• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 9, 2015] DIRTY D.Y.T Monthlies! WiiU, P:M, Melee, & Brawl (Kettering, OH)

SlinkySmash

Smash Rookie
I had fun at the November one. Can't wait for the next one so I can get some good friendlies in this time around.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
AAAAAAAND WE'RE BACK!

Ladies and gents: the Dirty DYT Monthly Tournament Series is back with a new date and new location! Hopefully this new location will allow for more consistency in the future, so we can get back to hosting these once a month (like the title says we're supposed to).

We've moved across town to No Limit Gaming in Kettering - information on the new location is available in the updated original post of this thread, as well as on the facebook event page found therein.

This event is still going to be Project M, Melee, Smash Wii U, and Brawl. The former three will have singles and doubles brackets, while Brawl will have only a singles bracket. The new venue is very spacious, so this shouldn't be a problem at all.

Additionally, players will be required to adhere to two rules meant to limit bottle-necking in brackets:

Soul Pech Ruins Everything Rule: You may enter up to 4 of the available 7 brackets.
Fizzle Is A Problem Rule: You may enter no more than 3 singles brackets.

This should prevent most of the bottle-necking issues that arise from having this many brackets running at a single event.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

tjdk2

Smash Cadet
Dude Hype! I loved going to the last tourney, and I will try and make it for this one

SoulPech

Smash Master
AAAAAAAND WE'RE BACK!

Ladies and gents: the Dirty DYT Monthly Tournament Series is back with a new date and new location! Hopefully this new location will allow for more consistency in the future, so we can get back to hosting these once a month (like the title says we're supposed to).

We've moved across town to No Limit Gaming in Kettering - information on the new location is available in the updated original post of this thread, as well as on the facebook event page found therein.

This event is still going to be Project M, Melee, Smash Wii U, and Brawl. The former three will have singles and doubles brackets, while Brawl will have only a singles bracket. The new venue is very spacious, so this shouldn't be a problem at all.

Additionally, players will be required to adhere to two rules meant to limit bottle-necking in brackets:

Soul Pech Ruins Everything Rule: You may enter up to 4 of the available 7 brackets.
Fizzle Is A Problem Rule: You may enter no more than 3 singles brackets.

This should prevent most of the bottle-necking issues that arise from having this many brackets running at a single event.

Don't forget to add in the Stupid Boner Rule: Everytime you overhype something dumb, you have to take a lap to walk off your stupid boner.

tjdk2

Smash Cadet
So mewtwo going to be legal? I know he would have been out for 2 months when this tournament starts, but just asking for clarification

Ninjagamer1234

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ninjagamer1234
I've been going here for a while now because they have a small tourney every friday can't wait for this big(ger) one

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Hello everyone - pre-registration for this event is now available online: http://goo.gl/forms/Tpdwqlfxi6

If you register online, the venue fee will be $5. If you register at the venue on the day of the event, the venue fee will be $10. Your choice is clear.

Note: first and last name fields are not required, but your location is - this is so that I can avoid matching you up against your friends and other local players in pools and bracket.

Top Bottom