• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO TEARS, ONLY DREAMS (Smash Wii U / Kirby Tourney)

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
Hey all. I'm going to be streaming a Kirby only Smash 4 tourney on April 4th! Prize is a Kirby Amiibo.
Even if you don't play Kirby at all, consider signing up for the giggles! I'll be exporting every match to YouTube and commentary will be provided.

:4kirby::4kirby::4kirby::4kirby::4kirby:

Cody100

Smash Cadet
Will customs be on for this? I would assume it would make things much more interesting, but I'm assuming you would be afraid of equipment. Regardless I'll join.

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
Will customs be on for this? I would assume it would make things much more interesting, but I'm assuming you would be afraid of equipment. Regardless I'll join.
Customs will be off unfortunately, since it depends on each person's system. :(

FKA Kobra

Smash Cadet
NNID
super-kobe-10
I must sign up since my goal is to become the best Kirby player in America. Good Luck

Gamethroughplayer

Smash Apprentice
Im having trouble with the registration. Anyone else having the "Registration has closed for this tournament" problem?

GaM3r2Xtreme

Smash Rookie
  • If both players have 1 stock and you Kirbycide, you will be the winner
Does this mean that at the exact moment that you and your opponent have one life left, the one who commits suicide first wins the match? Sounds like an interesting twist to the tournament if you ask me. I hope that the registration isn't closed yet. It appears that 16 players have already signed up on the registration page.

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
Time to join! What time?
Tournament will be at 2pm EST on Saturday, April 4th. :)

I think registration is full. Only 14 people can join I think.
Registration is still open! There's a sign up link in the Challonge description (the "Go to registration" button shouldn't be there...not sure why it's not going away).

• If both players have 1 stock and you Kirbycide, you will be the winner
Does this mean that at the exact moment that you and your opponent have one life left, the one who commits suicide first wins the match? Sounds like an interesting twist to the tournament if you ask me. I hope that the registration isn't closed yet. It appears that 16 players have already signed up on the registration page.
Registration is still open! The sign up link is in the description on the Challonge link. Also, thanks for bringing up that Kirbycide rule. I should clarify it a little more. If both players have 1 stock left and someone uses neutral B, sucks in the opponent, and successfully SDs while the opponent is still in Kirby's mouth, that counts as a win for the player who SD'd. If the opponent breaks out in time, then it will count as the opponent's win. The reason that rule is included is because the game will count the first condition as the opponent's win.

GaM3r2Xtreme

Smash Rookie
Thanks, for the clarification on that rule. That makes more sense since it wouldn't be fair the way around. Seems like the best course of action would have been to be the first one KO'ed, then work on getting the opponent KO'ed afterwards and if successful, commit suicide before opponent has the chance to re-spawn for and instant "win."

BTW, thanks for adding me to the bracket. I look forward to playing everyone next Saturday.

FKA Kobra

Smash Cadet
NNID
super-kobe-10
My bad i won't be able to make it to the tournament this weekend cause i have to go somewhere. You can take my name out the bracket whenever you get a chance. Hopefully you'll have another Kirby tourney.

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
My bad i won't be able to make it to the tournament this weekend cause i have to go somewhere. You can take my name out the bracket whenever you get a chance. Hopefully you'll have another Kirby tourney.
No worries. Thanks for the heads up!

ArcticArson

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArcticArson
3DS FC
2809-8947-8741
You'll have to take my name off the bracket too, my Wii U broke :(. I'll still stop by the stream to watch though, GL to everyone!

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
You'll have to take my name off the bracket too, my Wii U broke :(. I'll still stop by the stream to watch though, GL to everyone!
Bummer. :( Hope you have a working Wii U soon. Thanks for the heads up.

GaM3r2Xtreme

Smash Rookie
Hey Tohfoo, will an irc chat room be available tm during tournament hours? Would be great to have to pass friend codes and what not.

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
Hey Tohfoo, will an irc chat room be available tm during tournament hours? Would be great to have to pass friend codes and what not.
Unfortunately, there won't be an IRC room. I'll be sharing the friend codes with all competitors prior to the tournament via Twitch inboxes, and we'll be using the chat for communication during the tournament.

Will definitely look at IRC for future tourneys, though.

GaM3r2Xtreme

Smash Rookie
Ah, I already forgot you planned to use Twitch chat. Sounds good. How many matches do you plan to run at a time?

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
Ah, I already forgot you planned to use Twitch chat. Sounds good. How many matches do you plan to run at a time?
Hoping to run each round of the bracket concurrently.

One match from each winner's bracket round will be streamed, and every match starting from winner's and loser's semis will be streamed.

Top Bottom