• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No crying until the ending: Ninten for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Speaking of which, that game looks amazing. Although I don't really know what to think about it in the end since it isn't an official Mother 4 by Itoi.
Yeah, that's true. But it does look amazing, and my name is also Travis :D The only way it could be better is if it were official so I could be a Nintendo character and playable in Smash. Plus it'd be an official Mother 4, but is that really important? :p

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's true. But it does look amazing, and my name is also Travis :D The only way it could be better is if it were official so I could be a Nintendo character and playable in Smash. Plus it'd be an official Mother 4, but is that really important? :p
I guess not... But I just want to see how it'd be in Itoi's eyes.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
I made an update to the OP. I added a few more counter-arguments.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Although I'd be fine with just Ness and Lucas (or even just Ness) I'd be fine with Ninten. He'd finish off the main cast, plus a more defensive PSI user would be pretty cool. Ninten would be fine by me.
Could support this even, BTW.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Ninten

Special - LifeUp

Ninten slowly heals his damage, leaving him vulnerable.

Up Special - 4th-D Slip
Ninten disappears and then reappears on another location. He becomes helpless after using it.

Side Special- Boomerang: Ninten throws a boomerang, like Link's in Smash 64. But unlike Link's, it can pass through enemies and hit again before returning. He can also pull out lots of Boomerangs to spam like PK Fire.

Down Special - PSI Shield

Ninten casts an shield that protects him from physical attacks and can be held like PSI Magnet.

Final Smash - [Still working on the name]
Ninten's friends arrive and start destroying everyone.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... If Sakurai wanted to give us some serious fan service, why not have Ana and Loid appear and sing the eight melodies with Ninten? It could work similarly to DK's FS (assuming that it's changed).

Hong

The Strongest
Always and forever.

I wish it were Ninten who first was the first Smash representative, and Nintendo of America went through with Mother, which would have been EarthBound before EarthBound. I love Ness, but he's a middleman. He is spiritually a 16-bit Ninten.

Suppose it's not a big deal, though I would be upset if, say, Seliph was in Marth's place for the past three Smash Bros.

Angst aside, I suppose I am biased because the first entry in the series is by far and wide my favourite. I am 100% okay with M2 though, but M3 is not my cup of tea.

Hong

The Strongest
Actually, M1 was supposed to be brought west.
Correct. hence the "and Nintendo of America went through with Mother" part. A real shame they have a fully translated product and won't even throw it onto the Virtual Console.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Correct. hence the "and Nintendo of America went through with Mother" part. A real shame they have a fully translated product and won't even throw it onto the Virtual Console.
Well, it is MOTHER's 25th anniversary, and there's still half a year to go, so maybe a miracle will happen.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
I don't think Ninten will appear, i believe more in porky to be a third representation of mother

But who knows?

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think Ninten will appear, i believe more in porky to be a third representation of mother

But who knows?
I'll be more surprised if we have even a second Mother representative.

But indeed. We'll see.

AstroHamsta

Smash Cadet
Another idea for Ninten's Final Smash can be the Eight Melodies, but i don't want his Final Smash to be a clone of SSB4.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Since Sakurai has state alts of different characters are okay with him, I see him as a very likely alt., he doesn't have the popularity, the importance, or recency to be in as playable now IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom