• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No more lurking, I consider myself offically a part of the community now!

Tenkira

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone of smash boards! I've been a lurker here now and then ever since I knew about these forums. Before I begin a long intro (trust me, it's super long xD) I'll give a short intro that don't care, those that do and want to get to know me better, thanks for taking your time to read the whole thing! Oh god, it's long already! Anyway, my name is Tenkira, I also go by Sora, I only recently got into competitive play via Project M! I hope to make good friends here and find people to play with on netplay or in my area! I'm also a moderator of a forum (not gonna say the name) but just so you mods know, I won't be causing any trouble since I know what it's like dealing with users on a forum that do (it can get annoying xD) Any way I hope to make good friends and stuff! and on to the good read maybe!:

Now for the long intro for those who want a possibly interesting read? I dunno xD you decide. I started smash with 64 as a kid, I was a casual player, but I liked being good, being able to put a fight with my friends. Eventually melee came out, and I got it along with my friends, we were still casual players, but I started getting a bit more challenging like turning items off! And then brawl came out, I was still casual by then and played, but eventually all my friends had to move away and the party play died down. Whenever I did 1 v 1 it felt so boring and just never as fun with all my friends. Then, on one specific day, I learned of a brawl mod called "Project M" The time I heard about this mod was actually this year! I heard it fixed so many things and was faster than brawl! I was so hyped and I played it and I enjoyed it so much! I never knew about any of the things i'm learning now, but it was so fun! Eventually it died down, but I didn't want it to die down, I felt like something was missing from the game, and I was right.

On one day, I went to twitch, and I was looking at the most popular streams and I clicked on VG bootcamp and saw a project M tournament! I was so happy that this existed! (me not even bothering to check for advanced play before this happened xD) I watched the tournament, and the moment I did, I couldn't remove my eyes from the screen, it was beautiful, seeing people pull combos and move so fast, I was wondering how they did it, but I didn't care in that moment! All I knew was that I wanted to be a part of that community and participate in those kinds of tournaments with those kinds of players. Eventually, I lurked more on the forums and saw "advanced techs" for project M in the character discussion forum, and I looked up competitive play and learned what the techs were called and how they were preformed! One day a couple of guys brought melee to my college campus and I got whooped so I deciceded to practice more! Eventually, I learned the advanced tech, I had a feeling I was tournament ready but at the same time something told me I wasn't since I wasn't able to completely pull off the techs just yet but I wanted to see how I would do. I participated, in my first tournament, which was a big tournament for the place that I went to that attended it , and I wasn't able to even get out of my pool or get 1 win off of people! but I did so much better than I did against the guys that I played with that one day on campus in melee. I went to another tournament and did even better! I wasn't able to move up a bracket, but I took more lives before, and I looked at it as stepping stones to what I want to do.

I decided that I DID in fact want to be a part of smash boards and officially the smash community, but I wanted to just lurk and wait for the new smash to come out to officially begin being competitive, but today something just pushed me to do it sooner than later! So now here I am, on the forums officially announcing myself as a beginner competitive player (A.K.A TOTAL NOOOOOB xD) I want to improve so much to the point that I can officially participate in tournaments like VG or Xandu or anyone that hosts it, and become a well-known player! I know that's pretty ambitious, but I find it fun to be competitive, I don't get upset if I lose ever, a loss is a loss, and honestly, I have more fun losing than winning sometimes because I see people do even better than me that makes ME strive to be even better! xD. So finally ending this off, I want to make friends and meet people here who are near my area (Florida, Davie) or even online people to go and do netplay (Gotta configure dolphin first!) I am finding people near me who want to play competitively as well, so that way I'll advance more on the techs I need improvement on so it'll finally officially become muscle memory. I love making friends and just talking in general so don't be afraid of talking to me, people! Also, for those who want to know, I play :lucas:,:squirtle: and sometimes :kirby2:. I do invest my time in melee too, but I prefer project M a bit more (but that doesn't mean I won't ever play melee! xD). Thanks for taking your time to read and respond and nice to meet you all! c: ~ Sora

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I actually read this whole wall of text, haha. But I do like your story since it reminds me of my own experience - from playing the game as a kid with your friends, to wanting to truly get good at the game, learning about the competitive scene, how exciting it is, learning to incorporate advanced tech into your game, etc. And there's nothing wrong with having a drive to want to be a great, known player. In fact, a lot of people are after the same thing. As for me, I've always thought that I was a pretty good player, I just never took things seriously enough to really go to tournaments and take the game to the next level, but that's starting to change, especially with Smash 4 on the way.

Nice of you to officially join our community here and I'm looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

Tenkira

Smash Rookie
I'm glad you read my whole wall of everything! xD I really like your profile pic, samurai champloo is such a good anime o3o. Looking forward to seeing you around too! c:

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
Interesting story I read it not bad if you wouldent mind my asking but have you joined a facebook group for this?

LandonRobinson

Smash Veteran
NNID
OptimumForge
3DS FC
2148-8311-3367
Welcome! Hope you improve as quickly as you hope! And keep looking for those tourneys in your area!

Last edited:

Tenkira

Smash Rookie
Interesting story I read it not bad if you wouldent mind my asking but have you joined a facebook group for this?
I don't think i have o-o i'm in a facebook group called "Florida Gamers" but nothing related to P:M or smash since none of them are really in my area, why you ask?

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
I don't think i have o-o i'm in a facebook group called "Florida Gamers" but nothing related to P:M or smash since none of them are really in my area, why you ask?
because if you wanna be in the smash scene you wanna be in a group with smashers just how im in the NEOH/PGH group

Top Bottom