• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't get it. We've made special cases for people on this list for months now.

Mains, johns, and so on.

I feel sick.

The King

Smash Ace
They're our points now. If you want them back, you need to prove to the panel via tournament results that you're not worth them. Better pull out your super-secret johns to pull this one off.

On another note, just because this was released on April 1st does not reduce its credibility. This is the next update to the NCPR. As there seems to be some skepticism around this one, so perhaps a panelist will step forward and explain our decisions.

King Out

tc1

Smash Lord
WOW,,im not even gonna say anything just wow... 1 question where do i go to get points cuz this ****s ridiculous.

can sum1 please tell me how in the f'n world delphiki is over meep//darkmike//and kfc plz because i would really like to know and how is bootle on here plz f'n tell me..

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
hmmm....this finally seems to be looking accurate.

I dont know how long you guys worked on this but Im glad you got your **** together.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
i think delphiki and bootle should be higher. ian should probably be on the list too because of how well he did with SS that one biweekly where they teamed together. talk about synergy...

edit: apparently, tc1 doesn't get it. you have to prove yourself to get on the list.

sidefx

Smash Champion
right when i saw Delphiki RIGHT above me.. i knew dan had something to do with this.. and taking into account that yesterday WAS april fools. this is all a fat joke.

DRGN

Technowizard
I also agree with top 15, Norcal is too seperated to rank a clear 25 people. I'm just sick of people saying things like, "I got Jeff's roy down to last stock" or "I beat Lunin one match in a friendly" in hopes that you'll tell everyone and they'll be considered for top 25. For a lot of people, they think they can just get into top 25 by ranting about their triumphs and near victories and getting people to last stock in friendlies. A top 15 will definately seperate the men from the boys and spark a more competetive slant to Norcal, thus improving Norcal as a whole. This way you'll know if someone's in the top 15 that they earned their spot there and are not there by default.
I think people retardedly trying to "pimp out their own records" would happen no matter what the total rankings include. You're right that it would happen less if the top 25 was reduced, but I don't think it's completely necessary to do that. People who do that kind of thing can just be either explained to just why what they're doing is noobish/foolish or completely ignored. (Only actions shall be heard (hey that could be the NCPR's new adage/disclaimer! lol). Anybody who's worthy of the PR is probably already familiar enough with how things work to know this, and will know accurately enough where to draw the line.) And just as BTZO said, there are still lots of good players beyond a top 10 or top 15, and it's not as if players below that point are in a completely different league as those slightly above.

There are LOTS of players in Norcal, not all of them would feel as much of a competing sense if the PR was made even more exclusive. So i'd say it's controversial of whether or not a more elitist list would spark more competition. Also, I kind of like the idea of the list encompassing a broader scope of the people. I think it induces the community to come together more (for example drawing more, different, people to tournaments with each other for the opportunity to compete), and also gives more perspective/insight to the community. In fact, I believe the rankings should be at a number that's a balance of the highest number of people without it being too difficult to judge, whereas 25 is a probably a pretty good number for that.

I also feel the same as BTZO:
For top 15 I feel that most people are saying (in general no one in particular) that we are basically just having to fill the 16-25 spots and I don't think that's true. There's some controversy over spots there, I mean there's alot of good people from 16-25. Also having 25 spots gives alot of people hope that they have a chance to make it on the list. If people see that they have to beat someone Frotaz level or higher, they might give up their hopes of making it on.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
is it like one of those 3d images? do you have to like cross your eyes while staring at #1 or something?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
um....

i agree with my placing...

but what have i done that justified that move since the last update? win a Yuba City Tournament? Complain? Not make it out of pools at a UCLA Monthly? well its been a while since the last update maybe im forgetting something

if not an april fools joke then is this just some kind of appeasement for complaining? like have the list one way until the next update then go back to the way things were before?

or are we really just doing the list differently somehow? cause i remember anything i did since the last update that would raise me 4 spots

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Whytf are so many people falling for this list O__O haha. There's people who complain ALOT more than you Simna so if people moved up for complaining then umm like yeah those people would move up ;D

Btw Frotaz's Ganon fcking *****, notice how when he used to use Ganon he placed way better XD

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Whytf are so many people falling for this list O__O haha. There's people who complain ALOT more than you Simna so if people moved up for complaining then umm like yeah those people would move up ;D

Btw Frotaz's Ganon fcking *****, notice how when he used to use Ganon he placed way better XD
Can i be on the panel for the NorCal Complaining Rankings?

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I think the reason I placed better is because I stuck with one character, not cause that one character was Ganon.

Should be "notice how when he used to use 1 character instead of switching every few days he placed way better XD"

Miharu

Smash Hero
Delphiki is on the list because ICs have an infinite.

Duh.
Does that mean all Fox players should be number 1. and does that mean if we use IC's we'll be on power rankings?

I think I'll go play Bowser now. BOOZER FTW.

This is a joke. For all that haven't caught on yet. >_>

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I think the reason I placed better is because I stuck with one character, not cause that one character was Ganon.

Should be "notice how when he used to use 1 character instead of switching every few days he placed way better XD"
Nope that's definitely not it, you won because you played Ganon, i think it's about time you realized that hahah:lick:

LOLOL @ Bootle's post

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I don't get how the list itself isn't credible evidence :/
Its not that. Its just the fact that they pointed it out in the first place and not to mention the makers of the list not owning up to anything. TECHNICALLY there is nothing to go off of here. But does it really take a genius to notice how warped the list is? Thanks for showin us the way you awesome pointer outers. You make thinking seem like a chore!

Top Bottom