• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noobs Guide for Becoming Non-Noob

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Wow. This last weeks, I've gotten alot better at mindgames. I never knew how 00ber smexy camping was.

Thanks for the thread Binx. Though much of it was pointless (because we've already known that) there were a few plastering goo to hold up the building of the knowledge of smash. (I make the worse metaphor.....)

Explaination threads are good because we can see them through other people's views. That's why we should make more.
Questioning threads are fail if they've already exsisted. (I think..... >_>)

Binx

Smash Master
Bah-Weep-Grahnah-Weep-Ninni-Bong.

This is certainly a good guide for even some less noobish players. Being reminded of proper tactics and mindsets that are effective is always good. I think though that maybe there should be something on spacing, what with its extreme importance; but I understand since this is a noob guide if you think its a bit early for that.

If you went over spacing and I did not notice it, I apologize and all that stuff.
I fully agree that spacing is the single most important thing to learn in smash and it should be started early, but its a very deep subject that takes a TON of practice and a lot of skill in prediction to really get good at. It isn't something I feel confortable writing a guide on because its the true mark of skill, one that I am not great at.

Keep in mind that the greeting doesn't work on Sharkticons.

Wow. This last weeks, I've gotten alot better at mindgames. I never knew how 00ber smexy camping was.

Thanks for the thread Binx. Though much of it was pointless (because we've already known that) there were a few plastering goo to hold up the building of the knowledge of smash. (I make the worse metaphor.....)

Explaination threads are good because we can see them through other people's views. That's why we should make more.
Questioning threads are fail if they've already exsisted. (I think..... >_>)

I'm glad your learning and I thank you for the positive critisism, as for the rest of that paragraph I am lost.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Yeah, spacing is a simple concept but difficult to explain in a way that is truly helpful to the execution of it.

If I were to define good spacing in one sentence it would prolly be along these lines:
"To control to the distance between you and your opponent so that it is favorable to you and disadvantageous to them."
Of course this helps almost none in how to do it; haha.

and yes, if I used that greeting on sharkticons, the Grimlock final smash would be needed. Jolly old times are had with the junkicons though.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
One sidenote is that I had no idea about the level of the computer info you gave, that's extremely helpful.

This guide is helpful. I think it needs to be an addendum to the guides/threads about what separates a noob from a pro. Mostly because I can't find those.

I'm personally in that weird position of being able to do the ATs but not able to incorporate them into my game, and that little training regimen you suggested will help and has helped enormously.

Thanks.

And ignore the haters.

maximus omega

Smash Cadet
Im gonna try the 10min stuff it sounds good and I usually practice by myself and i need to get the fastfall cancel part down good since im a marth player.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
i could of sworn ive seen a couple of threads like this before what a waste of ur time dude
1) Learn the english language. It is could *have,* not could of.

2) Just because there are similar threads does not make this a waste of time. In fact, that is good because each thread may cover something the others missed and thus act as a near-perfect conglomeration of tips to get better.

Binx

Smash Master
Im gonna try the 10min stuff it sounds good and I usually practice by myself and i need to get the fastfall cancel part down good since im a marth Smash Bros. player.
Fixed that for you, and thanks everyone for the feedback.

Also I really like that definition of spacing the problem is, is that smash is so fast that you have to predict where your opponent is going to be and what they will do at all times to be able to hit them, this is where experience comes in and the ability to know what they want to do.

I have a fun story to explain spacing.

So I was at this tournament and I was playing against someone who was using Fox, which used to be my main, now this kid played SO SIMILAR to how I was playing about 2 months before that I just knew exactly what he wanted to do all the time and I just kept hitting him out of every defensive move he made, I 4 stocked him 2 or 3 times in a row pretty easily and he wasn't much worse, its just that he was switching exactly when I expected him too, he wasn't even "really" being predictable I was just having an easy time predicting him, in short I had more experience with his character than he did and he was playing it the same way I was so it made the match up VERY easy for me. This was a good example of spacing because I stayed away from areas he was attacking and punished him consitently during his lag with well timed and accurate responses.

maximus omega

Smash Cadet
I just finished the training omg man what a big help I usually play lvl 9s and just try to kill the comp but man now with this new training my skillz are gonna get way better thx a lot.

Binx

Smash Master
Wow teenman you really need a ban or something, well as I see it you have 2 realistic options and I'm not going to bother with the unrealistic ones. 1) Quit smash, now normally I would advise against this but you don't seem to have a mindset to improve (probably because your just a really bad troll account)
2) Find someone else to play with and go to their house a lot and do it behind your mom's back.

Fine unrealistic ones
I do not condone any of these actions

3) trick your mom into getting into a space shuttle and you probably wont have to deal with her stopping your gaming for at least a month.
4) plant drugs on her and call the police
5) kick her in the uterus every time she tells you to do anything

Top Bottom