• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NOV 15, 2014] SMASH 254 3DS tournament! Temple, Texas

aquatictaco

Smash Cadet
Smash Bros 3DS Tournament
When: Saturday November 15, 2014
Time: 11:00am-Finish
Where: Temple College Foundation Offices
19 N Main St. Temple, Texas 76501
ebulls@sbcglobal.net
Entry Fee: $10.00 (will include tournament entry plus food/drinks)
System: 3DS
Winning Prize: Copy of Smash Bros Wii U

SIGNUP and PREPAY here
https: //ethan-bulls.squarespace.com/tournaments/

WHAT TO BRING (these will not be provided)
Smash Bros for 3DS
Nintendo 3DS/XL, 2DS
Power Cord for 3DS

Venue:
Temple College Foundation Offices 3rd floor
19 N Main St, Temple, Texas 76501
There will be bathrooms
There will be food and drinks.

Rules:
Double Elimination 2/3 until quarter finals then 3/5
2 stock 5 minutes
Allowing Special Moves
No Mii's
No Items or Smash Ball

May have a separate tournament for fun (anything goes)
2/3 2 stock 5 minutes

No Alcohol No Smoking No Exceptions
Above all else, Be respectful and kind. We are here for fun

Schedule:

11:00 Registration starts
12:00 Tournament Starts
1:00 Lunch/snack break
2:00 - Finish Tournament Resumes

FIRST TIME I'M TO'ing so if you have suggestions please contact me (ethan)

IF YOU ARE CLOSE IN THE AREA AND HAVE A 3DS CAPTURE CARD YOU CONTACT ME PLEASE

Last edited:

aquatictaco

Smash Cadet
haven't had any entrants so far, so if you are interested please let me know!!

will have pizza and a secure venue, with wifi, will have a wii u off to the side for MK8. Will a webcam/mic as well to call matches/etc. Hopefully getting together a 3ds with capture card, and if not i'll have to go old school with a cam pointing at a 3ds.

aquatictaco

Smash Cadet
i will be streaming the tournament! tourneylocator and infinity helped us out with a 3ds with a capture card!! the matches will be on the projector and will be recorded/streamed. So excited!

cardboardowl

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm just saying that you can have a percentage of the pot distributed. 60 -30-10 1st second third or whatever you want to do.
Everyone is gonna get a copy anyway.

aquatictaco

Smash Cadet
ya but when the entry fees are what makes up the prize pool, it is up in the air. I dont know how many people are going to come so i cant promise a huge pot. Get it now? If there are more people i'm going to pay out more, simple as that

Last edited:

cardboardowl

Smash Apprentice
I'm in san marcos, not far, i'll see if someone else around wants to go and i can bum a ride.

If you get at least like 16 people you should see if you could change it to a % of the entry fee. I'm sure most people would be happy with that.

aquatictaco

Smash Cadet
if i have more than 10-12 i'm going to add more prizes, either that or make the 1st place prize bigger hopefully to the 100$ bundle with the game/controller/adapter. Not looking to make any money. I'm just looking to make $ for the prize, food. Most of the venue is going to be all on me.

aquatictaco

Smash Cadet
Located in Temple, Texas

remember, the more people who show, the better the prizes will be!
Also, for people who are up in the air about this, I am not doing this for profit of any kind. The entry fee will provide the prize as well as pay for the food. Just a note, the venue is coming OUT OF MY POCKET, so please if you have any doubts about this, i promise you i'm doing it FOR YOU and this community of people who love the game.

At the very least, i intend to pay out a regular copy of Smash Wii U. If more i will and/or raise the winning prize to the smash wii u bundle (game,controller,adapter), as well as pay out for 1-3.

I have a 3ds w/capture card. I have a secure venue. There will be food/drinks/snacks for the event. all i need is people!

I've got about 6 people so far saying they're coming. It would be nice to have more!

If this has a decent turnout i will be doing smash for wii U as well as more in the future!

https://ethan-bulls.squarespace.com/tournaments/

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
9-10 is a p early start, especially for a small tournament, especially if anyones has to drive. I think noon or even 1 would be better, unless you've got some unusual time constraints on the space, it shouldnt take more than 2 hours to do this thing.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
My experience with the San Antonio get together a whiles back was that they had about 16 people and it took 2 hours to run. Since everyone has their own setup, there is none of the usual wait time for a machine to open up.

aquatictaco

Smash Cadet
hmm great insight thanks!
i was also planning on doing some side events, with no restrictions w/items/smashball etc.

so the event may run a little longer :)
but as this is my first event im wanting to play it safe and have enough time.

Are you planning on coming? and might need the time to be later in the day?

aquatictaco

Smash Cadet
We have 7 people officially signed up! By the end of this weekend i will decide whether the time will change. if it does it will most likely be 10-11 oclock start time! for registration then matches will start a little later than that. Will keep you guys updated!

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I think there will def enough people to do a split pot prize. I just did a tourny in San Antonio yesterday and doubles had a $60 pool (6 teams, 2 people per team $5 each), and they still paid top 3 out of 6 teams.

Top Bottom