• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Notices and Bonuses

LegendOfZeldaBrawler

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else besides me take pride in the notices even though there isn't any real award for getting them? I remember on Melee you could get notices for playing 1000, 10000, and 100000 multiplayer Brawls lol, not that I ever got that far.

And this has nothing to do with notices, but what happened to the bonuses that you got at the end of each match? I miss those... :(

VideoGamerJ

Smash Rookie
They had a million matches in Melee too. I used a 3rd party controller to get it >D I'm pretty sure they are still in...Could be wrong?

Magikarp

Smash Cadet
The only bonuses that are in the game, IIRC, are 'Cleared (Classic/All-Star) on (difficulty)', 'Cleared Without losing a life', and 'Continuing.' Shame they took out bonuses. =/

Starscream

Smash Ace
You don't even get a notice for completing the entire Challenges wall. In fact you get absolutely nothing except what you get from the Challenges themselves.

Maku

Smash Apprentice
I've gotten notices like..
"You have ran into such and such pokemon for the first time..
This a rare thing indeed..."
Just little dumb notices I dont really care about.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
You don't even get a notice for completing the entire Challenges wall. In fact you get absolutely nothing except what you get from the Challenges themselves.
If you clear the board without using a hammer you get a cool little notice.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
Yeah, I have also completed the challenge board (with all of my hammers intact) and got no notice for it.
All the more reason to use them on the challenges you really just don't want to do. I used mine on the 100 man melee for all characters (tedious), 100 man in under 3:30 (Stupid f'n items!), and the hard, very hard, and intense all star modes because I really just didn't want to put any effort in to All-Star beyond getting the trophy for everyone.

But more on topic... I like that it still tells you odd ball little stuff, like when you first saw mew or cleared a mode... It's the bonuses I really missed, particularly bonus mode for 4 way FFA's. It was always a good laugh to be the last guy alive, but end up with 4th place because of stale moves, self destructs, and basically getting none of the KO's. XD

Mingy Jongo

Smash Rookie
I love notices! I even made a website about them: http://brawlnotices.tk
If anyone knows any I don't have, please inform me so I can get them. BTW, I know I'm missing the all trophies and all stickers ones, but I only have two stickers to go for both. Thanks.

mariomaster777

Smash Rookie
I do admit that the bonuses were funny and unique. What I didn't like was they made a trophy requirement of needing to get all the bonuses. Unless you look up a few of them, there would be no way you'd uncover every bonus by sheer luck or simply playing. Still, I'm a bit surprised they took them out.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I love getting those.

If you played a million matches in Melee you would get a notice telling you to go outside! I only know that from using action replay of course.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
If you clear the board without using a hammer you get a cool little notice.
False.

Watch the end of this video (7:55), where I unlock the last challenge window, with all 5 golden hammers unused (March 23rd):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Tjf1Z-x2bw

I get notices about collecting every boss trophy, beating boss battles on intense, and collecting every trophy. Nothing about golden hammers.

Mingy Jongo

Smash Rookie
Actually now that I look at it, you're missing the bonus for completing classic on Intense with the game set to one life.
I just got that one this morning. I'll get the 1000 matches one eventually, I'm up to around 800 already.

Top Bottom