• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
About Frigate. If you are on a certain part of the Stage while it flips you die. So just be in the air when it flips. The stages warns you when it's about to flip. It doesn't cause any damage percent wise. I really don't think Frigate should be banned at least not yet.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'd much rather have frigate in than brinstar but to be honest, even though the list is restricting I think it's much better that way.
What reason is there to ban Brinstar? There's nothing ridiculous or game-breaking there.

teh_spamerer said:
Knock off Halberd and it's great even though I think PS2 is fine. Oh and make BF the only neutral, the rest are bogus
What's bad about Halberd? The stage "hazzards" are very slow and predictable and very easy to avoid.

Smash Phoenix said:
About Frigate. If you are on a certain part of the Stage while it flips you die. So just be in the air when it flips. The stages warns you when it's about to flip. It doesn't cause any damage percent wise. I really don't think Frigate should be banned at least not yet.
The fact that such things can happen and decide matches means the stage warrants a ban.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Your reasoning to spam about halberd is why I don't exactly see why you would ban frigate. Yeah it has the ability to kill at 0% but they have a warning signal blaring when its gonna happen. I cant see how anyone would really die at zero there on a constant basis.

Brinstar has lava which I would consider more of a hazard than a stage flipping once in a while. It restricts play to platforms only at certain points so if your character doesnt have good aerials to compete with your opponent, I dont really see any options....

In the end it's your tourny and decision so I don't care either way but thats just my view I was giving

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
so ban halbred then....oh wait thats ur counterpick half the time so ofc u wouldnt ban it. if the criteria is "things can happen and decide matche means the stage warrants a ban" then halbred deserves to go.

i always cp neutrals...im just saying banning every stage because u lose on it to ppl you feel u shouldnt...isnt legit.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
What's bad about Halberd? The stage "hazzards" are very slow and predictable and very easy to avoid.
That's like saying the klaptrap on Jungle Japes is predictable. Yeah it comes around at the same time every time so why are you banning it? All the hazards can be exploited. You can TRIP into them. If ZSS dsmashes you into them you get *****. Her double dsmash locks you into the charged laser for all the hits. Speaking of the charged laser the last hit extends the hitbox beyond that initial circle to god knows how much and has retardedly strong knockback. The klaw took away every possible option Azen had in the 2v1 he played you guys in. If you're off stage when the stage goes down the camera will probably screw you because the ledge and the stage is not where you think it is. You can get chaingrabbed by someone into a hazard and die while they live because of controller port garbage.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Wow, Frigate is definitely not banworthy at all. Being in the air prevents stage shenanigans entirely. You won't die off the top unless you're standing on a very specific part of the stage. If anything, leave Frigate on and give two bans. Maybe even allow both Rainbow AND Frigate. The only people who would really counterpick Rainbow most of the time are MK players, and with two bans you can get rid of it right off the bat.

Frigate favors characters with better recovery, yes...but isn't that the point of a counterpick? You're not gonna see something stupid like a Bowser or Falco player counterpicking that, which would make the stage's stupid bull**** come into effect. I strongly disagree with banning Frigate, but I really don't care about Rainbow. It has its stupid shenanigans (they're really not that bad, though) and stuff. Honestly, Frigate is less hazardous than Halberd...Snake alone makes Halberd crazier. Hurr hurr, I hit you with my god tilt and you died at 80%. While you were busy avoiding my crotch of ******ry, you were also paying attention to a claw/laser/bomb. Btw, my good friend MK can camp the hell out of the underside of the floating platform! :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
no i'm being serious dude. ghz should be legal. if you're dumb enough to pick a character that gets cg'd, AND you get grabbed, you deserve to be cg'd across the stage. surriously everyone in this **** state mains metaknight or ddd anyway so i don't see what the problem is.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wow, Frigate is definitely not banworthy at all. Being in the air prevents stage shenanigans entirely.
I played Keitaro in tourny back in the summer on that stage.

He was in the air when it flipped.

He died.

I won because of the stage, not me outplaying him.

Yesterday in doubles, Bum was in the air when the stage flipped, and he died.

I don't see why people are debating it. I'm a stubborn elitist person. You're not going to change my mind because I've seen those stages win matches instead of players since the start of Brawl. I'm tired of it. They're gone. Don't like it, don't show up. I don't know what else to say. I hope the absense of ******** stages doesn't cause you to miss out on the best tournaments in the state.

APEX is going to keep them on, but have two stage bans.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I was stupid though so it was my fault :(

And I'm still stupid cause I forgot what to do when it's going to flip.

Do I stay on the stage or jump? The physics of that stage suck balls.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, some people just said "stay in the air and you're fine" but they are obviously very wrong since I've seen people die in the air plenty of times.

Btw, I kinda just banned MK's two best counterpicks, so I hope people don't dare accuse me of bias based on my characters or some crap, lol.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well, some people just said "stay in the air and you're fine" but they are obviously very wrong since I've seen people die in the air plenty of times.

Btw, I kinda just banned MK's two best counterpicks, so I hope people don't dare accuse me of bias based on my characters or some crap, lol.
you banned two good rob stages so now chibo won't come to your events :laugh:

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'm gonna extensively test Frigate's flipping. If it kills me when I'm in the air, I'll agree with its ban. I'm still gonna come to your tournaments, of course, but like...I really disagree with banning that stage.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry, but I've seen it kill a lot with people in the air. The results of your testing aren't going to change my mind. Keitaro even just said it happened to him, which it did, in a tournament match with me.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Inui you might as well make it FD and Battlefield only at this point dammit. Now, I have like 0 good stages for my character left. What's ironic is ZSS is probably the worst on the neutrals compared to counterpicks >_>

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui you might as well make it FD and Battlefield only at this point dammit. Now, I have like 0 good stages for my character left. What's ironic is ZSS is probably the worst on the neutrals compared to counterpicks >_>
Nah. I don't see too much wrong with the other stages at this point. The acid damage on Brinstar is trivial and the acid actually stops stalling a lot. Brinstar's actually LESS gay now because you can't really death combo off of it. Castle Seige is probably the gayest stage left...and I've yet to see it break gameplay or cause too much nonsense.

ZSS is still really good at Lylat Cruise.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Since when is grabbing a big part of ZSS's game?

How is she not good on FD?

You're telling me that the absense of Rainbow Cruise has destroyed you?

Come on, Frank......

Snakeee

Smash Master
Since when is grabbing a big part of ZSS's game?

How is she not good on FD?

You're telling me that the absense of Rainbow Cruise has destroyed you?

Come on, Frank......
I hate FD bc ZSS is much better with platforms (plus it makes me have to camp harder and have a boring match), I need to grab once in a while to mix things up, and RC was a very strong counter against certain characters. RC was always allowed in Melee, and now it's banned with minimal differences???

Oh and ZSS' grab is actually very good for shield grabbing ranged attacks, or grabbing people out of the air sometimes

Top Bottom