• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Non-Emphizised Characters

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
This is for the characters Nintendo failed to put the focus on in the trailers. Could potentially be assist trophies in the final. I believe I saw Balloon Fighter in the debut trailer.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The Balloon Fighter was just Villager, probably using his UP B move. So I guess that confirms that the actual balloon fighter won't be in the game.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I dunno why everyone's so worked up about Toon Link being on the Spirit Tracks stage. I can see Toon Link being a WiiiU-exclusive character, and just making a cameo appearance in the 3DS version.

grizby2

Smash Lord
wasn't toon link in ALOT of hand held games? and theres also the HD remake of wind waker. id say theres a good chance that toon link is in both versions.

peach hasn't appeared yet, but im prreeetty sure shes there. what type of make-over do you think she got? classic peach? a sunshine peach skin maybe?
theres no attention to the mother series yet, but hey.. im cool with that, no hard feelings, and certainly no crying 'till the end baby. ya know?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I dunno why everyone's so worked up about Toon Link being on the Spirit Tracks stage. I can see Toon Link being a WiiiU-exclusive character, and just making a cameo appearance in the 3DS version.
There are no exclusives

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
There are no exclusives
I hadn't heard that, but it's a relief. I was starting to feel a little suspicious since there are no screens of Villager or Wii Fit Trainer on the 3DS version while there are for everyone else.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
The video with sakurai's words said 'same number', I'm hoping its a translation error. But could mean exclusive characters

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
The video with sakurai's words said 'same number', I'm hoping its a translation error. But could mean exclusive characters
The translator says that the number of characters will be the same, "but some of the stages will be completely different". The way he contrasted those statements suggests that the characters will not be different. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Im sad. I didn't see hide nor hair of Zoroark.:( Still hoping he gets in though.
I wouldn't worry about any characters yet! Lucario was revealed a whole lot later than this, and I imagine Zoroark would be pretty similar.

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't worry about any characters yet! Lucario was revealed a whole lot later than this, and I imagine Zoroark would be pretty similar.
I really hope so. As soon as he's revealed Im going to breathe a sigh of relief. Till then I guess if Lucario is still in then I'm fine.

As a side note I hope they fix Meta Knight

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
The translator says that the number of characters will be the same, "but some of the stages will be completely different". The way he contrasted those statements suggests that the characters will not be different. At least, that's how I interpreted it.
As an (admittedly novice) Japanese speaker, the untranslated version does seem less ambiguous. He says that the 3DS version's character "types" or "variety" will be the same as the Wii U's, which seems to suggest the character sets will be identical.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
When he says "The characters will be the same" is when the idea of version exclusives will go away. As of now, no. There's still a chance. We have yet to see 3DS WFT, and Villager material. This could be because of development time, but, who knows.

Top Bottom