• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Zoap

Smash Master
pools is dependent on how many entrants in singles there is. We wont do pools if we only have 20 ppl as we can just do a bracket and save time. So convince your friends to enter and there will be some poolios

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
IF you don't like me it's because

a) You're anal retentive.

b) You have no sense of humor

c) You're gay

d) You suck at smash

e) You're whiteboyninja

f) You like whiteboyninja

g) You've talked to whiteboyninja in a genial manner

h) You have no friends to begin with

i) You think college gets you a job.

All of this is irrefutable evidence and if you try to contradict anything I have just stated, it will not only be dumb as ****, but you will also be falling into another one of my clever ploys to piss people off for no reason than for my own amusement.

Tempting, right?

quak

Smash Champion
IF you don't like me it's because

a) You're anal retentive.

b) You have no sense of humor

c) You're gay

d) You suck at smash

e) You're whiteboyninja

f) You like whiteboyninja

g) You've talked to whiteboyninja in a genial manner

h) You have no friends to begin with

i) You think college gets you a job.

All of this is irrefutable evidence and if you try to contradict anything I have just stated, it will not only be dumb as ****, but you will also be falling into another one of my clever ploys to piss people off for no reason than for my own amusement.

Tempting, right?
nintendoking enjoys d*ck more than ice cream

MacD

Banned via Administration
so, MacD will most likely be able to make an appearence at this tourny

so be prepaired all, the blue peach of death is coming

ok, maybe not of death, but hey, i am looking forward to freindly teams and getting dair by ganon and somehow teching it down when i am at like 100 so i go back to the ground insted of die

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
so, MacD will most likely be able to make an appearence at this tourny

so be prepaired all, the blue peach of death is coming

ok, maybe not of death, but hey, i am looking forward to freindly teams and getting dair by ganon and somehow teching it down when i am at like 100 so i go back to the ground insted of die
if you want to get dair'd by a Ganon, then Im the one you want to play. Im pretty sure that me and the crew are coming to this............................I hope.

park5150

Smash Ace
Kizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzokizzo

Miztik

Smash Master
Why???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? i was probaly gunna be able go man

Kizzo you just 4-stocked my heart :'(

Gaara♥

Smash Master
that was just mean park lol
but seriously i was actually gonna go this one and show off how newby I am...
oh well.. some other time guys

DRGN

Technowizard
IIRC platinum is the only color that differs significantly in joystick sensitivity/durability, as opposed to Black/Indigo/Orange. I don't know how the describe it exactly, but it's a bit easier to break in, as well as being a bit more stiff than the other ones. Also, Platinum controllers lack the small plating that is supposed to lock the L/R triggers in place, inside the casing. If you've ever opened up a controller, you'll see what I mean.
I think it's unlikely that it's linked to the color of the controller. If I had to guess, it has to do wtih when or where the controller was made; like all controllers made after a certain date have that 'defect.' And it probably is just very close to the date that platinum controllers started coming out, so it just seems like they all have that 'defect.' Or the platinum ones are all made in a different factory and so all have that problem (and so would any non-platinum ones that are made there. But I actually have experienced what you are talking about. The R trigger on my platinum controller kind of wobbles in the controller casing, so sometimes when I go to lcancel, it'll rub against the casing and kind of get stuck, and it will mess me up. This made me swtich back to my indigo controller.
Yeah I noticed that missing alignment piece. The first time noticed it I was like "Wtf; has this been taken apart before? Modded like this for some reason? Did it come out somehow when I took it apart??" lol. But I've noticed it in more controllers now, some I know haven't been taken apart before, so I realized it must be factory for some.

Hyuga that's a good point, though wouldn't that still just indirectly link the "defect" to that color? This is interesting though, I wish I knew how to follow this lead.

I know there are different constructions of joysticks. The more common ones have the mechanical parts encased in a metal housing, others have a hard plastic housing. The differences are between how they attach to the circuit board, and I think they may have different potentiometers on them than the metallic housed ones. Which would mean that circuit boards are also made differently, and that they'd be practically incompatible with different ones. Though I'm not sure if the potentiometers are or not, I'll just have to do some testing.

I'm pretty sure the spice (orange) controllers generally have softer/more yielding joysticks, and -like you said, HK- the platinum have a bit tougher/tighter ones. I wonder about the other colors though.... I think Black may be in-between the tautness of Spice and Platinum, but this is just based on a small sample size I have.

Isai noooo, you are lying. Don't leave me, we need to play old smash.
k i won't K Balls
Also, I'd love to play you in Perfect Dark` 64 sometime, I hear you enjoy that game. I also enjoy it. ;)

There will NOT be a biweekly this weekend.
NNNnnnoooooo....

Fudge... me and Delphiki were thinking about coming to this one.

i have the most technical fox in norcal. there ive said it.
I don't doubt it.

I uhmm, have a Zelda that's not too bad, as far as Zeldas go. That's kind of original.... >.>

Oh! Speaking of Zelda, go check out the Dojo if you haven't already seen her new dark costume! The colors all go together great, and the white|silver hair is a great touch too. Pretty ****in' cool.

RPK

Smash Lord
w00t Thanksgiving! Time to get fat and eat turkey/stuffing/pie/other things. Then leave at 6 to stand in front of fry's electronics for 12 hours @_@

Miztik

Smash Master
Happy Thanksgiving everyone have a happy turkey day

and umm.....................................................................

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRGN

Technowizard
noooooooooooooooooo i never got to play you =(

I have a Ganondorf thats not bad. =P

Happy Thanksgiving you hungry people.
I am indeed hungry and will enjoy my feast today, :D. And btw, you should bring that Ganon up to Sacramento more often, I haven't seen you or the rest of you San Pablo guys in a while. Come to sac to compete! We're not that far and we now have a great venue. ;)

It was nice seeing people at the bi-weeklies.

bye
I think I just heard a thousand voices cry out in anguish.

Isai, I hardly knew you at all, but I'll still miss you. You were a cool guy (& downright incredible smasher of course), and, even though you probably don't remember me, you were one of the first professionals I ever met (I still remember shaking your hand when NK introduced us at my first NCB).

Anyways, enough of my reminiscing, have a good Thanksgiving people! :)

Top Bottom