• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"No Swagger Like Us" - a Pit tournament results thread(updated 1/24/12)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Critique won't help you if you're not at peace with your mistakes and stop making them.

Until that happens, smashfests and brawling with friends constantly to get better and attack those mistakes are the only way to victory. No amount of advice or hidden talent will help you without experience.

Good luck, Maharba. Don't give up, but also make sure you're having fun. That's all that matters.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12882643#post12882643

it's official. im garbage and im either picking up mk and only using pit against certain MUs, or im dropping brawl. it's a waste of my money and time to lose all my MMs and lose the tourney and the fact is i am not getting any better. at some point all the matches i have recorded of me will be posted by numerous people, and you will see them and realize that no matter how much critique i get/have gotten or watever, i haven't gotten and am not getting better at brawl.

so like i said, if anything ill pick up MK as a second or new main, but there is a solid chance that im done with competitive brawl. smashfests are free and cost no money, and i don't have to give a **** about anything win/loss wise.
BRO, I TOLD YOU B4 IT'S A SLOW PROCESS! I want you to do something. When those matches come b4 you even get critiqued. Choose 3 matches. Watch them all twice. And then tell US what you think your mistakes are. Then we'll check it out. and agree/disagree/elaborate/possibly point out more. Then it's up to YOU to condition yourself to not commit to those actions again.

For example, back when i was first starting out i saw my snake was so scrubbish compared to those of hrnut, gallax, and radix. So i made this fun little training regimen. Each month, for every smashfest, i would focus on one aspect of trouble in my snakes game. If it was spacing tilts and forcing rolls, i literally did nothing but that even if i lost. If it was nade play, explosives placement, i focused on only killing with surprise explosives and using nades to control options. When it was bad habits like rolling under pressure, i made it a habit to every time i would roll, don't. You need to just say "stop doing this". It works bro.

Oh and btw, picking up mk is only gonna make things worse for you. You're still gonna have those bad habits, and you might develop more with a new character. That and EVERYONE knows the mk mu a bajillion times better.

You could just be like PTZR and dual main mk/pit and use mk for dittos and other annoying mu.

Ya @ Krys inspirational post i agree.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yall know i can't actually quit this character. i always rage hard when i get shot down in flames. but i am picking up MK for the ditto and as back up. but for reals it's just soooo discouraging because wat literally ALWAYS happens when i play someone who is good that hasn't played me before is straight up win the first game or it'll be really close loss. then after that, i never take off more than a stock per game. with the really good players it may actually happen mid match where i go from just pwning until im downloaded from that point on getting *****. it's like, i went from kicking your *** or at least keeping right up with you, to this.... and god damn it it's the worst ****ing bull**** ever. but ya whenevs nike or P4 or whoever else uploads what i recorded, ill do that kuro. but still it's like i've put sooo much time into this character, learned his tricks, his ATs, his frame data, and this is what it all amounts too after so much work, near last place with losses to pikachu and shiek and the only win being against a TL.

*insert like 30 more pages of rages here*

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
yall know i can't actually quit this character. i always rage hard when i get shot down in flames. but i am picking up MK for the ditto and as back up. but for reals it's just soooo discouraging because wat literally ALWAYS happens when i play someone who is good that hasn't played me before is straight up win the first game or it'll be really close loss. then after that, i never take off more than a stock per game. with the really good players it may actually happen mid match where i go from just pwning until im downloaded from that point on getting *****. it's like, i went from kicking your *** or at least keeping right up with you, to this.... and god damn it it's the worst ****ing bull**** ever. but ya whenevs nike or P4 or whoever else uploads what i recorded, ill do that kuro. but still it's like i've put sooo much time into this character, learned his tricks, his ATs, his frame data, and this is what it all amounts too after so much work, near last place with losses to pikachu and shiek and the only win being against a TL.

*insert like 30 more pages of rages here*
Maharba, you need to chill out dude! I know your upset, but like Kuro said--it's a slow process. You won't automatically become Gnes/Razor level overnight. It took them lots of time and lots of hard work to get where they are. You can probably ask them yourself, and they will tell you the same most likely. Becoming a high-level player/top level, whatever you want is going to take a LOT of time, hard work, and discipline to get to that point. Even Ally didn't automatically become good. He had Holy to teach him how to play, and even that took training(wifi, matches w/ bro, whatever).

Proverbs 14:23 All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

If you keep working at it and don't give up, you will be sure to accomplish your goals if not very close to them. Don't give up on bro, and you need to seriously calm down and not rage when you lose. It will only give you a bad attitude and mindset especially when stressful situations will come while your playing. Don't expect to be so great, when you have just started playing competitvely. Continue to train w/ Trela/Gnes/ whoever and learn from them.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Man Cloudfox...where you @!? You've definitely been hiding lol-you have been @ some big tourneys.

Also Pits--underlined results are what matter, and the majority of them are coming from international Pits--Earth, Masashi, Snopy w/ 2 American Pits(Esca & Krystedez) squeezing in some top results, but not as good as the Japanese >_<

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hopefully i will start to place to 10 here in texas soon. im really trying my best to improve, and if i start taking names in texas, it really will matter due to the number of top players here (especially since gnes is nowadays rated better class than adhd, not to mention we have a bunch of best character mains here)

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
hopefully i will start to place to 10 here in texas soon. im really trying my best to improve, and if i start taking names in texas, it really will matter due to the number of top players here (especially since gnes is nowadays rated better class than adhd, not to mention we have a bunch of best character mains here)
Snake, diddy, samus maybe....who else? Lil

:phone:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
snake (razer), diddy(gnes), peach(illmatic), samus(xyro), lucario(trela), sonic(espy) and up until he retired a couple weeks ago toon link(TheJerm). we have the most concentrated of top character players out of every state. i mean so-cal has haze, rich, larry which is only half of the amount of top character mains texas has. outstide of that there is like FL with a few top character players (can only think of esam and riddle), and everywhere else only has like 1-2 that i know of

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Ahh forgot about illmatic and espy. Samus and lucario is debatable as we have junebug and Noid, but we have coney's d3, seagull's wolf, and pink fresh's lucas as well as boss luigi/mario. :p Jerm isn't better than kt btw

Edit: soon to be MY pit too

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
im not gonna argue about toonlink as i quite frankly hate that character so that's that. but for the record i do honestly believe you can't say who is better unless those 2 duke it out, but jerm is retired so you are correct technically at any rate.

as for lucario and samus, as it stands..... again they are all really close.

as for pit, we are officially rivals luckay, because im gonna be the best pit soon :):pit::)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Lol, Pit competition crackes me up, rofl...tbh..I think all Luckay & PTZR are pretty close..probably mid-high tier players. Maharba--bro you need more experience, but I think you are closing the gap. You all have mad potential, and I think especially you Maharba...with the training your getting and your tech skill..you will go far.

Pit tier list(IMO)--active pits

S+: Masashi
S:
A+:Earth
A:Koolaid, KiraFlax
B+:Esca
B: Luckay, PTZR
C+: Krystedez, Maharba, Cloudfox
C:
D+:
D:

I could be wrong though, correct me please.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
you are right to put me under luckay. i think personally i probably have the most solid tech skill of all pits (except for katana possibly, i've never seen him play though) but i lack in the mix up and reading department, which lukcay is definately better at. however i think i with that footstool>wings to fsmash i found i will have a much easier time killing people because im really good at setting up banana footstool combos so this should be kinda similar. who knows, this could be my answer to my biggest problem, getting the kill

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I forgot I placed 7.th @ Crème de la Crème German Tourney (had about 40 entrants don't know the exact number) 2 weeks ago. However I also used Gnw a lot this tourney (mainly in pools tough). The tourney was HORRIBLE delayed too, playing important matches at 3am/4am really sucks.

1. BluB [Falco] / Staco [MK,Snake,Falco]
3. Tay [Diddy,Snake,ZSS?,MK?]
4. Semifer [Wolf,Wario]
5. Crysis [Snake,MK]
5. Muka^ [Snake,MK]
7. Yoh [Ike]
7. Snopy [GaW,Pit]
9. NeK [DK,Diddy,MK]
9. Crifer [DK,Fox]
9. Quik [Samus,ZSS]
9. Light [D3,MK,Shiek]

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I won money this year using Pit, also won a couple MMs, both against top ICs players Hylian and Cheese....
Oh wait, I only used Pit against Cheese, I think. My bad.
I think I'm ... at least between B and B+ tier, like below Esca, Luckay might even belong in B+, with me either right next to him or below him leading B :)

I'll be going Pit a lot in my confident matchups at Genesis 2, like Yoshi, Ganon, C falcon, but also against Meta Knights that aren't M2K or Ally, along with Snakes, Falcos, maybe foxes, and DKs. Theres other mus too, but those are the most notable. IF all else fails, Im going wario. But don't worry, I'll be putting as much work as I can ( AND NEED ) into using Pit.

If I run into a Dedede, I think Pit will be the best choice, and banning Ps1 is a must. !@#$ that stage.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
krystedez, you are better than me as a player, but i use pit better still probably (strictly speaking in pit metagame and AT usage).

but luckay is not in the same tier as esca, trust me. i watch luckay's vids, and i watch esca, and either earth would move up a tier so koolaid can go up and then esca can go up to put luckay higher, it's just left as is.

not raggin on luckay, as i know he is really good, but esca is definately the better pit, and honestly i could see kiraflax and esca in the same tier as opposed to him and koolaid (although both of their names start with a k so...)

edit:

WTF?! katana is really damn good! seriously if you don't get recent vids, i may have to kill you because for reals, i want to see more

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
'tis why I'm the most dedicated to making my Pit stronger. I hardly ever use my secondary unlike krys with wario, esca with mk, or kiraflax's ROB. I actually don't know how active kira is because apparently he wasn't at the last az tourney.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
of course he wasn't lol. he moved to so cal.

and same, i don't even have a tourney secondary anymore, im thinking about getting one for bad stages (pit wise) but idk who else i could play that is like pit/worth picking up. ROB maybe? (good recovery, can scrooge FD, is campy)....

may have just convinced myself with ROB. lol jk 100% pit main, now and forever.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
'tis why I'm the most dedicated to making my Pit stronger. I hardly ever use my secondary unlike krys with wario, esca with mk, or kiraflax's ROB. I actually don't know how active kira is because apparently he wasn't at the last az tourney.
Kira moved to Socal.. from what I've heard

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I won money this year using Pit, also won a couple MMs, both against top ICs players Hylian and Cheese....
Oh wait, I only used Pit against Cheese, I think. My bad.
I think I'm ... at least between B and B+ tier, like below Esca, Luckay might even belong in B+, with me either right next to him or below him leading B :)

I'll be going Pit a lot in my confident matchups at Genesis 2, like Yoshi, Ganon, C falcon, but also against Meta Knights that aren't M2K or Ally, along with Snakes, Falcos, maybe foxes, and DKs. Theres other mus too, but those are the most notable. IF all else fails, Im going wario. But don't worry, I'll be putting as much work as I can ( AND NEED ) into using Pit.

If I run into a Dedede, I think Pit will be the best choice, and banning Ps1 is a must. !@#$ that stage.
Bro you are right, I was thinking about where I placed you, and then I thought...no way your @ C tier especially w/ your player skill. I think I was just looking @ your Pit skill, but even so you do belong somewhere in B tier.

Also Maharba...I will link you to some articles later. I watched a couple of your videos and you seem to not understand advantages/disadvantage states. When you played some Marth-you knocked him all the way across FD, and stood on the other side of FD shooting arrows. It's better to run and shot and get closer because you have the advantage when a character is in the air, especially that far away.

Pit tier list(IMO)--active pits--EDIT

S: Masashi
A+:Earth
A:Koolaid, KiraFlax
B+:Esca, Luckay
B: Krystedez, PTZR
C+: Cloudfox, Maharba

I have never seen CYVE & Snopy, but I'd imagine you guys would be near B+ tier.

That list is mainly player skill, but even so I think I placed you wrong again Krys >_<

If it was tech skill based, PTZR, Luckay, and Maharba would definitely be higher.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
ahem. i'm an active pit, even if i only go to local tourneys. Put me in G tier.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
ahem. i'm an active pit, even if i only go to local tourneys. Put me in G tier.
Results? Links? Please give me something :reverse: and I can add you.

Also, the gap between the Japanese Pits and American Pits is bigger than it looks. I think their is a clear gap between Koolaid's level and Earth's.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
uhh results. Usually last place....
links... i'll look on my SD card and see what i can find that's recent.

Why i said "put me in g tier"^

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I've been maining Pit for near a year, I don't use Wario except against players who I end up losing to anyways (and Meta Knights). I probably have used Wario less this year than you've used Pika this year, but hard to tell since either of us don't have video matches from tourneys to show :< (Pools included, MMs included.)

Not arguing with you for the sake of arguin just tellin the truth. Not to mention my 99 percent Pit on wifail :troll:

I played Kira the other day on wifail, along with dualseeker. Kira used Rob though. Dualseeker is simple like Admiral, but very good and nice to bat!

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
@ Gadiel_Vastar

I really don't like lists like that. But I agree with that there's really only Earth and Masashi who can be considered Top Pit players imo. I don't think anyone from US or EU is near their level, however I can only tell from videos and I might be wrong.

Talking about the US... I wish Danny, Sagemoon and RougePit would still play, I learned a lot from their videos some years ago and I have the deepest respect for what they achieved/ did for the community. I really think they were ahead of their time.

Esca

Smash Champion
You can't put American and Japanese players in the same class. Playstyles and strategies vary too differently. You guys don't know this by now?

If Earth/Masashi came over here they'd get destroyed I promise.

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Earth is going to attend Genesis afaik, so there is only 5 more days and we'll see. People were saying the same about Brood/Rain 1 year ago.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
You can't put American and Japanese players in the same class. Playstyles and strategies vary too differently. You guys don't know this by now?

If Earth/Masashi came over here they'd get destroyed I promise.
It's true, but...Apex??? Every Japanese player that came made it into the final bracket, which was around 7 players I believe? Brood got 2nd, Rain got 7th, Sweet Pea 13th, Earth 17th +more...that says alot.

Esca, tbh--you seem to just have a little hate on Japanese Pits. If you look @ how they play and the control they have, you can't go and say they would get wrecked over here. Their mixups/control/reading skills are definitely a lot higher than our Pits.

@ Snopy--yeah I agree, Sage, Danny, Rouge...all of them were way ahead of their time, and Masashi & Earth are the only top level Pits and like I said, there is a clear gap between them and us

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Japan has a better stage select then we do. All they play on is neutral's.
I've seen japan use all the counterpicks recently. The only ones they seem to consistently avoid is rainbow, brinstar, frigate and thats it. I've seen all the other ones. It started happening after they came to apex. I think they are trying to adjust their ruleset?

fUddO

Smash Ace
I suppose I don't count? :/

Just got 25th out of probably about 35 or something at a tournament yesterday. Lost to a DK and an Ally-level CFal. Seriously, **** that ****. I can't wait to see the vid of me getting decimated.

DK is actually ridiculously difficult without matchup experience. As soon as the videos are posted I'll link them for critique. In the mean time, I'll say this - NEVER take DK to PS1. That ledge is EVIL.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Why did you take anyone to a stage you can't fly under lol. And I know stroumbert, we are like rivals on another site, I want to play his falcon offline. DK is easy though unless its will or dr grandpa

fUddO

Smash Ace
I had absolutely no DK experience, and seriously underestimated his offstage game. DK is hard because you have to focus 100% of the time or he'll get a free 70% on you or Fsmash or something, and right now my concentration is on of my biggest issues while I play. Once I make 1 mistake, I tend to make more and more and more...

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I got 13/17ish out of 70ish yesterday! I went mostly ike but I did use pit a fair bit. Against a jigglypuff in pools, a marth who beat me (really close, i switched to ike and he still beat me) and an olimar who I 2-0. I played really well (for my standards).

Top Bottom