I would really, really like to get some community input on a P:M stagelist for future events. I don't like the Apex Stagelist any more, especially when it has three bans. Please try to sell me on different varying stagelists that you like plz.

5. I still can't provide waived venue fees for people who bring setups, BUT I will personally pay your venue fee out of pocket if you bring a Wii U with Smash Wii U and all characters/stages unlocked because we need those in order for this to work at all.

That's all I have to say for now. I will begin doing the TO version of a Rocky Training Montage asap to be prepared. This tournament has the potential to be very, very good. If you have any questions, message me or post them here. Thanks, and I'll see you all very soon!

TheElement116

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3668-8798-7699
I'll definitely be attending the tournament and I'll be bringing a Wii U with Smash along with the GC controller adapter. I might also bring a Wii with PM and possibly a TV.

Top Bottom