• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noobie Willing to Learn - Need Help..

Mape

Smash Rookie
Actual Question: How often do you guys use the C-Stick?

Some Background Info that go into other questions:

Just started playing Melee again..
I seem to be better then all my friends, yet they're all just noobs. I learn by watching videos of other players. I can SHFF but I just started practicing L-Cancel.
Referring to the above question, I use the C-Stick for Falco's Dair, but i fast fall it.. Should I learn without C-Stick? Or is this what most people do.
Here's what I'm able to do currently: I can cancel my shine quickly into a short hop (although i normally end up jumping high), I can SHL (i think that stands for short hop laser.. just a guess.) And... I tech all my falls in a different direction; actually it's random.
If you can point me towards a video that would really help me start practicing, that'd be great..

One last thing, where can I get original gamecube controllers? I've been borrowing my friends lately... but how long would I actually be borrowing his for? To my understanding, original gamecube controllers are no longer sold.

Any help is GREATLY** appreciated.
Thanks (:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
A lot of people use C-stick for their aerial moves (except N-air) because it gives you freedom to use your control stick to move around in a certain direction.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Try craig's list for controllers or asking random friends who have gamecubes but don't play melee (because they probably don't use them anymore). Also try flea markets too.

Read this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/mogwais-falco-thread-mogwai-plays-league-of-legends-and-doesnt-write-stuff.203781/
I'm assuming you've already watched the Advanced How To Play, but if not, search that up on youtube.

And yeah, most everyone uses C-stick, it's very helpful.

Also, find people in your area that actually know how to play. You get better by playing people better than you. And if they're willing to learn, try teaching this stuff to your friends.

Top Bottom