• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing like a Brawl Tourney

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you can copy your data, then just plug in a GC controller.

I have a feeling most people won't customize GC contols anyways due to habit, so the name might not be necessary.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I really do think this mode will be wi-fi enabled. You can see the background of a globe, meaning wi-fi is 99% confirmed. Which means, we can do 1vs1 battles in this mode. And if everyone is complaining about double elimination so much, I solved that problem by picking 2 playable characters in the roster, so if I lose once I will have another try, and to fully eliminate my opponents, they would have to be defeated twice.
So this tournament mode would be more for 1vs1 and tournaments. And the other wi-fi option would be for Free for All and playing against friends. And the last wi-fi option, would probably be for team battles and trading stickers, etc, which they havent mentioned yet. I'd be willing to bet that tournament mode will be wi-fi enabled. Sakurai team is probably working on tourny mode to be on wi-fi. He did mention that they are still working on this "seriously hard," most likely for wi-fi, because it looks complete to me, except they are working on it hard to make it playable through wi-fi. :grin:

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
See, this is where online should apply. Coming out on top of tournament with 64 people (or whatever the max in brawl is) will definetly give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Guys you have it all wrong- this update revealed something I think...just look at the names of the people!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various06/various06_070928g-l.jpg

There- look closely. Could those names mean something? Are they trying to create a clue for fans who really are paying attention?

This only came to me because of "Blob with Hood fami oops"...is there a blob with a hood from famicom that is in the game that they didn't want revealed yet? And thus that's where the oops comes from?

I mean- they really couldn't have just left us with something like this on a Friday- it has to be something...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Guys you have it all wrong- this update revealed something I think...just look at the names of the people!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various06/various06_070928g-l.jpg

There- look closely. Could those names mean something? Are they trying to create a clue for fans who really are paying attention?

This only came to me because of "Blob with Hood fami oops"...is there a blob with a hood from famicom that is in the game that they didn't want revealed yet? And thus that's where the oops comes from?

I mean- they really couldn't have just left us with something like this on a Friday- it has to be something...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
lol. If you can't, it's the box cover of A Boy and his Blob.
Still, not that great of an update, but there are gonna be useless things in Brawl just like there was in Melee... we just happen to have got one on a Friday.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
lol. If you can't, it's the box cover of A Boy and his Blob.
Still, not that great of an update, but there are gonna be useless things in Brawl just like there was in Melee... we just happen to have got one on a Friday.
yup that is tru

Haha, wishful thinking. In that case, we'll be getting a character known for his pork cutlets and pancakes.....(Japanese names)
Wizpig from Diddy Kong Racing is MAking PANCAKES?!!?!?!?!??! *grabs fork and Knife*

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm so happy....because...ya know....it's like, a useful mode. More so than Versus ever was......
.......God, and I thought the week's updates couldn't get any more less interesting. Looks like Sakurai proved me wrong yet again. Good for you Sakurai. Good for you.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I'm so happy....because...ya know....it's like, a useful mode. More so than Versus ever was......
.......God, and I thought the week's updates couldn't get any more less interesting. Looks like Sakurai proved me wrong yet again. Good for you Sakurai. Good for you.
:laugh: Watching paint dry is more interesting than this XD

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Actually me and my friends used to play the tournment mode quite a bit just for kicks. I'm willing to wait and see what they do with it in the long run XD

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
First!! This is gonna be awesome I love Tourneys. I cantg wait to start a Brawl for all and have bets and stuff. God this game is turning out to be better and better.
You're a ****ing idiot if you use tourney mode in game for actual tourneys. No one is going to trust you with money.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Did a little Wiki-research on "A Boy and his Blob". I found out that the blob turns into things when the boy feeds him jellybeans. I guess (if they turn out to be characters) it would be like a cross between PT/ICs and Kirby/MrG&W.

(Kinda looks like Ness and a snowman...)

In Japan there's been a sequel on the gameboy called "The Rescue of Princess Blobette".
Also they were planning another sequel for the DS, but was cancelled.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Lame update is lame.

I'm all for tourney mode and everything, though I stopped playing it since everyone local is at varying skill levels, but this is disappointing because they didn't even change or upgrade anything. They couldn't even be arsed to include a 2v2 tournament bracket. Weak.

Here's hoping october brings back the newcomers.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Only thing I really find interesting about this update is that the menus look really good.

They need to have a Friday update.. this is more like a Tuesday update.... Showing the Character selection screen would've been better. Alot better.

SheltonAngle

Smash Rookie

Who is that in the picture with the light green body & the orange head?

It is in-between Boweser & Meta-Knight & it has the word FLEA under it.

:confused:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Edit: three people already said Samus haha.

Anyways, I never used the tourney option outside of tournaments. We already know the tournament option will be in Brawl but...it's a update thus cool.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
@Zoinkslls:
First of all, you can 2v2 tourney in Melee. Second of all, I'm pretty sure that's not a 2v2 match, it's just the position of the "VS" on the screen that makes it look that way. If they were teamed up they would have some sort of color association and maybe be positioned a bit closer together.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
@Zoinkslls:
First of all, you can 2v2 tourney in Melee. Second of all, I'm pretty sure that's not a 2v2 match, it's just the position of the "VS" on the screen that makes it look that way. If they were teamed up they would have some sort of color association and maybe be positioned a bit closer together.
I'm embarrassed to say I just found this out myself... guess I need more Melee friends. ^^;;

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
It's an ok update, not one that's very interesting, but it does show us that there will be the tournament mode again, even if nobody used it last time (and looks like they wont be this time either). The most interesting feature of this update is that you can save your player data on Wii Remotes, which is pretty nice for those who aren't using a Gamecube Controller (I assmume you can access it with the Wii Remote/Nunchuck combo and Classic Controller mode as well).

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
@Zoinkslls:
OMG..... so we can play 2 VS 2 in the melee tournament???:confused:

Top Bottom