• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NintenZone's Nintendo Direct Hosting Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*Ahem*

HOLY **** GUYS.

But yeah, this is pretty awesome. Normally I'm not one for surprises, but this one's neat. Plus, FF7 music in Smash. That's awesome. I do think this is officially RIP Snake though. Still thinking Inklings and Wolf will be the other two slots, with K. Rool if those three didn't include a ballot character.

D

Deleted member

Seriously if there is no FFVI Dancong Mad or Decisive Battle, I'm going to be decisively mad

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm pretty pessimistic about whether or not Cloud negatively affected Isaac's chance (and it's not as if he was some shoo-in. far from it)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
For some background:

I have never played a Final Fantasy game and I have never cared for Cloud

BUT SAKURAI MADE ME HYPED FOR THIS ****

HE DOES IT AGAIN

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If you're bitter at the most iconic RPG character from the most iconic RPG series getting in.

I wager you don't really know what Smash is about.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Remember the days when Cloud and Sora were so mercilessly mocked? Yeah, good times. lol

I'm not mad. I didn't expect one of my favourites to get in, but to think that he would turn years of speculation upside down AGAIN, is just wow.

:231:
I'm one of the people who mocked Sora the most around these threads.

I'm not sure how Cloud getting in makes me or any of the others wrong. If anything, it confirms he had no shot because Square Enix is involved and Cloud was chosen.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If you're bitter at the most iconic RPG character from the most iconic RPG series getting in.

I wager you don't really know what Smash is about.
A Nintendo-oriented crossover primarily about Nintendo characters witha few iconic third-party characters who are justified due to how significant they are? Yeah, Cloud definetly qualifies as an candidate for Smash and definetly is big enough to warrant being a third-party character in Smash, which is more than I can say for some other third-party candidates.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd have preferred Black Mage to be honest but this is still seriously hype.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I have a question for all of you.
Do you think Cloud was Pre-Ballot or do you think he was part of the Ballot.
I ask simply on the fact we know the only newcomer currently as DLC is Ryu.
Who also happens to be third party.
I am somewhat worried about Wolf if not in the next bunch of News.
I am thinking that Cloud is the last pre-ballot and the December thing is gonna reveal the winners.

Soul.

Man is it me or is Cloud's nair looking to have low-ish landing lag

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So I have a question for all of you.
Do you think Cloud was Pre-Ballot or do you think he was part of the Ballot.
I ask simply on the fact we know the only newcomer currently as DLC is Ryu.
Who also happens to be third party.
I am somewhat worried about Wolf if not in the next bunch of News.
I don't even know at this point.
I don't even know.

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
Wow i didint expected Cloud, im really not that hype, but dam in general FF representation en smash ( that music, and that stage ) is veatiful :,)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I don't care. Granted I would've never seen him coming. Ever. At all. In fact I was very much against him since he was hardly involved with Nintendo. But as it is I think he looks neat enough.

And besides, there is still the Smash Direct. So all the goodies we could ever love (including a certain ballot) will probably be there. So I think in terms of Smash they've done good.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This... is going to be the most salt inducing Smash Fighter of all time, bar none.
December is gonna be one hell of a ride.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm personally not too big on Cloud's inclusion. I get why he's there, but I'm just not really feeling it.

Regardless, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, congratulations to all you Cloud fans!

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
I would have preferred a Moogle or a Chocobo instead of Cloud, at least they would have had a unique fighting style.
I am so done seeing an upward sword swing as recovery.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'd much prefer Lloyd as his moveset would be much more unique in terms of sword using.

domokl

Smash Lord
I cant wait for more new characters in December. I guess there is gonna be a big update in December if they need a broadcast for it.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think we're honestly going to need a bunker come December.

Because the reactions are going to be nuclear.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
N3ON said:
I'd like to see Cloud.

Yeh yeh yeh I know.

But I like FFVII and it's getting a remake and Cloud is pretty much SE's most iconic character. Well, one of them at least.

And if we can get Ryu and Snake then why not.

I know he's not going to happen, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me.

But I'd like to see it.
Haven't been this happy to be wrong in a long time. ^_^

This... is going to be the most salt inducing Smash Fighter of all time, bar none.
Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAKE???!!!?!

Khoru

Smash Champion
I would have preferred a Moogle or a Chocobo instead of Cloud, at least they would have had a unique fighting style.
I am so done seeing an upward sword swing as recovery.
so who are the ballot characters, man from the future

kylexv

Smash Master
The Salt Cloud: When it rains, it pours.:4morton:
I am never believing another leak again.

R.I.P. Square is SO STRICT argument, always thought it was bull**** the same way I thought Monster Hunter not being in MvC3 was bull****.
inb4 It could of been Geno

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
It's amazing how fast so many people who wanted a new 3rd party character in Smash switch back to begging for 1st party Nintendo characters as soon as the 3rd party they didn't ask for gets in.

I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying
We are all in this mix of disappointment and SHEER HYPE together

Congratulations Cloud fans, but admit it, you're as stunned as the rest of us!

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I won't Lie when I saw the stars in Space.
I thought it was Wolf.
But then that Newsflash.
It had Brawl's Final Destination theme. So maybe.
Also Rosalina Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman
And Sticks (Possibly Ludwig) Confirmed for the new Olympics.
EDIT: Nabbit, Diddy and Wendy and Dry Bones as well.
That's definitely Ludwig.

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
so who are the ballot characters, man from the future
What?

Edit: Try to actually read posts before making snarky comments in the future.
No where did I mention any prediction of any characters.

Unless you think it is rocket science to figure out that a Moogle or a Chocobo would have a unique moveset. At least more unique compared to another swordfighter.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Of course, there's salt from other people. Less being the character, more of "he's 3rd party, he's a swordsman, not MY character!" It honestly is sad tbh.

Well, we have a big Smash announcement in December, so we might know our ballot characters then.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
My reaction to cloud's reveal went like this:

• [sees space and thinks metroid] Oh, new metrod.
  • [Realizes it's smash] Oh, god....not Ridley
  • [Sees Square Enix and realizes the FE music was playing] No....****ing....way....
  • [Sees cloud] Starts laughing uncontrollably

I think it's safe to say that Sakurai has a knack for ****ing on peoples expectations in a good way. So many leaks and assumptions were torn to shreds today. It was beautiful.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, so please be prepared as this will be long, it;s my thoughts ont he direct, there was good and bad stuff.

Going to ONLY talk about ssb and paper mario because it';s really the only 2 that had a lot of attention (including some other stuff, but these two, i have a lot to say).

Paper Mario: it;s good and bad. The good is paper jam I had a theory that the early release announcement was because the game schedule got early, this date confirms it because that date is in winter, NOT IN SPRING. So what this means is we only get the game a month later which is really not bad.

We also got some new info, I will have to investigate the footage later, but basically, we know the cards, new locations, enemies, the stretchy thing PAPER AIR PLANE OVERWORLD!!!!!! and stuff.

The really annoying feeling I have is my doubts about being too generic.......are still valid. I did heard a new music, but it;s not a interesting one. Like, idk guys, but right now, I just doubt it a bit more on the matter.

And I hate to break it to you guys but I got a really bad news about this: I am now thinking there's no paper mario on Wiiu at most likely. Sorry, but the James Anderson leak happened in September 2013, more than 2 years ago and we know it will not happen first half of 2015 for sure (I think, Q2 would be unlikely since they would want to hype that game if it exist),. By the time this happen, the NX will get announced which means that THE ONLY way a paper mario game would happen is end of life which can happen, but now the James leak would have been up for more than 3 years, that';s way too long considering that I don;t think it takes THIS much to do that game if it exist.

Sorry, but I did hoped soemthign would have happened, IS btw still has yet to say that they helped on paper jam which tbh is weird.

Now SSB.........oh geez I have a lot to say.

First, I was SPEECHLESS. I am neutral on him, but my god who coudl have ever predicted that? Seruiously, I was so surprised :)

But notice soemthing?

We NEVER got any ETA for the release, not even a year!

not even saying "his amibo wikll also be coming", no we just got a sneak peak of him.

And RIGHT after,

THERE'S MORE IN DECEMBER!

to me, I sincerly believe that the entire purpose of the announcement was to tease that. Think about it, a broadcast means there';s big stuff, they have to have a really good reason to go live. We are not waiting for any contents so to me, this confirms that the broadcast will have to do with characters and possibly the ballot. It jsut has to, I really don;t see other point to do this and the announcement of cloud supprots this: they didn;t even told when, onyl what. this makes me think they basicaly did cloud to tell that some SERIOUS stuff is coming.

Basiclaly, get hyped, I really believe that broadcast will be even mroe shocking than cloud trailer.

Now for theory time!

Was he preballot or not?

.......I say it's impossible to tell. See, it coudl go both way, I definetely see people requesting him, especially after that Sony E3, btu at the same time, i would see Sakurai jsut approach SE on its own because he did made remark about him wanting to do the best cross over which cloud jsut happens to contribute to this a lot.

As for SK, yeah, i dont; think it;s hapepning with the rumor likely dead tbh.

so, we had 3 slots minimum.

We are at 2 remaning minimum.

And we have no idea what will happen in December........

This essentially mean that I can;t speculate much. Sorry, but there's too much unknown to do so. I don;t feel the chances of character got affected positively or negatively with the exception of geno because they could have gotten him if it was from SE. I guess it means it;s possible in the future, but still, I woudl doubt it.

Anyway, I will wait for paper jam and hope that my doubts gets deconfirmed, but for Wiiu paper mario, I think it;s now unlikely :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom