• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No X/Y Reveal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
After all the hype, all the excitement, all the anticipation, did I miss something, or was there no pokemon reveal to go with X/Y?

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
The "Challanger Approching" Banner is still gone, so we're all praying for monday... i guess. Maybe, because of the offical release on saturday, it wouldn't make sense to show a "new" pokemon that was at friday offically still unknown. Or maybe Sakurai just forgot to Update the website.. but hey, we will see.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It'd feel like a lost opportunity if he didn't reveal anything linked to X/Y's launch. I wouldn't even mind if it was a Pokemon stage revealed, but geez, give us something. He celebrated Wind Waker's release with Toon Link, and revealed Sonic (pretty early) to help promote Sonic Lost World.

Pokemon is as important as both those franchises, and X/Y has gone through so much marketing and change to be the next big step in Pokemon's line of games. Not revealing anything Pokemon themed to celebrate X/Y in Smash feels a little disrespectful.

I wouldn't start hating Sakurai for this, but, geez. I hope there's something in the Miiverse updates.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Probably the fact that X/Y don't need more merchandising from Smash Bros, instead of Sonic, Pikmin and Zelda HD is the reason we didn't get the announcement. I'm still pretty confused by it but hey, it's Sakurai. I hope we'll see someone tomorrow.

Show Me Your Moves

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1762-2678-0474
I have a feeling Sakurai is going to make the "reveal"on Monday. But even then, the "reveal" might just be a new stage or item.

I have a feeling that he might just reveal the poke-balls...? Since they haven't revealed that yet. :ohwell:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Hoping for Mewtwo....

....but it's probably going to be Jigglypuff, with new Fairy attacks.

So it's basically gonna play out like this:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's quite possible that they'll be doing a reveal on Monday to continue the post launch momentum.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I want a whole week of WFT sleeping like that in all the announced stages.

WFT sleeps on Battlefield
WFT sleeps on Windy Hill Zone while Sonic says "Step it up"
WFT sleeps on Wily's Castle while the Yellow Devil attacks her
WFT sleeps in Pyrosphere's hole

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hoping for Mewtwo....

....but it's probably going to be Jigglypuff, with new Fairy attacks.

So it's basically gonna play out like this:
that was Friday the reveal was thought but then its just a regular picture of wii fit trainer

but seriously though I would not be surprised if sakurai posted a character for pokemon x and y I mean he bought both x and y TWICE

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If the reveal is Jigglypuff, I give up looking forward to this shoddy brawl update.
That's the spirit!

It makes sense if we don't get a Pokemon rep at all for the game. The past characters that have been announced may have needed a little boost to hype up their game. Pokemon? Nah, they don't need any type of promotion. I would hope to see a Pokemon character, but it's kind of unnecessary.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
but seriously though I would not be surprised if sakurai posted a character for pokemon x and y I mean he bought both x and y TWICE
In a recent outing, the guy lambastes active franchises in their sequeldom. Who knows what the dude is thinking.

All this work as developer has contributed to his entry into dementia.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Brawl? This is SSB4. We ain't in 2007. :awesome:
Tell that to the 90% brawl port characters currently confirmed for the game that have no change to their move sets.
Bowser and pit are all that's changed aside from the initial 3 newcomers shown which are hardly anticipated characters aside from Megaman.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Tell that to the 90% brawl port characters currently confirmed for the game that have no change to their move sets.
Bowser and pit are all that's changed aside from the initial 3 newcomers shown which are hardly anticipated characters aside from Megaman.
I'm sorry, but lighten up. No need to be all mopey for a game that hasn't even shown off its best parts yet. And not every character needed an overhaul. Bowser got an overhaul, Pit got specials that give him more freshness as a character, and Samus has been shown to be increased in power and speed. So far, that's pretty good to see. Remember that they will be updating and refreshing movesets up until the final months or weeks until release.

Barely any of the characters so far, albeit Link, that look "unchanged" needed to be changed. How can you even tell this from the few pictures we are getting a week? I sure can't. Sakurai said in interviews that he's having his staff help with balancing, and they will generally have more time to do all of this stuff without SSE taking over a lot of development. And he even said in a picture that they don't do balance until the end, where they can place characters together and have them duke it out.

Just calm down. They haven't even touched on the finer aspects of the game yet.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
I predict a double update on Monday: Pokemon Trainer and Pokemon Stadium 3.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Now they never said there would be a reveal for each release. People grasping for patterns are grasping for things that don't exist.

Speak for yourself because Villager was someone I desperately wanted in. I actually felt pretty meh about MegaMan. Also they have mentioned moves will be changed so you don't really know what's going on till the end. It is a fighting game by genre, what can they change besides characters/moves/stages?

C'mon guys. Be patient even though it's not really as likely as people think. Patience is a ver-chew

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How would you guys feel if we gotten the Kalos starters?
I'd be very dissapointed, just like I was with the Kalos starters. I don't see it as a possibility though, the Kanto starters are even more prominent in X & Y than the Kalos ones, it's pretty much like "Oh, you picked Froakie? Cool" and I haven't heard a mention of my starter since. Where as since I've picked Bulbasaur it has been in focus in regards to meta evolution, and Sycamore also fights you with the fully evolved Kanto starters later. Plus, the Kanto starters are heavily advertised in commercials for this game, the Kalos starters are not.

As for no Pokemon reveal. It's dissapointing, but I'm sure Sakurai won't make us wait from the 1st October 'till the 12th November or w/e until a new character reveal. But what do I know, I'm pretty much done trying to predict Sakurai, it's impossible.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sometimes I question does he truly know what he's doing...

(But hey, if he chooses to not do the reveal or heck, add any new PKMN-reps, then so be it.)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
As proven by the WFT reveal Sakurai takes pride in being unpredictable and quite frankly he's really damn good at it.

After today's reveal I'm officially done with trying to predict this dude... just gonna roll with the punches and expect the unexpected.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As proven by the WFT reveal Sakurai takes pride in being unpredictable and quite frankly he's really damn good at it.

After today's reveal I'm officially done with trying to predict this dude... just gonna roll with the punches and expect the unexpected.

He walks on his own road. That's the best we need to accept before embracing to follow this game's development.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
We still could get a "real picture of the day" like with sonic and maybe some others, Sakurai likes to play little mind-games on us

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Not that many veterans changed from Melee to Brawl either. Aside from changes in hitboxes, knockback, and slight animation changes Luigi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Samus, Ice Climbers, Fox, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Marth, and Ness stayed virtually the same moveset wise. It should also be noted that Mario, Bowser, and Mr. Game and Watch only received one new move each. 18 characters all together with slight changes and this is quite a lot when you consider how 5 characters from Melee were cut. This means that 18 of 21 characters (roughly 86%) that made it into Brawl were largely "ports". The thing that mostly changed these characters though was the overall game physics which is why characters like Captain Falcon and Sheik, despite not being too different from their Melee counterparts, took a tumble. We already know that SSB4's game physics will be different from Brawl so it's irrelevant if they are still mostly the same moveset wise because we don't know how they'll play in this new environment yet.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There might be no pokemon character at all in october because i realized friday R.O.B could get friday due to the nes anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom