• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
haha thanks.. I was going to actually play but then i got super side tracted and blahh... is there still a need for cubes??

The Game II

Smash Champion
Why is nothing being donated? WTF???

You cheap *******s do you want this tourney to happen or not?
This is BTZO btw:
WTF are you talking about, it is not our obligation to support OC3, we had discussed donating on the boards, and all made a decision not to, considering that there is not a set venue or date even. Don't go throwing names around and sht when u don't know what's going on.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I wasn't blaming you specifically, I just wish that people would have more of a desire to get the tournament going. People continue to ask for a date and venue but ignore the fact: without the ability to PAY for the venue, there won't be one.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I wasn't blaming you specifically, I just wish that people would have more of a desire to get the tournament going. People continue to ask for a date and venue but ignore the fact: without the ability to PAY for the venue, there won't be one.
This is The Game II (lol)

What everyone here is saying is, have a set date and a proposed venue, THEN ask for money.

For me, having been around a lot of different games, asking for donations after the tournament is announced is near common practice. Even mattdeezie did it for TG6, where he asked for donations after he locked up the venue.

--GCII

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Hey Azn I was hoping you would've been at UCLA last month. I was going to see if you wanted to team ^_^.

Anyways Glenn, the situation with OC3 is that once the venue is secured, they will still need the funds for it - and time is running short. And I think I speak for everyone here when I say it will be a great tournament.

How's everything going over there? Have singles started yet?

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
gg Hella and DC. I hope we have another soon.

First tourney in a while. Thanks kizzo for hosting.

Oh yeah, tetris was fun today also... even if it was 1 - 20. I want revenge.

RPK

Smash Lord
GG everyone! hope to have another tournament soon
Dreads: Your Falco has gotten a lot better man keep it up!
Ian: it was cool playing some friendlies with you man.
Kizzogirl: Argg I almost got you there at mute city!!! Dx but GG man
Isai: lol Good luck with that mine sweeper setting. Post a screen shot here if you beat it!
Bob$: Good **** man. I hope to play you again at fanime or some other near by tourney... :3
BTZO: That burger really didnt look too good man...Xp bleh! oh and it was cool playing some doubles :3
SideFx: **** it your ICs have really gotten better from what I have last seen and **** you and your wobbling!!!!
Everyone else: Good ****. I hope to do it again some time soon :3

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Yeah um.. thanks for coming everybody. That getyourtournament.com site is awesome - I didn't know that was there. How long have they been doing that? Is it The Game 2's doing? Nealdt? Whoever it is, stop spelling my name with a space in it.

Yeah that OC3 business.. ... .. . yeah. I heard some strange things from the players at the tournament today that made us decide not to reserve funds just yet. That's basically what happened, and I don't really have much else to say about that.

Don't ask me when the next tournament will be - I don't know. The next tournament will happen... when I feel like it. But hopefully soon. You guys really don't do anything with your lives : ). See ya.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Haha David.

"That site is great EXCEPT STOP SPELLING MY ****ING NAME WRONG ****ING STUPID **** I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUT **** YOU NO SPACE DAMMIT"

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Anyways Glenn, the situation with OC3 is that once the venue is secured, they will still need the funds for it - and time is running short. And I think I speak for everyone here when I say it will be a great tournament.
I'm sure alot of the smashers would be happy to donate to OC3, but alot of us feel uncomfortable donating to something that could potentially not even happen considering that nothing is secured yet. I'm almost positive once everything is set, we will give our fair share of donations.

Anyways great tournament guys...umm im pretty tired so ill do some shoutouts later or something...hella good seein everybody again though XD:p

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I've heard my share too, and I've also talked to Mana quite often recently. Either way you believe - you can simply hold on to the money until you feel it's right to donate, and in the case you decide not to, you can later redistribute it in prizes, or food/refreshments for the community where you got the donations. As it is, things are grim.

edit: It would be great if you all could post in the donation thread ( here ) and let Mana know how much you will be donating once a venue is confirmed. That is a fair compromise, don't you think?

sidefx

Smash Champion
a couple of us, (germ, king, zoap concord crewish ) have found a venue for a tournament hopefully scheduled for mid/late june. we have a fatty out of state pot ready to go ( from the old nct2 pot that never happened) and honestly i think that if were taking cuts out of the pot for the biweeklies for other tournaments.. it should be for our own tournaments first. cause the sjsu biweeklies already have a bunch of stuff being taken out of pot for various other things ( room, charge, and now the oc3 )? it was almost going to be 10 dollars for singles.. yet only 5 would only be going to the pot.. to me thats ridiculous. we already have people not wanting to pay more than 7ish dollars for singles.. so how far are we going to go out of the way for oc3 donations to put 3rd place almost basically at even

and delphiki,, seriously stop acting like youre incharge of this ****.. if you want to donate THAT BAD, then you can take it out of the biweeklies at the sac ones you run. there are PLENTY of biweeklies for donations to be taken out of.. i personally think the sjsu ones ( which i might add ARENT consistant right now.. because they are random dates) should be going to the future norcal tourny that will be held soon in june.

ps. stop using green ic's thats my ****.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I don't know where you're looking, but the singles results are up on the web site.

I'll give everything out tomorrow. I'm going to sleep in a couple minutes.

--GCII

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Please don't attack me for not donating. I attempted to make money through food/drink sales at DG IV, but I ended up losing money on those sales. Nonetheless I donated $100 to OC3. I haven't run any other tournaments since then, but when the biweeklies resume I will be saving money from the pot to donate.

I WOULD completely agree that the money should go to our own tournaments, but if the community were to come together and support OC3, it would surely be a much larger tournament. The potential it holds is enough for me to encourage everyone to support it.

ps. I love how people accuse me of things when I try to get stuff done or give my opinion.

Glenn - Thanks. I was refreshing the doubles page since 3. ^_^

edit: What was the thread title? NorCal OC3 Beans? I was going to use that for the tourney's name....

edit2: Does anyone have the team names for doubles? Bitzo? PM me or post if you do please.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Why is nothing being donated? WTF???

You cheap *******s do you want this tourney to happen or not?
Nobody had an issue with you until you posted this. What the **** do you expect when you make a statement like that, hugs and kisses?

You make a big deal out of something that you clearly don't know all the facts about, then you turn around and say people are attacking you for "not donating," when the fact was that you clearly started the whole argument first.

Eh, don't take it personally. I'm just a bit angry right now at life.

Narfanator

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
NARF#806
man....I didnt even make top 25....it was still fun though...felt good to take a break from life to play video games the whole day

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
was good fun today. I am glad I finally got to play shadow and falcomist in friendlies. I am not too satisfied with my tournament performance though. On a side note is there anyway to change my tia history to just Lucien instead of ZodiakLucien. ZodiakLucien is just what I use on smashboards. I would much rather it just say Lucien on my history.

Narfanator

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
NARF#806
thanks but it still needs a lot of work...i still havent figured out how Hugs is soo good yet though...so im going to go to a lot more tourneys

The Game II

Smash Champion
My tapes are blank....

....the ones I didn't use. lol

I thought I'd need 2 days to get it done, but I'm just about finished. So they'll be up Monday afternoon.

--GCII

Snap

Smash Ace
delphiki

delphiki i swear to god

you really bug me.

you come out of nowhere

and all of a sudden decide that the smash community is so great and you want to be a part of it

so you post a ridiculous amount and you always make a point to be a PART OF EVERYTHING like you're in charge of it (tio and now donations?) and you love to explain how much you agree with other people's posts without adding any substance and pretty much you just provide the smash community with sht that they don't need, enjoy, or appreciate.

why couldn't you wait 10 hours for GCII to put up the results? why do you like to take on all these responsibilities?

i dont know what role you expect to work yourself into but i really don't think you're doing it right. i've never even met you in person but I swear to god I don't need to. what I've seen so far is enough--maybe too much.

i think it's funny that in your sig you have a quote from Dire that makes a reference to your name. to me this looks like wow, you got some recognition from somebody known in the smash community so you're going to grab it, hold on to it, show it off to the world, and hope that people will like you for it.

and i really don't think it was wise to call us cheap *******s for not donating.

like BTZO said, it is not our obligation to donate. and you are in no place to insult us for not donating. that's someone else's job. not yours.

in my eyes you're still a newcomer whose fcking Colbert avatar I see on 10 posts every page of every thread

and I can't wait for only 30 seconds to pass by before you reply to this because I know it won't be long until you read it.

mike666

Smash Apprentice
even tho i couldnt stay for singles i still think this was an awesome tourny. props to david for wakn his *** up hella early on a sat to help set up(and prolly cleanin up as im typing this). like i said, david you're hella good :)

good **** to all the teams we played - especially bob and germ - those matches were too close.

btw, snap i didnt wanna quote your post cuz it would take hella more space on this page and i dont want that, but i gotta say, i luv what you have to say - you're too funny

Top Bottom