• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOA Treehouse to Stream Final Version of Smash 3DS Sept. 12th

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Earlier this afternoon, Nintendo of America announced that their Treehouse division will be streaming the final version of Smash Bros. for 3DS on September 12th, the same day that the game is released in Japan. During this time they will also be covering upcoming games, but no doubt people's interest will lie in the new Smash Bros. title. What will the Treehouse reveal? Tune in on the 12th to find out!

This is a bold move by Nintendo - are you excited to see it straight from the source? Will they announce any new info? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit will be watching this while playing his own Japanese copy of the game. Get excited with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Is there any information on what time this starts?

Also, first.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Iwata: "Do you think the streamers will ruin Smash for everyone outside of Japan?"

Sakurai: "HA! Not if we stream it first!!!"

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I suspect massive crashboards on Friday :)

Prepare your hype, folks.

Last edited:

NeroRevolver

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeroRevolver
So many people are going to be streaming, its going to be hard to choose what to watch.

D1, M2K, Treehouse, GIMR, etc.

Help.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Can't wait for them to accidentally unlock a new character and have to close the stream. Or a Bowser Jr. reveal.

L. Lawliet

Smash Rookie
I dont think they will reveal too many new characters, maybe the doc and jr. but i do forsee a dlc announcement or maybe a playthrough of classic

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
"This is a bold move by Nintendo - are you excited to see it straight from the source?"

I'm about 80% sure that's a rhetorical question.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Source: "But first, we'll be covering some upcoming games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS."

Translation: "We know you really just want to watch Smash, but since we'll have your undivided attention we first want to use it to advertise other Nintendo games."

You know, it would be great if they just released a Twitch app on the Wii U to where you can either stream games or record chunks and upload them through an easy interface. Would seriously be awesome, the technology is already there.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Idk if I should expect something truly hypeworthy or not...
Will they reveal Ridley/Mewtwo....or not?
If they do reveal a new character, I only hope it's at least someone that hasn't been leaked already. I.E. Not Bowser Jr. or Duck Hunt Dog.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It either Bowser Jr. and/or Duck Hunt Dog, or a really hype trailer with Ridley and/or Mewtwo.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
This will be so nice to watch. I'll probably be at a tournament then though :p

Last edited:

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
OMG! I am so hyped! *runs in circles*
I hope they will reveal the remaining newcomers and veterans.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
The hype.

The hype is real.

I don't even care if they don't show new stuff (relating to Smash), I love the Treehouse!

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
I've got mixed feelings... I was expecting some trailers and explanations from Sakurai, not direct gameplay x') But, heh, that's still awesome. The hype is killing me. x')

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i'm very highly curious to what we are gonna see... are they gonna be unlocking characters?

B1gBandJazZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp4464
3DS FC
0903-3227-6508
Nintendo knew I'm turning 19 on Friday, so they decided to stream Smash for me as a birthday gift!

GET

HYPEEEEEEEE

Last edited:

Smashbert

Smash Rookie
Nintendo matters well announce all the characters that day cause its all gonna be out there..cause the trollin ends this friday lol

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Finally......the moment of truth......Mewtwo........are you in?

By this point Greninja's a great character, Shulk, even after never touching Xenoblade Chronicles will probably become one of my mains, and black yoshi IS confirmed, so yeah.

But I still feel as if it needs Mewtwo.

Last edited:

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
what if they show off some more characters flat out, leave the rest in ???? like in brawl,then teases us dlc newcomers!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Can't wait for them to accidentally unlock a new character and have to close the stream.
I can see that happening:
'Unlocks Duck Hunt Dog'
'Twitch Chat goes crazy'
Bill Tinen: Oh, um, 'wrinkles paper', technical difficulty!
Please stand by!
'10 minutes later after some pizza and data erasing'
Bill: 'wipes sauce off lip' We're back!
:laugh:
Also, I have to post it:
image.jpg
:laugh:

MaKDaddy

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperKSonic
3DS FC
5327-1170-6357
Does anyone know if they will record it for youtube cause I might be missing it.

Top Bottom