• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No PM for Sm4sh?

Would you like PM to be ported to Sm4sh?

• Yes

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm probably late to this, but is it over for PM? Are they not going to Sm4sh?
Sigh....

You're far, far, FAR from the first person to ask this (a simple search would've told you this). The Project M team has stated they will not make one for Smash 3DS or Wii U. Besides they aren't even finished with the current Brawl mod for Pete's sakes.

I've always asked myself WHY do people want a new PM mod other than the fact it's on a new game & console. Smash 4 fixed a lot of the complaints some people had with Brawl so it can't because Smash 4 is in desperate need of "improving".

D

Deleted member 269706

The PM dev team will not be making a hack for Sm4sh. That doesn't mean that no one else will, we'll just have to wait and see.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Doesn't seem likely with all the patches that Ninty pushes out, meaning you'd have a mostly offline game
Ditto to what everyone said as well

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Current PM is just fine and if Melee can last as long as it has, that PM can as well. I don't care to see another one on Smash 4, because Smash 4 is good as-is.

BlayzeEmAll

Smash Rookie
NNID
AsceBlayze
There will be one just not anytime soon. Think about it, they need to be able to install a Homebrew channel but since Wii u is still being updated that will be a problem and there won't be any Wii U emulators for a long time either. Also, we don't even know all there is to know about Melee hacking so Smash 4 will still take a lot. It'll be done eventually but don't wait for it. Balanced game already or not, I think a PM for it would be amazing.

~Neutral~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Neutral12
3DS FC
1779-1084-1092
I personally haven't played Project M all that much, maybe once or twice. That's mainly because if I'm going to play smash bros I'm going to play the official releases due to that being the first thing I think of. I can understand the appeal for some people but it just isn't for me. So due to that I probably wouldn't play this mod either.

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
I think Smash 4 adds some pretty great characters that I wish I could play in the PM engine. Specifically pacman, and now ryu would make for some really fun combos with melee physics and speed. I hope all the good stuff from PM gets ported to incorporate all the good new stuff in smash 4.

elliotnz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5906-3244
^So much more characters and way better graphics and the mechanics i love

Last edited:

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
There are so many reasons this will not happen. If you want to play as Smash 4 characters with PM physics, make the character yourself, and use it in your copy of actual PM. Tl;dr: backport them yourself.

If you don't want to do it yourself, don't bet on it ever happening.

And PM for WiiU is /never/ going to happen. Never.

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
I hope there are other mods, such as stages, and music and maybe some character hacks. I think Smash 4's mechanics are fine.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I would really want Pm on smash 4 badly, but I accept the fact that Pm won't do the newer games yet. Like what Wario Bros. Wario Bros. said, "Smash 4 fixed a lot of the complaints some people had with Brawl so it can't because Smash 4 is in desperate need of "improving"." This reason I agree with and accept.

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
I personally would want them to just pour their effort into making the PM that already exists as good as possible. All you would gain that you couldn't get out of the current build is shiny graphics. Effort spent rebuilding everything from the ground up *again* would be nearly wasted.

The real question I think here should be - will there ever come a point where the PM devs take it upon themselves to port new smash characters from S4 into PM. I feel this too may have been answered (although the logic presented now escapes me). This would achieve pretty much everything without the need for people to buy more expensive consoles.

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Project M could just add the Smash 4 characters by doing that 100 Character thing someone did. Then they could add the Ridley from the Ridley mod, Young Link, Pichu and the other newcomers in the newest game as well. Maybe backport them? To me it makes some sense, and would make my dream of a united roster a reality. Or someone could do an epic Project M Mod like that...

smb123w64gb

Smash Rookie
Hello... I new to this board... I just want to put my two cents in... Currently (From my prospective) smash 4 is a different beast unlike melee and brawl, first the file system is totally different... instead of the easy system of say brawl. (IE swapping characters) is a breeze, smash4 has a compressed file for all files except background music. At this moment it seems that we can only extract content. The only person which i want to get in contact is soneek (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8DS99mnQFM) has been able to swap files.

Btw I hope for a Smash4 workshop sometime future.

Top Bottom