• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
It's going to count. It is by the players choice to use a different character, and if they lose then it shouldn't be looked differently.

@Panelist: What happen to the meeting today?
O_o, Inui was right about the robotic-like decision making.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
If they made an exception for you, anyone can say "oh I was sandbagging, this shouldn't count for rankings."
After splitting in grand finals O_o?

If they sandbag in winners bracket or losers bracket thats their fault.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
If they made an exception for you, anyone can say "oh I was sandbagging, this shouldn't count for rankings."
Exactly.

Also people attempt to not pick their main so if they lose they can be like "it wasn't my main dog!!" so their loss won't count much against them which isn't fair imo.

Imagine if the person who picked Ganon did beat ADHD's Diddy in tourney. It would fully count for the guy who picked Ganon instead of his main right? Should be the same for the ADHD too if he won.

Basically its stupid of the player to go some character that isn't the best option for winning, period. Its a tourney match, not friendlies.

The decision making may seem a tad robotic, but MUCH better than going by Inui bias.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
That's one of the reasons the rule is made in the first place, so players fight out the set legitly. I do get what your saying though. I've always questioned sets that were split as one time I beat Atomsk in winners finals and we split before playing out grand finals.

When rankings time came up he tried to count the two set wins he got on me in gf when we split and I didn't care (the first set at least.) They ended up counting.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
That's one of the reasons the rule is made in the first place, so players fight out the set legitly. I do get what your saying though. I've always questioned sets that were split as one time I beat Atomsk in winners finals and we split before playing out grand finals.

When rankings time came up he tried to count the two set wins he got on me in gf when we split and I didn't care (the first set at least.) They ended up counting.
That's why we have a new panel; so stuff like that doesn't happen... lol

But w/e count it, even with it its still 4-3 instead of 4-1.

Jtails

Smash Lord
yo forget this sesame street stuff!

MVC3 theme

Anti = Iron man
Inui = Captain America
Nakat = Amaterasu LOL
Dabuz = Arthur lol
Blackanese = deadpool
Will = Green HULK
Keitaro could be ryu or something.
doom I guess dante lol

just ideas. idk who's ranked or anything but do this ****!

Jtails

Smash Lord
ADHD = super skrull LOL

atomsk = modok! LUL

or since inui likes phoenix right soo much he can have she-hulk!!

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I would tell you something about forgetting about it and what not, but I'm in no place to lecture about hatred xD

Man, you get a ban and I did this a while back and all I ever got was an infraction.
Ouch.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Inui:
Miles of SmashWiki issued the trolling infraction that got Vinnie banned, not I. Vinnie has been permabanned on AiB before for taking personal disputes too far and refusing to let go and grow up. He did it with Cheese, and now he's doing it with me. He recently made a blog where he flamed and trolled me massively and he dodged infractions thanks to Cheese. However, Cheese warned him to not troll me anymore or even talk about me, and I was ordered to do the same with regards to him. Vinnie didn't listen to Cheese's warning and chose to make a stupid comment. I brought up the comment in the AiB staff chat on Skype, the other staff there agreed he deserved an infraction, including Enrish who happens to be the direct supervisor of the moderating team. I was told to not infract people that have personal issues with me, so another super moderator did it after it was discussed and deemed appropriate. Everything was done right with no bias or corruption, so I would appreciate if the slander/libel would cease. Feel free to bring up any issues with me in the Issue Resolution board on AiB, so I can happily hear from the administrators that I'm doing things the right way.

Vinnie

Smash Master
However, Cheese warned him to not troll me anymore or even talk about me, and I was ordered to do the same with regards to him.
Hmm, what about the constant AiB friend requests he sent me when he knew damn well that I hated him? Those friend requests included messages like "trollface.jpg" and ":D". He also does talk about me frequently, btw.

Y'know, he's always complaining about all his problems and all the bad things that happen to him, but to me it's just karma. Maybe if he'd stop being a horrible individual, all of these bad things wouldn't happen to him. IMO he deserves every bit of it.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Hmm, what about the constant AiB friend requests he sent me when he knew damn well that I hated him? Those friend requests included messages like "trollface.jpg" and ":D". He also does talk about me frequently, btw.

Y'know, he's always complaining about all his problems and all the bad things that happen to him, but to me it's just karma. Maybe if he'd stop being a horrible individual, all of these bad things wouldn't happen to him. IMO he deserves every bit of it.
Inui
The warning issued to both Vinnie and I was after the blog he made, not before it. The trolling friend requests were long before the warning. I listened to the warning Cheese gave, Vinnie didn't, and that's all there is to it.

Top Bottom