• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Notable Smash 4 Kirby Mains?

ezm1100

Smash Rookie
NNID
ezm1100
3DS FC
4313-2554-8581
Lol not that I've seen. Although I've been wondering the same thing for a really long time.

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
MikeKirby is basically the only one who gets results when he goes to big tournaments.

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Notable Players
MikeKirby(East Coast)
Tripple R(Midwest)

Honorable Mentions
Prince Kirby(Midwest)
Poyo(retired his Kirby)
SoCal Kirby(ranked #20 on their PR)

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Mike is east coast, he's from New York. But other than him, there really isn't that much. Poyo has pretty much been sticking with Luigi. Chu goes Kirby once in a blue moon, but it's nothing astounding yet. Triple R I really haven't seen much from other than a match streamed for EVO, but I guess you can say him. There really isn't anybody else I can think of, most of the very good Kirbies that I've played only play online.

2Mixer

Smash Apprentice
In Europe, we only know MikeKirby as a Kirby so far

In my Country (Germany) i am the only offline-active Kirby that is placing currently well, ( 17th out of 80, 17th out of 80, 2nd out of 25, 7th out of 100, 25th out of 64)

and in japan yeah... didnt hear something of there with kirby, so i guess there is nobody playin him. sad

TimG57867

Smash Ace
In Europe, we only know MikeKirby as a Kirby so far

In my Country (Germany) i am the only offline-active Kirby that is placing currently well, ( 17th out of 80, 17th out of 80, 2nd out of 25, 7th out of 100, 25th out of 64)

and in japan yeah... didnt hear something of there with kirby, so i guess there is nobody playin him. sad

Yeah, you'd think the region that arguably loves Kirby most would have a lot of representation for him at competitive yet he's practically nonexistent there while on the flipside, Sonic whose practically dead in Japan seems to be one of the most heavily used characters. Shame. But this could very well be a blessing in disguise. It's possible that Nintendo takes Japan's results into greater consideration than other regions when balancing the game so since Kirby has no rep there, he'll probably only continue to get buffed.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I'm a Midwest Kirby and I'll try to get TripleR to come to some of our tourneys since we have a stream. Also I'm going to a tourney this Saturday with a couple top Midwest players so hopefully I can make you guys proud with Kirby. Also Tantulas uploaded a video like 2 weeks ago featuring Chu's Kirby and its very solid IMO. He's missing some stuff but he did pretty good(hopefully he starts using Kirby in tourney)

TimG57867

Smash Ace
I'm a Midwest Kirby and I'll try to get TripleR to come to some of our tourneys since we have a stream. Also I'm going to a tourney this Saturday with a couple top Midwest players so hopefully I can make you guys proud with Kirby. Also Tantulas uploaded a video like 2 weeks ago featuring Chu's Kirby and its very solid IMO. He's missing some stuff but he did pretty good(hopefully he starts using Kirby in tourney)
Really? Would you care to link that video?

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Uh, if you call S@X a major tournament, than Poyo, but he plays Luigi more.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Uh, if you call S@X a major tournament, than Poyo, but he plays Luigi more.
MD/VA is a pretty free region, not to mention Sax is a weekly tournament series, so no.

Last edited:

TimG57867

Smash Ace
https://youtu.be/Lts6We0tVJ4
He uses sheik in the beginning but goes Kirby for the rest of the matches.
Huh. That Kirby actually wasn't half bad. I noticed that compared to Triple R and Mike Kirby, Chudat likes to pressure with short hop aerials and overall seems a bit more aggressive, especially compared to Mike Kirby's patient Kirby. His forward throw combos are still rather basic but overall his Kirby is rather solid. With more practice he could be a monster with Smash 4 Kirby. Good thing too, because Kirby will probably only have more buffs to look forward to given his still mediocre tournament results. And on the flipside, I'd be very surprised if Sheik went another two patches without catching a nasty nerf.

Last edited:
Top Bottom