• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

quak

Smash Champion
okay, i'll probably host, tenatively scheduled for the 17th of may

i wasn't saying that i'd host one in a month, i was sayin i have a month to host one

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah, judging by his Goomba Isai isn't very happy at all =/

Perhaps a Meat Festival would cheer you up.

Or some Brawwwwwwlllllllll

King Out

Or maybe Ozzy being allowed back in the game. That would cheer up my mom too.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
u guys should just give isai a little tv with 64 on it

in socal i always get my little melee tv lol

SuperRad

Smash Master
anybody take the AP Stats test today? **** was ez

i got calc BC tomorrow, should be another slam dunk. i love that ****.

not looking forward to the Physics B test. if only because i know it'll be demoralizing. you get like 35% and get a 3. wtf is that ****.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
anybody take the AP Stats test today? **** was ez

i got calc BC tomorrow, should be another slam dunk. i love that ****.

not looking forward to the Physics B test. if only because i know it'll be demoralizing. you get like 35% and get a 3. wtf is that ****.
Good **** Brian. I remember ****** the **** out of my AP stats test.

rofl @ calc BC. I think I did well on the MC, but like I answer 2 FR questions to a decent degree, BS'd 3, and hardly answered one of them. And still got a 5. You got this.

quak

Smash Champion
This is bb on quak's account.

Yea, its mostly Melee =)

I am expecting you to show up so we can do falcon dittoes

SuperRad

Smash Master
i'm gonna **** over calc BC =[
I don't get ANYTHING about series lmao
that's uhh
taylor, maclaurin, legrange ****
and tests for convergence.
=/

i didnt think taylor/maclaurin were hard.
lagrange is just memorizing that formula and knowing what it means
tests for convergence, i only know like half. really if you know the ratio test you'll be fine for free response from what i've seen. usually they only ask for radius of convergence which is easiest done with ratio.

on a related note:
where are all the current seniors going to school?
i'm going to SJSU in the fall...

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
oh thats funny super rad, i'll be going to sjsu in the fall too!

i dont believe i'll be able to attend quakfest if its on the 17th, but i approve of all melee tourneys =D

the 24th is the only saturday in may i will be able to have another biweekly. yen said she's cool with that. i guess there will be 2 weekends of smash in a row. if this is bad, then i can shoot for first saturday of june instead.

edit: ehh i was going to do some more shoutouts from the biweekly that i totally forgot about

hydrochris: thanks for teaming with me. i think you'll note that my teams skills have significantly improved since i started teaming with nhat.

falcomist: sorry you had to have ian on your team. those doubles were so much fun though lol

ian: man you are a wildcard in teams. i see you do some crazy stuff, but half the time its on your teammate LOL

boback: thanks for the brawl friendlies, you should go a little harder on me next time. i think you only took me seriously when someone called next lol. im not mad about the wobbles BTW, i didnt really expect to win. i have johns about that tourney but they're legitiment and therefore no fun.

erikson (sorry if i mispelled) your fox isreally fun to play against. brinstar is so much fun too. even though i got beat pretty hard i enjoyed that match.

lucien: brawl finals is a severe dissapointment. lets be less lame next time :embarrass

zel, king, germ, and hella: yeah ok watching you guys do stuff in brawl was kinda cool, and brawl doesnt suck. i still prefer melee though.

zhu: i think you owe a lot of people rapecakes...

i'd give one for silentspectre but he wont read it.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Does BC have multivariable stuff on it? I was ******** in high school and I took the AB in 11th grade, even though I was going to get college credit for it anyway when I took Calc 2&3 at the community college my senior year, so I have no idea what's on BC. I took whatever Physics AP is the more general one, C I guess, and I got a 4 on it even though we didn't have AP physics at my school. I got a 5 on English. However I got a 2 on US History. Fail.

Taylor series are insanely useful btw.

Isai perhaps MEATFEST will cheer you up.

So guys, I have some ideas to push teams into the light. I think most people don't enter teams because they either don't have a partner or it's just not worth it to play 2-3 sets. To that end, how about we do some round robin stuff for teams so that everyone is guaranteed like 4-6 sets? I know all of us that already love teams would like that, but it won't be that useful unless we draw in some of those people that just enter singles: I think this would motivate people that show up by themselves usually to try to find a teams partner, as it will be more worth their money than entering singles. TO's would also help people find teammates. I considered also doing something like raising the payout for teams, but I don't think it would attract that many new teams because most of the 'good' people that people want to play against already play teams.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
It would be interesting to do some kind of round robin where you switch partners. I dont know how it would work. It could let people team up with people they never thought they could and find people they didnt know they work well with. It sounds fun to me but seems complicated to pull off.

SuperRad

Smash Master
i think Physics B is the most general one (what im taking this year). C is electricty and magnetism, i think?

BC is whats on AB and series, basically. no multivariable.

i was going to take the AP english exam without doing the AP English course, but decided not to pay the money for it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
that (switching up partners) also won't work in a competitive environment because people will throw matches after they are out of contention in order to help their friends out

and teaming with a random just isn't fun when you get torn up by a team that has some semblance of teamwork; finding teammates on the spot isn't the issue, it's much more difficult to find a stable teammate for an extended period of time

a lot of peoples' styles simply don't cater to playing with an unpredictable teammate

darkatma

Smash Hero
okay i think i kinda get it
hopefully i'll get a 5

and I'm going to WashU next year.. freaking midwest. I'm coming back to visit all my Cal buddies at least 5 times a year lmao. Oh, and attend smashfests during those times as well.
(chose WashU over Cal/LA with regents/Northwestern, but i'm kinda regretting not going to cal)

edit:
lol oops lagrange.. not legrange

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
the 24th is the only saturday in may i will be able to have another biweekly. yen said she's cool with that. i guess there will be 2 weekends of smash in a row. if this is bad, then i can shoot for first saturday of june instead.
Just a warning, Fanime kicks off on the 24th, so I think it's safe to assume that a lot of people won't be able to make the NCB.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
hey quak, what time are your tourneys usually over?
because i'm like an hour and a half away and i work at 10pm...
so... would it even be worth it for me to go?

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
I think I should just only play teams and quit singles for the rest of my life. I went 0-2 in Brawl singles and 1-2 in Melee singles.

I really think Brawl doubles >>>> singles if the singles metagame keeps going the way it is (not that singles isn't fun for me still). I think doubles takes a more diverse and interesting skillset to win also. Plus it's potentially easier to win money in teams, so there should be a bigger draw for it.

That being said, I really would like to see doubles become the 'main event' or at least at the same degree as singles are now. Any thoughts?
Sheridan. Singles is GEY unless ur jeff v. Isai...on pokefloats
then it's hella funny.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=odnzpwhtATs the ending is super epic.

Teams ftw yall. I kinda quit singles a while back. Teams is just too fun.

Quak can i come, I'm a melee fan! i want insies !>.>

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
yeah im really not a fanime kind of guy, and rey already brought it to my attention.

my dilemma is the fact that my weekends can get busy really fast, so perhaps i will just say ok im going to reserve this weekend in june for a biweekly. but may 30th is busy for me so...

being that quakfest is in a couple weeks might tide you guys over. i'll take the 24th annoucement off the title and think on it

sidefx

Smash Champion
actually, ive had some interest from socal, to have an NCB in june, perhaps quak's can keep us occupied till then like you said. but yeah there is a definite socal interest in a June NCB toward the first half of june

SuperRad

Smash Master
i thought the 30th was a wed for some reason.
guess im just ********

i ****in trounced the calc test. there were like, three multiple choice questions i MIGHT have gotten wrong. one of them was do to weird wording and possibly me being ********, the rest were just tricky. atleast i think i got most of em right. who knows, i could've gotten a bunch wrong :laugh:

Top Bottom