• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Special Skills? Why?!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The skills that he learns from that ancient wolf from Twilight Princess. Why...WHY DOESN'T HE HAVE THEM!?

And the only one I've seen is Finishing Blow. That doesn't count cause he's had that on Melee and 64.

Discuss.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I like the moveset he has already... >.> No need for a laggy flashy animation moveset but I do wish they would have gave him wolf link/midna at the end of his FS or a new taunt transformation or maybe as another character altogether which they might still do but I doubt it.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
Well, it might be kinda hard to map the special skills to the controls. Mortal Draw would take unecessary effort and shield bash would be hard to pull off, with Shield-A already being grab. Helm splitter as a throw attack would be nice, though.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Shield Bash could be shield-b. It could be faster than a grab.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
I agree with bobwaffles, the Helm Splitter would be a gr8 throw attack but as far as I've seen on the Demo he just has his regular stuff right? That's too bad but one can live with it considering they've seemed to fix some lag for his attacks.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I agree with bobwaffles, the Helm Splitter would be a gr8 throw attack but as far as I've seen on the Demo he just has his regular stuff right? That's too bad but one can live with it considering they've seemed to fix some lag for his attacks.
I want the Helm Splitter on the game and some of his other tricks of the trade!!!

See!? This is exactly why those posers on Sakurai's development team need to take fan suggestions from the freaking U.S.! We think outside of the box!

linkmeister

Smash Rookie
I want the Helm Splitter on the game and some of his other tricks of the trade!!!

See!? This is exactly why those posers on Sakurai's development team need to take fan suggestions from the freaking U.S.! We think outside of the box!
Ha! Very true. I wonder if he has an email or something where he takes suggestions?... Well, maybe not. He'd probably get a bazillion emails a day.

On another note, I don't think the special skills would be very easy to incorporate as regular moves. Maybe Link could be able to alternate between Final Smashes or something like that?... Like, you could press one button for his Triforce Slash, or another to trigger a different special skill he learned in Twilight Princess? I dunno. I think that would be awesome. It'd give me more reasons to love Link!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ha! Very true. I wonder if he has an email or something where he takes suggestions?... Well, maybe not. He'd probably get a bazillion emails a day.

On another note, I don't think the special skills would be very easy to incorporate as regular moves. Maybe Link could be able to alternate between Final Smashes or something like that?... Like, you could press one button for his Triforce Slash, or another to trigger a different special skill he learned in Twilight Princess? I dunno. I think that would be awesome. It'd give me more reasons to love Link!
I personally emailed Nintendo of America one time and got back a pretty ****ty response. Bakas!

I'm not saying for Link to have the more complicated ones programed into his moveset, just Helm Breaker/Shield Breaker and one more which makes a total of 3. Is that too much to ask? Apparently for Sakurai, it is. I mean this is exactly what I'm talking about. Why doesn't his developement team do some **** research and give Link his tricks of the trade like his Big Goron Sword? Sheesh!

HiIH

Smash Lord
Fair>Helm splitter.

Link has ENOUGH vertical moves, horizontal ones are fun too.

eh I think putting the skills in would be silly, though anything to make Link's throws better is a plus.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Fair<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Helm Splitter.

Link has ENOUGH vertical moves, horizontal ones are fun too.

eh I think putting the skills in would be silly, though anything to make Link's throws better is a plus.
^^Fixed.

Silly? SILLY!? As if bro! His special skills he aquires on his Twilight Princess journey are nothing short of bad@ss!

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
Actually, replacing fair with helm splitter would be awesome. It would probably be a spike.

courte

Smash Lord
this is why WW Link exist

as well as Paper [RPG] Mario, Lucario, Bowser JR.

Characters too big to be contained in on medium... and by Lucario yes i'm talking about taking influences of Mewtow's moveset and a few of his own moves??

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Actually - the special moves Link gains in Twilight Princess on the whole are rather insignificant in comparison to the moves he acquires in most of the other games in the Zelda series.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Who cares? You're probably just angry because you never learned how to use those attacks in the old game.
If you don't care, then get outta my thread already ya wannabe Shade! Stupid trolls...

And to that guy who mentioned WW Link, eh man you're probably right man. He's probably gonna be on the game, whether or not his character leak is true or not. Mmm hmm.

@Burrito, you know if the loser is immature and stuff that he's going to complain to you whether Link is top or middle tier.

linkmeister

Smash Rookie
Cronos! How could you say that?! The special moves are so cool! o_O

Helm Splitter as a spike would work nicely. Veeerrryyyy nicely. bobwaffles, you are one smart person. And I'm not saying that because I love waffles. Man, I wish we were on the development team instead of them. The Link we'd make would own... the universe.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
probably cuz they are way overpowered
i mean, the jump attack(the charge up, i forget the name:ohwell:)would just basically be jiggs' rest with more range

the only thing I'd agree with is the fully charged spin attack being the great spin attack
LOL at Link sounding like he's dying when he does the gr8 spin :p

degypr

Smash Cadet
They could've always added Midna to pop out in the side taunts instead of that cursed fairy but nope.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
his final smash should have been the transformation type.... to his wolf form... with a large howl... then everyone (exept link of course) should move slightly slower....and link should be able to do max damage in a short amount of time.... while healing himself.

and toonlink should be able to summon up storms with his windwaker...or we can be lazy and he could keep what he has.

Silmarien

Smash Cadet
What if there's a secret move we have yet to discover; using Link's taunt where he puts his sword away, and with precise timing, a mash of buttons would execute a mortal draw out of his sheathe, dealing MASSIVE DAMAGE!!

...It could happen!! 0.o

4Serial

Smash Lord
They should have made Link's forward tilt kind of like Snake's
2 hits, first one kind of traps them
Shield bash > mortal draw

They also should have given Link MK's recovery

just because

Dreadeir

Smash Rookie
Or maybe at least make some of his moveset "look" like some of his secret techniques.

D

Deleted member

They should have made Link's forward tilt kind of like Snake's
2 hits, first one kind of traps them
Shield bash > mortal draw

They also should have given Link MK's recovery

just because
yea make it so he can fly around with the Roc's feather while being able to swing his sword normally. he would also be able to shoot 2 clawshots at once allowing him to grab onto 2 people at once, it also allows for at least 30 seconds of pure invincibility frames on the edge. of course you'd have to include the fire and ice wands, fairies, golden arrows and the boat from loz:1 so then he can never drown right?

i can make a broken character too lol

Top Bottom