• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No wave-dash mabey?...possible discovery

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
At: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html the new update is "moving and shooting"...honestly, I never thought they'd add that...makes you think, what if they made it able to sheild while -running, jumping, crawling...would this be possible? If so, would it kill wave-dashin... also did anyone conside this too?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Arent you that guy everyone hates.
Nah that was you in highschool.

hey stupid :

If you could do smash attacks while running, what happens to dash attacks? that have been in the TWO PREVIOUS GAMES.

Just because you can move with a gun and shoot. doesnt mean the entire way the game works is going to change. I would put 5000$ on the table that your ''possible discovery'' is in no way at all possible to occur in Brawl.

Also the fact that you think there might be aerial shields in brawl makes me suspect that you were dropped a few times as a kid

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I hope they dont let you graduate.
Little harsh, don't ya think?

Actually, it wouldn't kill wavedash (if its even still there), because this only applies to projectile-based items. there not effecting characters as a whole.... or at least as we know it for now.

weasleman333

Smash Apprentice
I found a few wavedashing spots in the nintendo world trailer.

1. at the end wario does a 180 jump and wavedashes when he lands
2. at the end neer where wario wavedashes, meta-knight wave dashes on uper platform

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Nah that was you in highschool.
Ooo good one did your mom help you with that one?...let me ask...she said no so more props to you...

If you could do smash attacks while running, what happens to dash attacks? that have been in the TWO PREVIOUS GAMES.

Just because you can move with a gun doesnt mean the entire way the game works is going to change. I would put 5000$ on the table that your ''possible discovery'' is in no way at all possible to occur in Brawl.
I didnt say it did *******...all I said was it was a possibility, ninja dont get agressive with your punk *** cause you cant beat me in: real life or this game, so owned...and die.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
wavedashing is probably dead anyways, it originated as a glitch.
False. Just. Plain. Undeniably. False. *cough, debug mode* *cough, concrete evidence that wavedashing was well known to the programmers*

Little harsh, don't ya think?
Hell no. '"You can run and shoot with the super scope, so the game might completly change, remove dash attacks and entirely negate the difference between running and standing, because that would get rid of wavedashing''

If these are the places his train of thought takes him than I dont see why any educational system would give him a degree.

I found a few wavedashing spots in the nintendo world trailer.
No you didn't

ninja dont get agressive with your punk *** cause you cant beat me in: real life or this game, so owned...and die.
You can't even ****ing spell. I doubt you have the motor skills required to beat me in either a fist fight or get anything less than 3 stocked by me in smash.

I didnt say it did *******...all I said was it was a possibility
Its nice to see you get your panties in a bunch. I love annoying people like you that are easily provoked, so I'll continue.

Sure, its a possibility. Its also a possiblity that captain falcon will wear a British Army uniform and have jigglypuffs moveset.

Same likeliness as what you're suggesting. Which is among the dumbest ''theories'' posted on this forum, ever.

Dont believe me? Watch this get closed.

Hax

Smash Champion
lol if you could shield during a jump this game would be ********; you can't get grabbed when you're in the air (unless you're JUST about to hit the floor - hence chaingrabbing..); that's practically invincibility.

i dunno if brawl is gonna be good or not but i sure as hell don't think we're gonna be airshielding anytime soon.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Hell no. '"You can run and shoot with the super scope, so the game might completly change, remove dash attacks and entirely negate the difference between running and standing, because that would get rid of wavedashing''

If these are the places his train of thought takes him than I dont see why any educational system would give him a degree.
Nigaa WTF are you talking about who said remove dash attacks...all I said is if any one would change up the system by mabey allowing to sheild why you run or jump. WTF are you talking about noob.

Hax,
for all we know they could make the sheild take longer to recover...then it wouldn't be invince, cause if you held it long...it would break...or mabey even just make the shield die quicker...either or.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If you shield while running, how would you roll?See how ******** this is already? If you shield while jumping, how would you airdodge?

I'm not even going to go any further, because the whole moving while shooting only applies to projectile items anyway.

/thread

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
God Dylan, it was a freaking idea. There's no need to be such a huge **** about it. You could have said "no, I don't think it's possible" but instead, you decide to first insult him and then post your opinion on it. Stop being such a prick.

Epok

Smash Ace
False. Just. Plain. Undeniably. False. *cough, debug mode* *cough, concrete evidence that wavedashing was well known to the programmers*

No you didn't

You can't even ****ing spell. I doubt you have the motor skills required to beat me in either a fist fight or get anything less than 3 stocked by me in smash.

Its nice to see you get your panties in a bunch. I love annoying people like you that are easily provoked, so I'll continue.

Sure, its a possibility. Its also a possiblity that captain falcon will wear a British Army uniform and have jigglypuffs moveset.

Same likeliness as what you're suggesting. Which is among the dumbest ''theories'' posted on this forum, ever.

Dont believe me? Watch this get closed.

LOL you have me crackin up. You are so cutthroat on the boards. But I would have to agree with you. The whole idea that running and shooting would negate seems pretty under thought. I wavedash just like everyone else in this game. but if its not in there Im not gonna die. ill just have to find a different way to play. its evident with players like Aniki who dont use it can still be a top dog in this game. but if they put it in there. im gonna use it. and if it was a glitch I think nintendo could have spotted it before the release and made appropriate changes. but anyway the idea that running and shoot would completely change game play, severely half baked.... sorry.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
If you shield while running, how would you roll?See how ******** this is already? If you shield while jumping, how would you airdodge?

I'm not even going to go any further, because the whole moving while shooting only applies to projectile items anyway.

/thread
It was just an idea...for all we no L and R = sheild and they change Z + direction to roll...the rolls already look different/faster, and we dont even know if theres a dodge air yet.

You know, by the time Dylan posted, I bet myself a dollar that the word "mom"would be in Jeremy's next post.
Got meh.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Rofl, I find mom come-backs/insults to be the most overused and uncreative comebacks/insults ever. They're also kinda predictable.

There's still airdodging, there's a pic of pikachu airdodging on the offical website.

Enfilade

Smash Cadet
i haven't logged in in centuries, and i rarely post, but i lurk here often and i'm a smash addict.

I felt the need to log in( a rare occasion) simply to say this:

Dylan_Tnga is a worthless ****.

Nice DBZ avatar champ, you're an intellectual superhero.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Quit jumping to conclusions. Your assertion that using items such as the Super Scope on the move could indicate that doing other things, such as shielding (although every unlikely), or grabbing, or maybe even moving backwards while facing forward (one of the primary advantages to WDing) isn't a terribly long shot, but to jump to "No wavedash?", is kind of ridiculous.

You see, it'd be this mat...

Kirye

Smash Ace
What the **** is wrong with Dylan? He has some anger problems.
Actually, if you read the posts, Dylan is basically sarcastic and harsh, while Feifer got all pissed off and easily angered, to the point where he even thought it'd be clever to use a mom joke. Which failed by the way. Horribly.

Plus it's movement with projectiles, how does that lead to "OMG SHIELD IN AIR?!"?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
What the **** is wrong with Dylan? He has some anger problems.
No I don't. I destroy stupid theories like ''because wario is running with a gun, there will be air shields'' with funny lines like the one I quoted in my siggy.

If you think I take these boards seriously than you're the one who needs help :laugh:

best part of thread : ''Aren't you that guy everyone hates?''

I dunno, with me its either you like me, or Ill ****ing annoy you. But swing by my thread sometime, Ive got quite a few people from here on msn, I play online smash with a bunch of em.. so ya chances are Im more well respected than you on here.

Actually, if you read the posts, Dylan is basically sarcastic and harsh, while Feifer got all pissed off and easily angered, to the point where he even thought it'd be clever to use a mom joke. Which failed by the way. Horribly.

Plus it's movement with projectiles, how does that lead to "OMG SHIELD IN AIR?!"?
Exactly, right on the money. Thanks man.

he has random outrages all the time
**** RIGHT! *** combusts *** !!

I felt the need to log in( a rare occasion) simply to say this:

Dylan_Tnga is a worthless ****.

Nice DBZ avatar champ, you're an intellectual superhero.
Aw, I'm flattered that you would go through that trouble for lil ol' me! I remember when someone made an account just so they could make a thread whining about me and got banned... good times.

And yes, despite the fact you're being sarcastic I would have to agree that I have more wits about me than most of the people here. However, not all of em. I have deep respect for many a poster here, shockingly enough all of whom can write intelligent structured english without resorting to .. whatever the hell Jeremy types in.

See I type kind of like that on msn I use ''u'' or ''gtg'' But this is an online forum. You are sharing your opinions with hundreds of other fellow people, and you have a choice.

either type like a moron, mispell words, dont make paragraphs, don't use punctuation, go ahead. You will be less respected on forums, trust me.

Or, you could put in the slight effort of actually communicating through text in a manner that makes you appear to at least have a few brain cells.

We're all just trying to get our opinions across to eachother, I believe that at least semi-inteligible english writing is neccesary to convey the true meaning behind your opinion, but that's just me.

LOL you have me crackin up. You are so cutthroat on the boards.
hahah, cutthroat. Good way to put it.. But I would never betray any of my allies ;)

/thread
PWNT by Red Exodus. The ''Will brawl suck?'' thread team will take you down any day with our powers of...

And this is REALLY FAR OUT THERE.

COMMON SENSE. AND LOGIC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets examine my anger problems! :laugh:

calm said:
I didnt say it did *******...all I said was it was a possibility, ninja dont get agressive with your punk *** cause you cant beat me in: real life or this game, so owned...and die.
VS

GUY WITH ANGER ISSUES said:
Sure, it's a possibility. It's also a possiblity that Captain Falcon will wear a British Army uniform and have Jigglypuffs moveset.

Man, my sense of humor and opinions on the validity of his theory are really... revealing about my personality.

Ill have you all know when I posted that I set my mom on fire and stepped on a puppy, because I'm just that angry.

:)

MattNF

Smash Lord
No I don't. I destroy stupid theories like ''because wario is running with a gun, there will be air shields'' with funny lines like the one I quoted in my siggy.

If you think I take these boards seriously than you're the one who needs help :laugh:
You seem to take it almost too seriously with your flaming and douchebaggery. It's the internet for ****'s sake, not real life.

Also, when I say "anger problems" I'm not just referring to this thread.

I play online smash with a bunch of em.. so ya chances are Im more well respected than you on here.
I play smash online as well and I 3 stocked your Falcon as Samus(who is not even my main character). Not only that but I am one of the best players online. You lose, try again.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I play smash online as well and I 3 stocked your Falcon as Samus(who is not even my main character). Not only that but I am one of the best players online. You lose, try again.
Suuuuure you did.. Hmm when was this two nights ago? (if it ever happened) I didnt lose one match yesterday, I 3 stocked someone from the boards and helped him out a bit...

Two nights ago I lost a whole ****load of matches.. but it was like 4 am. I hadnt played for two weeks, and I was drunk. If thats when you beat me, then congradulations.

Say, why dont you meet me on emularena right now? Falcon vs samus you say?

Funny because I dont remember any of it, and you're making it up. So play me and we'll see.

You seem to take it almost too seriously with your flaming and douchebaggery. It's the internet for ****'s sake, not real life.
Key word : ''Seem'' Your perceptions of reality based on words written on a keyboard screen do not accuratly reflect on the person in question. I don't anything in life seriously other than what really matters, like my mother's health, or getting good grades in school.

Im a pretty laid back easy to get along with guy, and Im always cracking jokes IRL and on the boards. You have interpreted my jokes and fooling around like some sort of serious spaz fest...

So tell me, who here takes things too seriously. me? or you ;)

MattNF

Smash Lord
Suuuuure you did.. Hmm when was this two nights ago? (if it ever happened) I didnt lose one match yesterday, I 3 stocked someone from the boards and helped him out a bit...

Two nights ago I lost a whole ****load of matches.. but it was like 4 am. I hadnt played for two weeks, and I was drunk. If thats when you beat me, then congradulations.

Say, why dont you meet me on emularena right now? Falcon vs samus you say?

Funny because I dont remember any of it, and you're making it up. So play me and we'll see.
It wasn't yesterday or two nights ago at 4 AM, it was sunday or something. I don't remember the exact time.

I can't play now, I'm about to head to sleep actually. But I'll play tommorow, how does 10 PM Eastern Time sound?

I remember the matches. Both were on hyrule, and you were like "put it on 4 stock because I am leaving soon" but we wound up playing two matches anyway.

Besides, why would I make this **** up like you claim? What could I possibly gain by doing so?

Key word : ''Seem'' Your perceptions of reality based on words written on a keyboard screen do not accuratly reflect on the person in question. I don't anything in life seriously other than what really matters, like my mother's health, or getting good grades in school.
So you basically have a split personality, acting different on the internet and real life?

Im a pretty laid back easy to get along with guy, and Im always cracking jokes IRL and on the boards. You have interpreted my jokes and fooling around like some sort of serious spaz fest...
I'm also like that, suprisingly, but you don't see me saying stuff like "go die" to people(whether you're just joking or not. Some people could take that seriously).

So tell me, who here takes things too seriously. me? or you :)
You.

Top Bottom