• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Music?

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I was playing on a normal melee copy on the GameCube, went to Yoshi's Story, and there was no music. I was very confused and stopped fighting. About ten seconds in the music started. What's up with that? I don't recall that ever happening before. Has this been explained or seen before? So I reset the match and the music was back. Thanks.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I've never experienced that before... Did you do anything special before the match started?

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Nothing special at all.

My brother's explanation was that the game was just getting old. Can that really happen?? Can there really be microscopical differences between discs? I think there must be a simpler explanation.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Nothing special at all.

My brother's explanation was that the game was just getting old. Can that really happen?? Can there really be microscopical differences between discs? I think there must be a simpler explanation.
Well, your disc could just be scratched and it had trouble accessing the music file the first couple times, your GC's laser reader could be getting old, etc. There are a lot of possibilities when it comes to differences between discs.

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Well, your disc could just be scratched and it had trouble accessing the music file the first couple times, your GC's laser reader could be getting old, etc. There are a lot of possibilities when it comes to differences between discs.
Scratches or laser troubles are the only things that makes sense here. Discs don't really get "old" because in order for them to stop working from play, you'd need it running non-stop for like 20+ years

amoimon

Smash Rookie
Well just keep using it until it becomes a constant problem. Then just clean it and hope that works. (Last resort: use a resurfacer but meh)

Top Bottom