• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

none of these combos that work seem real

SK919

Deal with it
all these combos.. These jump shines... These Drill to Utilt to drill pilar stuff.. ALL THESE REPORTED FOX COMBOS!! Do not seem to be working!! They only work if my opponant sucks and forgets to shield after a drill or is to slow.

Give me a real combo!!

Superstar

Smash Champion
Drill to utilt and repeat is not an inescapable combo, at least except on maybe a FEW characters. Drill to uptilt IS an inescapable if timed right, and if you utilt spam a bit you might give more damage [character dependant]. Different moves after the drill require different percentages, for example my favorite, dsmash, requires at least 50% on Pit, and requires more to be almost 100% accurate.

Basically, the game cheats by giving more hitstun with more percentage, and as the drill has no knockback...see what I mean? At higher percentages, depending if you hit right, they are stunned longer, and you can do laggier and laggier moves and hit. USmash requires AT LEAST 100% and is horribly inaccurate punishable if I miss that I formed a habit of DSmashing to kill.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
They work, as long as your opponent doesn't predict it at certain percentages with certain characters. (not listing them now) If you play more you'll get the combo's to work, just be erratic with them. A staple combo i like is Dair->utilt-utilt-> nair, chase follow up has had great results with me. Shine is alot of fun too, even if you can't shinespike someone, getting them near the edge will make them nervous of the possibility if they're aware of it. I also recommend learning sh double laser (Much fun).

AREL0E

Smash Apprentice
I do the Dair to Utilt all the time, it does work, just depends on the character.

When all else fails upsmash

Lemoj

Smash Rookie
dair->uptilt->uptilt->uptilt->uptilt->bair/nair chase and uair/nair/bair/fair usmash and gg.

Valken

Smash Apprentice
If they keep shielding do what I do. Dair > Dthrow > Fair

It's really simple, basically after your Dair, just either spot dodge, or shield. Odds are that after the Dair you opponent will do everything in there power to shield or attack you. Dair to shield grab usually works wonders, but watch out for counter grabs. That's where Dair to spot dodge comes in.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
dair->uptilt->uptilt->uptilt->uptilt->bair/nair chase and uair/nair/bair/fair usmash and gg.
I could see the variation of dair->4xutilt->Nair->fair->upsmash working on working if the opponent really messed up their di, but it wouldn't kill them, as light characters (who would die at this dammage) wouldn't get caught in this, theyd get out after the second or third utilt. I won't argue that it's a good combo if you can find the opportunity for it, but it WON'T kill anyone on it's own.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
If you really want to be fancy, you could do the footstool burn combo.

It's the new less useful waveshine for super technical Fox players in Brawl.

Valken

Smash Apprentice
There's only 1 real combo in brawl

1)Dust off that GC
2)Insert Melee
3) ????
4)Combos/Profit
You're making this to difficult.

Let me ease it up for you.

1) Skip step one
2) Insert Melee
3) Select Fox
4) Combos/Profit

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Why does everybody say you can't shinespike, i do it all the time. My friends and I are at high level play, and i can get gimps all the time against bowser, ike, marth, toon link, and kirby (for kirby it takes 2 or 3 shines) Anyway, comboes are now less set comboes and more reading and understanding what your opponent is gonna do and act accordingly. True comboes are only weak hit ones like marth and R.O.B.'s double fair comboes, but then again at high % you can DI out of it, so instead of going for the 2nd fair, you land and f-smash. More about reading people, less about using definite comboes.

Top Bottom