• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not sure whether this has been discovered or not... New(?) Desynchs

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I was messing around this morning with my ICs this morning, and I think that I discovered two new desynches.

1. I think that this one is probably useless but knowledge is never useless, right? Well, this desynch is rather simple. You simply jump out of sheild and Squall Hammer. Popo will launch himself forward while Nana follows doing nothing. I don't see any practical applications for this during higher level play though. What do you guys think?

2. JC Downsmash? WTF? After performing a Downsmash, press jump and Nana will leap by herself. The timing to this is hella tricky though. I've only done it 4 times and I've been practicing it for about 10 minutes. Too hard for application? Is it even useful? I may be able to see it's uses though. At mid-percentages you could DSmash Nanapult, maybe? Hell, I even got nana to wave dash foward once so maybe you could start a piston combo at low percentages without needing to grab(Fastfallers only?).

I really need you guys' help on this, especially number 2. Sure, it won't change IC's metagame but every little bit helps, right?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
double-post, I know, but SOMEONE has to have found something on this. I'm not nearly good enough to do this on my own.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
1. Already known. Not too useful since Squall Hammer is easily punished by a number of means, and Nana can't effectively cover Popo.

2. Never heard of this. As far as I know it's not possible to desynch from a D-smash. What may have happened is that you were desynched going into the D-smash. Or it might be possible, but the frame window is too severe for this to be useful.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I found the down-smash one awhile ago by accident, but I didn't really bother looking into it... it does in fact let you make only Nana jump out of d-smash though. Yes, the timing is hard, and I find the follow up options limited. But I commend you for posting it ;P

Another one that's interesting is blizzard. You can have Nana blizzard again out of a normal grounded blizzard, except she'll do it the way you're facing. I'm not sure what the use is, but it's interesting.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Wobbles: Is it possible to do a tilt D-smash desynch? Could that be what happened?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I found the down-smash one awhile ago by accident, but I didn't really bother looking into it... it does in fact let you make only Nana jump out of d-smash though. Yes, the timing is hard, and I find the follow up options limited. But I commend you for posting it ;P

Another one that's interesting is blizzard. You can have Nana blizzard again out of a normal grounded blizzard, except she'll do it the way you're facing. I'm not sure what the use is, but it's interesting.
I found the blizzard one a while ago. LOL I dunno about it's usefulness. You can also do it out a grounded Squall Hammer or a squall hammer that hits the ground before finishing up.

I'd like to think that Dsmash desynch COULD be useful for alot of times when a player is pressuring you(CF, Fox, etc). Dsmash, Nanapult Blizzard, grab, stock.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
The only problem is that you won't be getting a nanapult blizzard from the d-smash since Popo won't be legitimately de-synced. She'll warp straight to you when you try to blizzard with her.

Lixivium: No idea. But like I said, you CAN make Nana jump after the d-smash.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
At high percents or if you know your enemy won't CC, you can Solo Squall aus shield if you're blocking and they're behind you. Risky though, because if they CC you're probably dead. Wobbles are you going to OC3?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Well, it's been two weeks and I still haven't made any progress as to discovering how exactly to pull this off. It's pretty disheartening because I'm sure this would be great for the IC's metagame because we Dsmash so much. This may turn out to be the Super wavedash of the ICs.... lol Only more useful.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I found another one, I think. SHFFL Fair Desynch. After landing this, you can get Popo to do anything while nana does nothing. May just be the N00B Nana Desynch but from the description, he sounded like he didn't understand it completely. Not to mention, I can only get it to work consistently with the Fair. I haven't gotten it to work with any other aerial. Ever since discovering it today, I've gotten it to work at about 90% consistency on no one getting hit(ie no opponent's hitlag to deal with). It's also relatively easy to pull off when hitting an opponent.

This should definitely go into every IC player's game. I see plenty of uses for this.

Binx

Smash Master
I see chu use this every now and again, It would definately be a great asset, after it who acts first popo or nana?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I see chu use this every now and again, It would definately be a great asset, after it who acts first popo or nana?
Popo. I've actually used Shffl Fair Fsmash Nanapult blizzard. That's just an example of it's usefulness. I think it's more useful than the autocanceled Bair desynch. Feels more flexible.

Also, regarding this....

You can follow this and the synced Squall desynch up with any move you want. Not just blizzard.

THIS JUST IN
I'm going to assume that the Shffl desynch works on all aerials because I also got it to work with the Nair and Dair also. It's much easier with the fair but make of that what you will.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Pistoning is most useful for either keeping your opponent off or for some very complicated techchasing. And I mean very complicated. But their aerials are rarely used to approach (besides Bair, but aerial pistoning is very predictable).. and their ground attacks surpass their aerials in term of tech chasing.

There is only one situation I use desycnhed aerials, but it's something I do A LOT. Desynched Uairs. At the small neutrals you can destroy any non-FFer characters with them, especially if they use up their jump.

Do you remember what Forward was talking about the ideal of desynching? Removing lag. If you Uair, even if they dodge, YOU CAN UAIR AGAIN!!!! Very few players can deal with a co-ordinated tag team attack.

Binx

Smash Master
I heard some things about your mom... sorry I had to
Rofl, I summon your mom in face down doggy style possiton and then I tap that s*** like mana, then I'll attack her brown eyed butt dragon FTW.

Seriously though Delph that sounds too good, you have any videos of it?

Also any advice on the noob nana desynch? come on guys updates heh.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Rofl, I summon your mom in face down doggy style possiton and then I tap that s*** like mana, then I'll attack her brown eyed butt dragon FTW.

Seriously though Delph that sounds too good, you have any videos of it?

Also any advice on the noob nana desynch? come on guys updates heh.
Only thing I can say further is that you HAVE to fastfall it in order for the desynch to work. My shffl game is weak so it's hard for me.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
The most recent videos I have up are from around March, I think. I've got a lot better since then, but if you'd like to watch them search Youtube for Delphiki and Tomi-X.

There are four matches of my ICs against his Fox. I also have one other old vid of my ICs versus KevMoney's Fox.

I don't think that I do this specific technique, but there may be similar things.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Okay, I think I've found another desynch. It's a variant on the Dsmash desynch in that when I try to do a dual-directional Dsmash and I've had Nana dash in the direction that popo was facing. For example, at first I'm facing to the right, I then turn around and Dsmash and Nana runs to the left, the direction that Popo's facing. Dunno how this works exactly. Could you guys help me figure this out?

Top Bottom