• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noobish Question..

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to l cancel dair into usmash, or even utilt? I keep trying, by my relusts keep pointing me to an obvious answer-no. ..But I'm sure there may be some skilled players who can prove me wrong...
Right? Also, was this possible in smash 64?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It's possible. It's not guaranteed, though.

It was probably possible in 64, but Z-cancelling was instant, so, there's that distinction.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
To combo Dair --> U-smash you need them at like 90+ and it also depends on character.

Basically at 90+, one hit of Dair will launch them (like Falcon's Stomp but crappier in every conceivable way). Unfortunately, his Dair is a multihit move and it has an extra hit at the end when you land that taps them away from you (like his Fair). So you have to do the Dair in such a way so you land a single airborne hit, avoiding the other hits, and avoid the ending hit when you land.

The easiest way to do it is to just Dair really late in your jump (almost when you hit the ground) and drift away from them.

From that launch you just run forward and JC U-smash.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
...how dare you take our information and apply it to That-Game-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named-Lest-It-Defile-The-Sanctity-Of-These-Boards.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The spin stun Dair is very good sometimes. It's also much easier to get with Kirby than it is with Puff, I find. I usually just F-smash or turn around U-tilt if I get it though. Better payoffs, usually.

Top Bottom