• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No plans for F-Zero is killing me

Quillion

Smash Hero
Because that wouldn't break up the monotony before getting to another corner on the ovals, that would just make the miserable monotony happen for a shorter period of time. This would make sense for tracks with more going on, but on long straigtaways, it just wouldn't work as well.

But it's casual mode. If they knew how to use boost smartly, they likely would be onto the normal mode by then.
Are you implying that boosting would be removed because it's "too hard" for new players to figure out? Never mind that it's a key part of the experience.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Are you implying that boosting would be removed because it's "too hard" for new players to figure out? Never mind that it's a key part of the experience.
I'm saying that they wouldn't know how to use boost smartly. They would be in the main mode if they figured out how to boost efficiently. I'm not saying we should take it out, I'm saying we should not base level designoff of the assumption that they know how to boost smartly.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Their reason for not wanting to make a new F-Zero game is quite disturbing. They could at least try, damn it.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still think that if they can't "push the envelope" and be super innovative, they could just do an HD remaster of GX with online multiplayer and/or a track editor and call it a day. It was innovative enough and the strongest entry in the series imo.

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
You know, if Nintendo really wanted to, they could have a really nice fighting game with GX/AX's roster. Big, varied roster with lots of different characters, and, of course, Captain Falcon is more known for a fighting game than his own series.

Super Ocebe

Smash Cadet
NNID
EckartGreiner
Whatever IP if Nintendo would market each game right there would be no problem. See Splatoon i get the feeling sometimes they are not even trying to keep a franchise going.

Shog

Smash Ace
If there was a new F-Zero game, what things would you like to see?
Make the Racing have some depth (like F Zero X) and make it difficult, speed should be the most important thing

Online Races, nice stages, good music

and that's it basically.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
If there was a new F-Zero game, what things would you like to see?
High Priority:
  1. Make the track builder from X Expansion a standard feature.
  2. Online play. Goes without saying.
  3. Track sections where there are no track and you're just flying using your G-Diffuser, Star Fox style.
  4. Drafting/Slipstreaming in order to encourage deeper racer-racer interaction.
Optional:
  1. A few one-way tracks. Maybe with Sonic-style branching paths to set themselves apart from Mario Kart's recent one-way efforts.
  2. More track hazards + interactivity beyond just walls, speed boosters and shield boosters.
  3. New art style
  4. Slower difficulty modes, since a lot of people have problems getting into how fast F-Zero is.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
High Priority:
  1. Make the track builder from X Expansion a standard feature.
  2. Online play. Goes without saying.
  3. Track sections where there are no track and you're just flying using your G-Diffuser, Star Fox style.
  4. Drafting/Slipstreaming in order to encourage deeper racer-racer interaction.
Optional:
  1. A few one-way tracks. Maybe with Sonic-style branching paths to set themselves apart from Mario Kart's recent one-way efforts.
  2. More track hazards + interactivity beyond just walls, speed boosters and shield boosters.
  3. New art style
  4. Slower difficulty modes, since a lot of people have problems getting into how fast F-Zero is.
I agree with all those choices.

I could pretty much see all 30 racers/vehicles return in the new F-Zero game (along with maybe some from GX/AX as well?) but I would like to see at least some new racers/vehicles in the build as well.

Super Ocebe

Smash Cadet
NNID
EckartGreiner
Warning Received: Censor Dodging
F-Zero X gameplay, customisable cars, STRONG online mode and HD of course. BTW: What the hell is "fast racing neo"?? Nintendo...the...??

Last edited by a moderator:

Quillion

Smash Hero
F-Zero X gameplay, customisable cars, STRONG online mode and HD of course. BTW: What the hell is "fast racing neo"?? Nintendo...the...??
FAST Racing is a series that started on WiiWare, actually.

It's made by the indie studio Shin'en media, a company seemingly dedicated to pushing WiiWare and the eShop to its absolute limits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
It's made by the indie studio Shin'en media, a company seemingly dedicated to pushing WiiWare and the eShop to its absolute limits.
Which I'm thankful for because Nintendo isn't bothering to do it themselves.

Super Ocebe

Smash Cadet
NNID
EckartGreiner
FAST Racing is a series that started on WiiWare, actually.

The game looks great just no blue falcon.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Which I'm thankful for because Nintendo isn't bothering to do it themselves.
Their standards are apparently too high to "waste" EAD staff on eShop games. Which is probably why they're outsourcing their mobile efforts to DeNA.

The game looks great just no blue falcon.
If you want superfast gameplay with the Blue Falcon, play Mario Kart 8 on 200cc.

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
How is it hard?

Create great F-Zero tracks and music.

Add online multiplayer lobbies and races.

Make it so we can customize our our racers/vehicles. (Everyone loves customization).

Boom, great F-Zero game.

Quillion

Smash Hero
How is it hard?

Create great F-Zero tracks and music.

Add online multiplayer lobbies and races.

Make it so we can customize our our racers/vehicles. (Everyone loves customization).

Boom, great F-Zero game.
It's hard because Miyamoto thinks the series has reached its evolution peak.

Which it hasn't, mind you, but this is our main obstacle.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just gonna put this here:

Looks like FAST might have some competition.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
So Fast Racing: Neo is pretty good. It's really lacking in memorability though. F-Zero has always had a certain charm to it, and that is nowhere to be found in Neo. It's more comparable to Wipeout than F-Zero, but for $15 it's definitely worth the money. It's also set a new standard for eShop downloads that unfortunately will not be met by most competitors. A lot of polish on this one.

Top Bottom